Re: OR Fido Fleece Dog Booties - Jo Ann Moffi

  • richardglyon
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2 2:55 PM
      Jo Ann, do you think they could handle double dewclaws? I notice
      that the breed list on website doesn't include Great Pyrenees (or
      any of the other giant breeds). Richard

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "S" <geosheila@...> wrote:

      > Oh goodness, I just reread the end of your review and saw you
      mentioned the issue with the
      > dewclaws.
      >
      > Sheila
      >

      > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jo" <jomoffi@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Guys!
      > >
      > > Here's another one for the queue:
      > >
      > > http://snipurl.com/1j2sf
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Jo Ann
      > >
      > > ********************
      > > Fido Fleece Dog Booties
      > > Owner Review
      > > May 2, 2007

    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2 3:31 PM

        reviews before submission.

        Moderator.

        will use APPROVED in the subject line.

        the list or contact me directly.

        Edit Administration Manager
      • TheMiddleSister
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2 4:47 PM
          Not Jo Ann, but I tested the Muttluks with my 55 lb dog w/dew claws and they worked great! It was one of my very first tests and we're still using them.

          Kathy

          Message 4 of 8 , May 2 5:58 PM
            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "S" <geosheila@...> wrote:

            > Oh goodness, I just reread the end of your review and saw you
            mentioned the issue with the
            > dewclaws.
            >
            > Sheila

            No prob. Morgan's dewclaws are pretty firmly attached, they don't flop
            around like some dog's do. Sometimes I wonder if its just her getting
            tired of wearing the boots or if it is actually irritating. On
            occasion, I've re-adjusted the boots and she's been fine for another
            couple of km. She kind of stops and noses the boots on the inside of
            her leg which is what makes me think its the dewclaws that are being
            irritated.

            She fortunately can't talk to tell me what she thinks of them! :)

            Jo Ann
          • Jo
            Message 5 of 8 , May 2 6:05 PM
              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon" <rlyon@...> wrote:

              > Jo Ann, do you think they could handle double dewclaws? I notice
              > that the breed list on website doesn't include Great Pyrenees (or
              > any of the other giant breeds). Richard

              I don't see why they wouldn't be able to. The velcro can be positioned
              either above or below Morgan's dewclaws. It seems to be when it is
              above that she finds it to be an issue. But we are talking after an
              hour or two of hiking as well... its not like she starts poking at
              them as soon as we get out the door. Usually an adjustment fixes the
              issue.

              I really like them. I've used them on my sister's dearly departed dog
              too and she was a shepard/bull mastiff cross. Not exactly a giant
              breed, but she had pretty big feet. She never found them irritating on
              her dewclaws because the dewclaws were far enough up her leg that they
              were between the velcro strap and the drawstring. She is the only dog
              I've had lose a Fido Bootie, but that's because she would take them
              off when we weren't looking!

              I used to manage a pet food and supply store and we sold more of the
              Fido booties than any other. We had some pretty big ones there that
              would have fit a giant breed.

              Jo Ann