Re: [BackpackGearTest] OR - GSI Outdoors TEKK Lexan Cutlery Set - Eric Olsen

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007
      At 10:52 PM 2/04/2007, you wrote:
      >I just had so much fun doing my first 2 OR's that I whipped out a
      >3rd. It is at the following link:

      Eric you may need to talk to Ray :-)

      Andrew
    • rayestrella1
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest <apriest@...>
        wrote:

        > Eric you may need to talk to Ray :-)

        Yeah I had so much fun I whipped out my thirtieth...

        Jenn has asked me very nicely to cut down to just one for the OR call a
        month.

        By the way, what is the call for April Andrew?

        Ray
      • Andrew Priest
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007
          Hi Ray

          Boy you are slave driver :-) Will get this sorted tonight or tomorrow.
          Promise.

          Andrew

          On 03/04/07, rayestrella1 <rayestrella@...> wrote:

          > Jenn has asked me very nicely to cut down to just one for the OR call a
          > month.
          >
          > By the way, what is the call for April Andrew?
          >
          > Ray

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • chcoa
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 4, 2007

            reviews before submission.

            Moderator.

            will use APPROVED in the subject line.

            the list or contact me directly.

            Edit Administration Manager
          • chcoa
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 4, 2007
              Or head to the BGT addicts support group!!! Oh wait you are here,
              nevermind. :)

              jamie

              > >I just had so much fun doing my first 2 OR's that I whipped out a
              > >3rd. It is at the following link:
              >
              > Eric you may need to talk to Ray :-)
              >
              > Andrew

            • rayestrella1
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 5, 2007
                Hello Eric,

                This is a nice job on your third review. Thanks for putting the HTML
                up at the same time. I will work from it; your initial edits will
                follow. They will take the following format;

                EDIT: must be changed

                Once you make the changes you can repost and put a new one in the
                test folder.

                Ray

                ***Listed Weight: .7 oz (20 g)

                EDIT: when using fractional number we are asked to put a 0 before the
                decimal point. So this should be "0.7" oz, same thing with all
                instances please.

                ***The spoon holds 1.25 tspn. (6 ml).

                EDIT: the abbreviation for teaspoon is "tsp" and no period after it

                ***GSI Outdoors makes a variety of deferent polycarbonate utensils

                EDIT: different

                ***This set was harder to find to get the manufacturers
                specifications than some of the other sets but I expect the others
                will be very similar if not better from subsequent improvements.

                EDIT: this is speculation and projection, unless you buy them and
                know it to be the case this should be left out

                ***some wind was encountered but had no effect on the function of the
                utensils, and they are not too light as to be blow away in normal
                wind.

                EDIT: some wind was encountered but had no effect on the function of
                the utensils "as" they are not "so" light as to be "blown" away in
                normal wind.

                ***The knife has been used for the typical uses that a utensil knife
                is used for.

                Edit: that is a lot of "use"s, you may want to say the
                typical "things that a knife"…

                ***The spoon is big enough for food with some consistancy to them

                EDIT: consistency, and I think you mean "with thicker consistency" as
                even soup has consistency. (Less than stew but more than water…)

                ***The fork is used mainly for more elaborate breakfast than my norm
                (eggs, sausage, pancakes) and for dinners.

                EDIT: "breakfasts", and you may want to put the (eggs, sausage,
                pancakes) after "breakfasts" as the way it is now it says that they
                are your norm.

                ***Super light - Under an ounce is hard to beat

                EDIT: metric conversion needed
              • Ralph Ditton
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 5, 2007
                  Hello Ray,

                  I helped Eric with some of this report as I am his mentor.

                  According to my wife and her cookbooks, teaspoon can be abbreviated as tspn
                  or tsp. Most of the cookbooks here add the p.

                  Out of interest our tablespoon (tbpn) equals 20 ml whereas the American tbpn
                  equals 15 ml. The tspn in both countries equals 5 ml.

                  Either is acceptable.

                  Cheers

                  Ralph

                  _____

                  EDIT: the abbreviation for teaspoon is "tsp" and no period after it

                  ,___

                • rayestrella1
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 6, 2007
                    --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Ditton" <rdassetts@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Hello Ray,
                    >
                    > I helped Eric with some of this report as I am his mentor.
                    >
                    > According to my wife and her cookbooks, teaspoon can be abbreviated
                    as tspn
                    > or tsp.

                    Hi Ralph,

                    Good work with Eric, he did a very good job on his review.

                    The BGT Converter and my cookbooks use tsp for it, and tbsp for
                    tablespoon. No n's that I find. Maybe it is a down-under thing?

                    Ray
                  • Ralph Ditton
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 6, 2007
                      Hi Ray,

                      Ummm, maybe it is. We tend to borrow (copy) a lot from the Poms so they may
                      also use the same abbreviation.

                      Maybe Ted might know. It is no big deal.

                      Thanks for the kind words. Eric is a pleasure to mentor.

                      Cheers

                      Ralph

                      _____

                      <snip>

                    • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 6, 2007
                        Tablespoon usually has a capital T in the abbreviation. tsp for teaspoon
                        is appropriate.

                        Jet