Attn: Owner Review - Sierra Designs Sandman Flex Sleeping Bag - Todd O. Morken

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
      Hi Todd,

      I am afraid that I have some bad news for you concerning your Sierra
      Designs Sand Man Flex test.

      This bag was last made from 1999 to 2002. We have a policy of writing
      reviews on gear that is current or no more than two years out of
      production. As I like you have a lot of older gear, I ask about it
      before I write the review. My Mountainsmith Cypher was near the two
      year mark when I wrote about it. (After asking.) I have a lot that I
      can not write about, though.

      Thank you for the effort put into it. We will look forward to a more
      current review in the future.

      Raymond Estrella
    • Todd
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
        Hi Ray,

        That's very odd, this bag has a manufacturing date on the tag at the
        foot of the bag of TJ-2004-C, which I purchased in fall 2005. The tag
        also clearly marks it as a Sandman LG/RH so I think the model is right.

        Either way, not a big deal, I will restrict my reviews to items that
        are currently in production in the future, as I suppose in reality
        that makes the most sense for those using the site.

        Todd

        <rayestrella@...> wrote:

        > Hi Todd,
        >
        > I am afraid that I have some bad news for you concerning your Sierra
        > Designs Sand Man Flex test.
        >
        > This bag was last made from 1999 to 2002. We have a policy of writing
        > reviews on gear that is current or no more than two years out of
        > production. As I like you have a lot of older gear, I ask about it
        > before I write the review. My Mountainsmith Cypher was near the two
        > year mark when I wrote about it. (After asking.) I have a lot that I
        > can not write about, though.
        >
        > Thank you for the effort put into it. We will look forward to a more
        > current review in the future.
        >
        > Raymond Estrella

      • Andrew Priest
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2007
          At 02:16 AM 3/02/2007, you wrote:

          >Either way, not a big deal, I will restrict my reviews to items that
          >are currently in production in the future, as I suppose in reality
          >that makes the most sense for those using the site.

          Thanks Todd for your cooperation on this one.

          Much appreciated.

          Andrew, Sir