Re: [BackpackGearTest] Re: OR Fido Fleece Dog Booties - Jo Ann Moffi

  • TheMiddleSister
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2007
      Not Jo Ann, but I tested the Muttluks with my 55 lb dog w/dew claws and they worked great! It was one of my very first tests and we're still using them.

      Kathy

      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2007
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "S" <geosheila@...> wrote:

        > Oh goodness, I just reread the end of your review and saw you
        mentioned the issue with the
        > dewclaws.
        >
        > Sheila

        No prob. Morgan's dewclaws are pretty firmly attached, they don't flop
        around like some dog's do. Sometimes I wonder if its just her getting
        tired of wearing the boots or if it is actually irritating. On
        occasion, I've re-adjusted the boots and she's been fine for another
        couple of km. She kind of stops and noses the boots on the inside of
        her leg which is what makes me think its the dewclaws that are being
        irritated.

        She fortunately can't talk to tell me what she thinks of them! :)

        Jo Ann
      • Jo
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2007
          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon" <rlyon@...> wrote:

          > Jo Ann, do you think they could handle double dewclaws? I notice
          > that the breed list on website doesn't include Great Pyrenees (or
          > any of the other giant breeds). Richard

          I don't see why they wouldn't be able to. The velcro can be positioned
          either above or below Morgan's dewclaws. It seems to be when it is
          above that she finds it to be an issue. But we are talking after an
          hour or two of hiking as well... its not like she starts poking at
          them as soon as we get out the door. Usually an adjustment fixes the
          issue.

          I really like them. I've used them on my sister's dearly departed dog
          too and she was a shepard/bull mastiff cross. Not exactly a giant
          breed, but she had pretty big feet. She never found them irritating on
          her dewclaws because the dewclaws were far enough up her leg that they
          were between the velcro strap and the drawstring. She is the only dog
          I've had lose a Fido Bootie, but that's because she would take them
          off when we weren't looking!

          I used to manage a pet food and supply store and we sold more of the
          Fido booties than any other. We had some pretty big ones there that
          would have fit a giant breed.

          Jo Ann