Re: OR - GSI Outdoors TEKK Lexan Cutlery Set - Eric Olsen

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2 6:14 PM
      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest <apriest@...>
      wrote:

      > Eric you may need to talk to Ray :-)

      Yeah I had so much fun I whipped out my thirtieth...

      Jenn has asked me very nicely to cut down to just one for the OR call a
      month.

      By the way, what is the call for April Andrew?

      Ray
    • Andrew Priest
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2 8:59 PM
        Hi Ray

        Boy you are slave driver :-) Will get this sorted tonight or tomorrow.
        Promise.

        Andrew

        On 03/04/07, rayestrella1 <rayestrella@...> wrote:

        > Jenn has asked me very nicely to cut down to just one for the OR call a
        > month.
        >
        > By the way, what is the call for April Andrew?
        >
        > Ray

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • chcoa
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 4 12:02 AM

          reviews before submission.

          Moderator.

          will use APPROVED in the subject line.

          the list or contact me directly.

          Edit Administration Manager
        • chcoa
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 4 12:04 AM
            Or head to the BGT addicts support group!!! Oh wait you are here,
            nevermind. :)

            jamie

            > >I just had so much fun doing my first 2 OR's that I whipped out a
            > >3rd. It is at the following link:
            >
            > Eric you may need to talk to Ray :-)
            >
            > Andrew

          • rayestrella1
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 5 1:12 PM
              Hello Eric,

              This is a nice job on your third review. Thanks for putting the HTML
              up at the same time. I will work from it; your initial edits will
              follow. They will take the following format;

              EDIT: must be changed

              Once you make the changes you can repost and put a new one in the
              test folder.

              Ray

              ***Listed Weight: .7 oz (20 g)

              EDIT: when using fractional number we are asked to put a 0 before the
              decimal point. So this should be "0.7" oz, same thing with all
              instances please.

              ***The spoon holds 1.25 tspn. (6 ml).

              EDIT: the abbreviation for teaspoon is "tsp" and no period after it

              ***GSI Outdoors makes a variety of deferent polycarbonate utensils

              EDIT: different

              ***This set was harder to find to get the manufacturers
              specifications than some of the other sets but I expect the others
              will be very similar if not better from subsequent improvements.

              EDIT: this is speculation and projection, unless you buy them and
              know it to be the case this should be left out

              ***some wind was encountered but had no effect on the function of the
              utensils, and they are not too light as to be blow away in normal
              wind.

              EDIT: some wind was encountered but had no effect on the function of
              the utensils "as" they are not "so" light as to be "blown" away in
              normal wind.

              ***The knife has been used for the typical uses that a utensil knife
              is used for.

              Edit: that is a lot of "use"s, you may want to say the
              typical "things that a knife"…

              ***The spoon is big enough for food with some consistancy to them

              EDIT: consistency, and I think you mean "with thicker consistency" as
              even soup has consistency. (Less than stew but more than water…)

              ***The fork is used mainly for more elaborate breakfast than my norm
              (eggs, sausage, pancakes) and for dinners.

              EDIT: "breakfasts", and you may want to put the (eggs, sausage,
              pancakes) after "breakfasts" as the way it is now it says that they
              are your norm.

              ***Super light - Under an ounce is hard to beat

              EDIT: metric conversion needed
            • Ralph Ditton
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 5 11:49 PM
                Hello Ray,

                I helped Eric with some of this report as I am his mentor.

                According to my wife and her cookbooks, teaspoon can be abbreviated as tspn
                or tsp. Most of the cookbooks here add the p.

                Out of interest our tablespoon (tbpn) equals 20 ml whereas the American tbpn
                equals 15 ml. The tspn in both countries equals 5 ml.

                Either is acceptable.

                Cheers

                Ralph

                _____

                EDIT: the abbreviation for teaspoon is "tsp" and no period after it

                ,___

              • rayestrella1
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 6 5:17 AM
                  --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Ditton" <rdassetts@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Hello Ray,
                  >
                  > I helped Eric with some of this report as I am his mentor.
                  >
                  > According to my wife and her cookbooks, teaspoon can be abbreviated
                  as tspn
                  > or tsp.

                  Hi Ralph,

                  Good work with Eric, he did a very good job on his review.

                  The BGT Converter and my cookbooks use tsp for it, and tbsp for
                  tablespoon. No n's that I find. Maybe it is a down-under thing?

                  Ray
                • Ralph Ditton
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 6 6:59 AM
                    Hi Ray,

                    Ummm, maybe it is. We tend to borrow (copy) a lot from the Poms so they may
                    also use the same abbreviation.

                    Maybe Ted might know. It is no big deal.

                    Thanks for the kind words. Eric is a pleasure to mentor.

                    Cheers

                    Ralph

                    _____

                    <snip>

                  • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 6 9:36 AM
                      Tablespoon usually has a capital T in the abbreviation. tsp for teaspoon
                      is appropriate.

                      Jet