REPOST- OR - Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock - Sheila

  • S
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 7 5:30 PM
      I got a couple of new ideas reading Mike's deet OR. Please edit this repost instead.

      Thanks,
      Sheila

      http://tinyurl.com/yvvqbm

      NEUTROGENA FRESH COOLING BODY MIST SUNBLOCK

      Photo from Neutrogena website

      OWNER REVIEW
      Date: July 7, 2007

      TESTER INFORMATION
      Name: Sheila Morrissey
      Age: 26
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5' 8" (1.7 m)
      Weight: 150 lb (68 kg)
      Email address: geosheila(at)yahoo(dot)com
      City, State, Country: Goleta, California, USA

      BACKPACKING BACKGROUND
      I enjoy hiking and backpacking in the Sierra Nevada and Los Padres National Forest with
      friends and my dog, Patch. My pack is usually around 25 lb (11 kg), including
      consumables. I wear sunscreen every day, both at home and on the trail, and I reapply
      frequently to protect my fair skin.

      PRODUCT INFORMATION
      Manufacturer: Neutrogena Corporation
      Year: 2007
      Manufacturer's Website: http://www.neutrogena.com
      Listed Fluid Weight: 5 fl oz (142 g)
      Listed Net Weight: 5.5 oz (156 g)
      Measured Net Weight: 4 oz (113 g), after a couple months' use from this canister
      SFP: 45 (also available in 30)
      MSRP: N/A

      PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
      Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock is a spray-on sunblock that doesn't need to
      be rubbed in, unlike regular lotion sunblocks and some other spray-on sunblocks that I
      have tried. It is waterproof, sweatproof, PABA free, non-comedogenic, and has both UVA
      and UVB protection. (I learned this good mnemonic from the packaging on one of my
      Neutrogena sunblock products that helps me remember which light is causing which
      skincare problem: UVA is for Aging and UVB is for Burning.)

      FIELD USE CONDITIONS
      I have used the Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock dozens of times while
      working outdoors, dayhiking, backpacking, biking and outrigger canoeing. Most of my use
      of this sunblock was while exercising and, therefore, sweating. I always reapplied after
      jumping in the ocean. I have used it at altitudes from sea level to 11,000 ft (3,350 m), on
      cloudy to sunny days, in temperatures ranging from 55 to 95 F (13 to 35 C), and .

      FIELD USE RESULTS
      At home or on the trail, I start my day by putting on a lotion sunblock. I really dislike
      wearing lotion, but I need the sun protection. I first tried the Neutrogena Fresh Cooling
      Body Mist Sunblock hoping I would like the feeling of it enough to replace my daily lotion
      sunblock. The Mist sunblock is just greasy enough that I prefer my lotion sunblock for
      daily use.

      Though I don't wear the Mist sunblock every day, I do use it sometimes as an easy
      reapplication on days when I'm out in the sun for a long time. In the photo below, I was
      out working in the hot Florida sun all day long. I had on a lotion sunblock, plus two or
      three applications of the Mist sunblock that I had put on during the course of the day. The
      result was a very shiny, greasy mess and not a bit of sunburn.

      Shiny, greasy arms after multiple applications of Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist
      Sunblock.

      The Mist sunblock is marketed as a "cooling body mist" and it does feel cool while
      spraying it on, but it's not a good enough feeling that I would put on more sunblock just
      to feel the cool mist, even on a really hot day. The main reason why I use it for sunblock
      reapplication is that it doesn't need to be rubbed in. Normally when I use a lotion
      sunblock, I wash my hands immediately after because I can't stand the feeling of lotion on
      my hands. When I'm out in the field and won't be able to wash my hands, the Mist
      sunblock is a good alternative for my sunblock reapplication.

      This sunblock works as well as any other SPF 45 sunblock I have used by Neutrogena when
      I apply it correctly. The problem is that by not actually rubbing in the sunblock, I can't feel
      exactly where I put it on and I occasionally miss a spot (earlier this summer I missed the
      backs of my arms and between my shoulder blades). I have therefore decided that in the
      future I will only use this sunblock for reapplication either when I have someone else spray
      it on my back and the backs of my arms, and/or when I really need to keep my hands
      sunblock-free. Examples of this are while working (I don't like bottles getting oily, it
      makes them difficult to hold onto) or while outrigger canoeing (I need a firm grip on the
      paddle).

      Regular lotion sunblock is now my sunblock of choice for backpacking, even though I
      don't like the feeling of it on my hands and I can't easily wash my hands every time I
      reapply. The Mist sunblock is easy to use, but I'm fearful that I'll miss a spot, particularly
      when it's the only sunblock that I carry. Also, by carrying only a lotion sunblock, I can
      bring a small amount in a resealable container rather than carrying an entire bottle of
      sunblock. I usually just bring the whole bottle anyway, but taking just a small portion isn't
      an option with the Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock spray canister. One
      reason why I might still carry the Mist sunblock is that it is easy to spray on my dog. He's a
      white boxer (very short hair) and sunburns easily.

      PROS
      High SPF, both UVA and UVB protection
      Easily sprays on and doesn't need to be rubbed in
      Feels cool while spraying it on
      Easy to apply on my dog
      CONS
      I sometimes miss a spot
      Must bring the entire canister
    • rayestrella1
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7 11:59 PM
        Hi Sheila,

        This is not an official edit. Feel free to ignore it if you like.

        Can you please take a look at your posts after you submit them? Your
        apps, reviews and reports all come across with weird line breaks that
        make them very difficult to read.

        Thanks,

        Ray
      • S
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 8 8:18 AM
          Hi Ray,

          I have noticed this, and I've actually been trying different things with every post that I've
          made! I have no idea how to fix it without actually typing everything directly in to the little
          box on the Yahoo page. I'm doing that now, and I think this post should come across fine.
          Do you know how how everyone else has fixed this problem??

          Sheila

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "rayestrella1" <rayestrella@...> wrote:

          > Hi Sheila,
          >
          > This is not an official edit. Feel free to ignore it if you like.
          >
          > Can you please take a look at your posts after you submit them? Your
          > apps, reviews and reports all come across with weird line breaks that
          > make them very difficult to read.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Ray

        • S
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8 8:41 AM
            Hi Ray,

            I am going to continue trying to find a way for my outgoing messages to come across wtih
            the right wrap lenght. However, for now, when trying to read the many messages
            (especially long apps, etc.) that come across this way, I just realized you can hit "message
            options" on the right side of the yahoo group messages page, and then hit "unwrap". This,
            of course, works assuming you read the messages on the group web page.

            I've run a couple of unsuccessful attempt at using the new rich-text editor (they came
            across as blank emails -- at least on my screen), but will see if I can't figure something
            out.

            This note looks fine when I hit "preview".

            Sheila

            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "rayestrella1" <rayestrella@...> wrote:

            > Hi Sheila,
            >
            > This is not an official edit. Feel free to ignore it if you like.
            >
            > Can you please take a look at your posts after you submit them? Your
            > apps, reviews and reports all come across with weird line breaks that
            > make them very difficult to read.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Ray

          • rayestrella1
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 8 9:58 AM
              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "S" <geosheila@...> wrote:

              > Hi Ray,
              >
              > I am going to continue trying to find a way for my outgoing messages
              to come across wtih
              > the right wrap lenght. However, for now, when trying to read the many
              messages
              > (especially long apps, etc.) that come across this way, I just
              realized you can hit "message
              > options" on the right side of the yahoo group messages page, and then
              hit "unwrap". This,
              > of course, works assuming you read the messages on the group web page.

              I do not know what does this. It seems to happen to a few people. I
              useally write in Word, then paste the message into Yahoo, unless it is
              something short like this, which I just type into the reply box. Good
              luck with it.

              Ray
            • rayestrella1
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 12 4:58 PM
                Hi Sheila,

                Thank you for your Owner Review, your initial edits will follow. They
                will take the following format;

                EDIT: must be changed

                After they are done you may put it here;

                http://tinyurl.com/2c4szq

                Ray

                ***Listed Fluid Weight: 5 fl oz (142 g)

                EDIT: this is volume, not weight

                ***SFP: 45 (also available in 30)

                EDIT: I believe this is SPF and it should be spelled out for the
                first use.

                ***and has both UVA and UVB protection.

                EDIT: same thing, Ultra Violet A and B should be spelled out at least
                the first time.

                ***I wash my hands immediately after because I can't stand the
                feeling of lotion on my hands.

                Comment; yuck, me too

                ***I can bring a small amount in a resealable container

                EDIT: sealable

                ***One reason why I might still carry the Mist sunblock is that it is
                easy to spray on my dog. He's a white boxer (very short hair) and
                sunburns easily.

                EDIT: this is valuable information. If you have used it in this
                manner you should say so, and should go into some detail of it.
              • S
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 12 6:09 PM
                  Thanks, Ray!

                  Edits are done and the OR was uploaded.

                  (And just a note since more sunblock OR's might be coming in and needing the same UVA/
                  UVB edit, ultraviolet is one word.)

                  Sheila
                • rayestrella1
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 12 6:49 PM
                    --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "S" <geosheila@...> wrote:

                    (And just a note since more sunblock OR's might be coming in and
                    > needing the same UVA/ UVB edit, ultraviolet is one word.)

                    I know, see next edit...