Owner Review - (Cat's Meow)

  • Health Adventures and Wilderness Knowled
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2007
      Cat's Meow sleeping bag by The North Face

      Reviewed by:
      Name: Jared McQuiston
      Age: 24
      Gender: M
      Height: 6'1'' (185 cm)
      Weight: 220 (100 kg)
      Email address: hawktraining@...
      City, State, Country: Cleveland, OH, USA
      Date: 6/6/7
      Backpacking Background: I have been backpacking for about five years
      now. I have learned a lot of lessons through trial and error, and
      have covered a variety of terrain from deserts to wetlands and the
      mountains in between.
      What you can expect from my reviews: I practice leave-no-trace
      ethics, backpack in all weather conditions, and try to use gear as
      innovatively as possible. I am a pretty big guy, so my reviews will
      be most helpful to the user concerned with durability and proper
      sizing. I test gear tough, and my ratings will be the same.
      The Cat's Meow is a three-season synthetic sleeping bag rated to 20
      Fahrenheit (-6.66 C). Manufactured by: The North Face, an outdoor
      apparel and equipment company based out of San Francisco, USA.
      View this item online at www.thenorthface.com.
      Year of manufacture: 2006.
      Weight: [reg] 2 lbs 10 oz (1204 g) [lng] 2 lbs 14 oz (1294 g)

      This is the ultimate three-season bag. I have used it on many trips
      and found that it is just warm enough for crisp late fall nights, and
      not too stifling on a summer trek. The synthetic material stays warm
      even after a generous dousing, as I learned when my fly sprung a leak
      in a Midwestern spring shower. The whole bag packs up to about the
      size of a bowling ball using the ultra-durable compression stuff sack
      (included). The silky-soft lining makes sliding into the bag easily
      the most soothing part of the day.
      Gripes: The foot box could use a little more insulation, and the
      zipper occasionally sticks.
      Perks: Affordable versatility makes it a great purchase for those
      just getting started or on a budget. Both a compression sack and
      storage sack are included.
    • edwardripleyduggan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2007
        Hello Jared,

        We've discussed your OR in the editor's group. While you have some
        portions of the BGT review model incorporated in your review, it lacks
        much key information. Rather than edit at this point, I think it's
        fairer to you if I recommend that you contact the BGT mentor program. See

        http://www.backpackgeartest.org/lesson.php?lesson=SGAppendix&page=5#What_is

        or

        http://tinyurl.com/2d44n4

        for information on this, including contact info. Good luck!

        Best,

        Ted

        BGT Editor

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Health Adventures and