Eric Olsen Please Read - Re: OR - GSI Outdoors TEKK Lexan Cutlery Set

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 4, 2007

      reviews before submission.

      Moderator.

      will use APPROVED in the subject line.

      the list or contact me directly.

      Edit Administration Manager
    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 4, 2007
        Or head to the BGT addicts support group!!! Oh wait you are here,
        nevermind. :)

        jamie

        > >I just had so much fun doing my first 2 OR's that I whipped out a
        > >3rd. It is at the following link:
        >
        > Eric you may need to talk to Ray :-)
        >
        > Andrew

      • rayestrella1
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 5, 2007
          Hello Eric,

          This is a nice job on your third review. Thanks for putting the HTML
          up at the same time. I will work from it; your initial edits will
          follow. They will take the following format;

          EDIT: must be changed

          Once you make the changes you can repost and put a new one in the
          test folder.

          Ray

          ***Listed Weight: .7 oz (20 g)

          EDIT: when using fractional number we are asked to put a 0 before the
          decimal point. So this should be "0.7" oz, same thing with all
          instances please.

          ***The spoon holds 1.25 tspn. (6 ml).

          EDIT: the abbreviation for teaspoon is "tsp" and no period after it

          ***GSI Outdoors makes a variety of deferent polycarbonate utensils

          EDIT: different

          ***This set was harder to find to get the manufacturers
          specifications than some of the other sets but I expect the others
          will be very similar if not better from subsequent improvements.

          EDIT: this is speculation and projection, unless you buy them and
          know it to be the case this should be left out

          ***some wind was encountered but had no effect on the function of the
          utensils, and they are not too light as to be blow away in normal
          wind.

          EDIT: some wind was encountered but had no effect on the function of
          the utensils "as" they are not "so" light as to be "blown" away in
          normal wind.

          ***The knife has been used for the typical uses that a utensil knife
          is used for.

          Edit: that is a lot of "use"s, you may want to say the
          typical "things that a knife"…

          ***The spoon is big enough for food with some consistancy to them

          EDIT: consistency, and I think you mean "with thicker consistency" as
          even soup has consistency. (Less than stew but more than water…)

          ***The fork is used mainly for more elaborate breakfast than my norm
          (eggs, sausage, pancakes) and for dinners.

          EDIT: "breakfasts", and you may want to put the (eggs, sausage,
          pancakes) after "breakfasts" as the way it is now it says that they
          are your norm.

          ***Super light - Under an ounce is hard to beat

          EDIT: metric conversion needed
        • Ralph Ditton
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 5, 2007
            Hello Ray,

            I helped Eric with some of this report as I am his mentor.

            According to my wife and her cookbooks, teaspoon can be abbreviated as tspn
            or tsp. Most of the cookbooks here add the p.

            Out of interest our tablespoon (tbpn) equals 20 ml whereas the American tbpn
            equals 15 ml. The tspn in both countries equals 5 ml.

            Either is acceptable.

            Cheers

            Ralph

            _____

            EDIT: the abbreviation for teaspoon is "tsp" and no period after it

            ,___

          • rayestrella1
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 6, 2007
              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Ditton" <rdassetts@...>
              wrote:

              > Hello Ray,
              >
              > I helped Eric with some of this report as I am his mentor.
              >
              > According to my wife and her cookbooks, teaspoon can be abbreviated
              as tspn
              > or tsp.

              Hi Ralph,

              Good work with Eric, he did a very good job on his review.

              The BGT Converter and my cookbooks use tsp for it, and tbsp for
              tablespoon. No n's that I find. Maybe it is a down-under thing?

              Ray
            • Ralph Ditton
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 6, 2007
                Hi Ray,

                Ummm, maybe it is. We tend to borrow (copy) a lot from the Poms so they may
                also use the same abbreviation.

                Maybe Ted might know. It is no big deal.

                Thanks for the kind words. Eric is a pleasure to mentor.

                Cheers

                Ralph

                _____

                <snip>

              • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 6, 2007
                  Tablespoon usually has a capital T in the abbreviation. tsp for teaspoon
                  is appropriate.

                  Jet