re OR Editor Requirements

  • Roger Caffin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2007
      Hi Jo Ann

      > Can anyone tell me what the requirements are for helping out with editing on
      > this list? I noticed you guys seem to be a bit bogged down with ORs, and we
      > seem to have lost a couple of editors.
      Thank you for your kind offer - it has been noted.
      The normal learning path for any Editor is to serve as a Test Monitor for a while. It would give you a good idea of what
      the work involves. If you are interested in doing this contact Andrew or Steph or Bex.

      Yes, the length of the OR queue goes up and down. ORs seem to come in waves, which do not always coincide with peak
      Editor spare time! :-)

      > I checked the BGT Bylaws, but I couldn't find anything specifically for OR
      > Editors, just Test Monitor requirements.
      The requirements are carefully concealed under a rock on a mountain top somewhere ... :-)
      Most of them can be inferred from the requirements spelt out for ORs and Test Reports. But since there are only a few
      Editors it did not seem necessary to list them out in the ByLaws yet. Once someone has been a Test Monitor for a while
      it gets pretty obvious.

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin