Re: [BackpackGearTest] Re: OR - GSI Outdoors TEKK Lexan Cutlery Set - Eric Olsen

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007
      Hi Ray

      Boy you are slave driver :-) Will get this sorted tonight or tomorrow.
      Promise.

      Andrew

      On 03/04/07, rayestrella1 <rayestrella@...> wrote:

      > Jenn has asked me very nicely to cut down to just one for the OR call a
      > month.
      >
      > By the way, what is the call for April Andrew?
      >
      > Ray

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 4, 2007

        reviews before submission.

        Moderator.

        will use APPROVED in the subject line.

        the list or contact me directly.

        Edit Administration Manager
      • chcoa
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 4, 2007
          Or head to the BGT addicts support group!!! Oh wait you are here,
          nevermind. :)

          jamie

          > >I just had so much fun doing my first 2 OR's that I whipped out a
          > >3rd. It is at the following link:
          >
          > Eric you may need to talk to Ray :-)
          >
          > Andrew

        • rayestrella1
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 5, 2007
            Hello Eric,

            This is a nice job on your third review. Thanks for putting the HTML
            up at the same time. I will work from it; your initial edits will
            follow. They will take the following format;

            EDIT: must be changed

            Once you make the changes you can repost and put a new one in the
            test folder.

            Ray

            ***Listed Weight: .7 oz (20 g)

            EDIT: when using fractional number we are asked to put a 0 before the
            decimal point. So this should be "0.7" oz, same thing with all
            instances please.

            ***The spoon holds 1.25 tspn. (6 ml).

            EDIT: the abbreviation for teaspoon is "tsp" and no period after it

            ***GSI Outdoors makes a variety of deferent polycarbonate utensils

            EDIT: different

            ***This set was harder to find to get the manufacturers
            specifications than some of the other sets but I expect the others
            will be very similar if not better from subsequent improvements.

            EDIT: this is speculation and projection, unless you buy them and
            know it to be the case this should be left out

            ***some wind was encountered but had no effect on the function of the
            utensils, and they are not too light as to be blow away in normal
            wind.

            EDIT: some wind was encountered but had no effect on the function of
            the utensils "as" they are not "so" light as to be "blown" away in
            normal wind.

            ***The knife has been used for the typical uses that a utensil knife
            is used for.

            Edit: that is a lot of "use"s, you may want to say the
            typical "things that a knife"…

            ***The spoon is big enough for food with some consistancy to them

            EDIT: consistency, and I think you mean "with thicker consistency" as
            even soup has consistency. (Less than stew but more than water…)

            ***The fork is used mainly for more elaborate breakfast than my norm
            (eggs, sausage, pancakes) and for dinners.

            EDIT: "breakfasts", and you may want to put the (eggs, sausage,
            pancakes) after "breakfasts" as the way it is now it says that they
            are your norm.

            ***Super light - Under an ounce is hard to beat

            EDIT: metric conversion needed
          • Ralph Ditton
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 5, 2007
              Hello Ray,

              I helped Eric with some of this report as I am his mentor.

              According to my wife and her cookbooks, teaspoon can be abbreviated as tspn
              or tsp. Most of the cookbooks here add the p.

              Out of interest our tablespoon (tbpn) equals 20 ml whereas the American tbpn
              equals 15 ml. The tspn in both countries equals 5 ml.

              Either is acceptable.

              Cheers

              Ralph

              _____

              EDIT: the abbreviation for teaspoon is "tsp" and no period after it

              ,___

            • rayestrella1
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 6, 2007
                --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Ditton" <rdassetts@...>
                wrote:

                > Hello Ray,
                >
                > I helped Eric with some of this report as I am his mentor.
                >
                > According to my wife and her cookbooks, teaspoon can be abbreviated
                as tspn
                > or tsp.

                Hi Ralph,

                Good work with Eric, he did a very good job on his review.

                The BGT Converter and my cookbooks use tsp for it, and tbsp for
                tablespoon. No n's that I find. Maybe it is a down-under thing?

                Ray
              • Ralph Ditton
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 6, 2007
                  Hi Ray,

                  Ummm, maybe it is. We tend to borrow (copy) a lot from the Poms so they may
                  also use the same abbreviation.

                  Maybe Ted might know. It is no big deal.

                  Thanks for the kind words. Eric is a pleasure to mentor.

                  Cheers

                  Ralph

                  _____

                  <snip>

                • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 6, 2007
                    Tablespoon usually has a capital T in the abbreviation. tsp for teaspoon
                    is appropriate.

                    Jet