Hello, just joined the group, have an open test call question

  • gill35pi3
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2007
      I just joined, and have lurked for a while on this group, but I haven't
      looked around the web site too much yet, so if this question is
      answered somewhere, please excuse my newbieness. I found this open call
      for testing the BD mesa 2 tent
      (http://www.backpackgeartest.org/News/article.php?
      story=20070125082429217)
      and saw that the closing date was Jan 31st, but it is still listed as
      open. Is it still open? The more important question- is there *any* way
      I could review it if I get my 2 owner reviews done ASAP? I've been
      looking at buying this tent for a trip to southern Utah in 10 days. I
      know, I would need some very fast ORs w/ limited revisions (however, my
      wife is a copy editor, so extensive editing would be unlikely), and I
      am an unknown newbie, so why let me review something this expensive? I
      thought I would ask just in case there was a chance I could get the
      opportunity to review this tent.
      Thanks,

      Dave
    • Brian Tannehill
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26, 2007
        > I found this open call
        > for testing the BD mesa 2 tent
        > (http://www.backpackgeartest.org/News/article.php?
        > story=20070125082429217)
        > and saw that the closing date was Jan 31st, but it is still listed as
        > open. Is it still open?

        I highly doubt it. Search the archives of the Yahoo List to see

        The more important question- is there *any* way
        > I could review it if I get my 2 owner reviews done ASAP?

        Nope. The two ORs take roughly a month to get both done if you move
        fast. Should have done them sooner!! Get em done now so when another
        cool tent comes along you will be ready.

        I've been
        > looking at buying this tent for a trip to southern Utah in 10 days. I
        > know, I would need some very fast ORs w/ limited revisions (however, my
        > wife is a copy editor, so extensive editing would be unlikely),

        Yeah but she doesnt edit in BGT ese...

        You could always buy it and write an Owner Review on it later!!

        Plus nothing has EVER moved in BGT inside of 10 days!!

        Brian
      • Brian Tannehill
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 26, 2007
          I also just noticed you posted the question to the backpackgeartest
          yahoo group. This group is only for Owner Reviews.

          Anything dealing with test calls will be on the backpackgeartesterS
          yahoo group. Note the S at the end. Thats the archives you need to
          search for test calls.

          Brian