Question: REVISED OWNER REVIEW Mad Rock Alpinist

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
      Hi Sam,

      As this has not hit the queue yet I have no idea who will be your
      editor for this one, but I do have a question to ask about it first.

      From what I am reading it seems that you have only worn these on a
      couple of training trips. Is this the case? If so it is not really
      enough to qualify for a review. If you have more use you may want to
      add it to your review before it gets picked up.

      It is a pretty good start though. As it is your second one you may want
      to try getting a picture or two in it also.

      I hike both those areas a lot. In fact I lived in Idyllwild and still
      am there at least a couple times a month. Maybe I will run into you. We
      are doing San Gorgonio tomorrow.

      Ray
    • Sam
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
        Hi Ray,

        I thought I met the minimum level of use as stated in the
        BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609, Chapter 3, Recommendation 1,
        Subsection 1, but in the interest of balancing this with requirements
        of Subsection 7 I can certainly add more to the review. ;)

        Since I haven't found any reviews for this boot on the internet, it
        was more interesting to me than ORing my Jetboil or Therm-a-Rest.

        I'm raring to get going with BGT so I'll look about the house for
        potential 2nd OR alternatives.

        I'll be out using them this weekend for sure. See you on the trail!

        -Sam

        <rayestrella@...> wrote:

        > Hi Sam,
        >
        > As this has not hit the queue yet I have no idea who will be your
        > editor for this one, but I do have a question to ask about it first.
        >
        > From what I am reading it seems that you have only worn these on a
        > couple of training trips. Is this the case? If so it is not really
        > enough to qualify for a review. If you have more use you may want to
        > add it to your review before it gets picked up.
        >
        > It is a pretty good start though. As it is your second one you may want
        > to try getting a picture or two in it also.
        >
        > I hike both those areas a lot. In fact I lived in Idyllwild and still
        > am there at least a couple times a month. Maybe I will run into you. We
        > are doing San Gorgonio tomorrow.
        >
        > Ray

      • chcoa
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007

          reviews before submission.

          Moderator.

          will use APPROVED in the subject line.

          the list or contact me directly.

          Edit Administration Manager
        • S
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2007
            Hi Sam,

            I'm just up the 101 from you, so my reports also mention Los Padres National Forest a
            bunch. When I read your owner review something struck me - and I've done the very same
            thing! - but we should probably both avoid writing "the" Los Padres in future reports. It's
            very southern California of us, but also ridiculously redundant! It's like when people write
            Sierra Nevada Mountains. Grrr...that redundancy boils my blood. So we just might be
            bugging someone with our extra SoCal "the"s everywhere!

            Sheila

            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Sam" <nanking3030@...> wrote:

            > REPOST: OR Mad Rock Alpinist
            >
            > MAD ROCK ALPINIST
            > BY SAM BISHOP
            > OR
            > February 26, 2007
            >
            > TESTER INFORMATION
            >
            > NAME: Sam Bishop
            > EMAIL: nanking3030@...
            > AGE: 28
            > LOCATION: Ventura, California, USA
            > GENDER: M
            > HEIGHT: 5' 10" (1.78 m)
            > WEIGHT: 185 lb (83.90 kg)
            >
            > My wife and I started taking short backpacking trips a couple years
            > ago. We mostly hike and camp in the Los Padres National Forest, but
            > are taking more trips into the eastern Sierra Nevada. We hike and
            > camp year round in southern California, USA, but are just getting into
            > snow camping and mountaineering. My pack is heavy by today's
            > standards. I prefer low volume to low weight.
          • Nano King
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2, 2007
              Now that you've mentioned it, it jumps right out at me!

              -Sam

              I'm just up the 101 from you, so my reports also mention Los Padres National Forest a

              bunch. When I read your owner review something struck me - and I've done the very same

              thing! - but we should probably both avoid writing "the" Los Padres in future reports. It's

              very southern California of us, but also ridiculously redundant! It's like when people write

              Sierra Nevada Mountains. Grrr...that redundancy boils my blood. So we just might be

              bugging someone with our extra SoCal "the"s everywhere!

              Sheila

              --- In BackpackGearTest@ yahoogroups. com, "Sam" <nanking3030@ ...> wrote:

              > REPOST: OR Mad Rock Alpinist

              > MAD ROCK ALPINIST

              > BY SAM BISHOP

              > OR

              > February 26, 2007

              > TESTER INFORMATION

              > NAME: Sam Bishop

              > EMAIL: nanking3030@ ...

              > AGE: 28

              > LOCATION: Ventura, California, USA

              > GENDER: M

              > HEIGHT: 5' 10" (1.78 m)

              > WEIGHT: 185 lb (83.90 kg)

              > My wife and I started taking short backpacking trips a couple years

              > ago. We mostly hike and camp in the Los Padres National Forest, but

              > are taking more trips into the eastern Sierra Nevada. We hike and

              > camp year round in southern California, USA, but are just getting into

              > snow camping and mountaineering. My pack is heavy by today's

              > standards. I prefer low volume to low weight.

              <!--

              #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
              #ygrp-text{
              font-family:Georgia;