Owner Review MSR Sweetwater Water Filter - Josh Moffi

  • jmoffi_ca
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 18, 2007
      MSR Sweetwater Water Filter
      Owner Review

      Name: Josh Moffi
      Age: 35
      Gender: Male
      Height: 180 cm (5 ft, 11 in)
      Weight: 95 kg (210 lb)
      Shoe Size: US 11
      Email address: joshmoffi AT gmail DOT com
      City, State, Country: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
      Date: January 07, 2007

      Backpacking Background

      I have been backpacking since I was 3 years old, owned my first pack
      at the age of 4, my fist tent at 9. I have backpacked in various
      locations New York, Vermont, Ontario, Michigan, Oregon and Alaska.
      Once I introduced my wife to backpacking, we expanded our activities
      to anything that gets us out into the woods. I usually carry the
      heaviest pack in any party I hike with. I have recently started
      getting rid of some excessive weight from my pack. I am expanding my
      range of activities by to include winter backpacking and camping.

      Product Information

      Manufacturer: Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
      Year of manufacture: 1995
      List Filtering Rate: 1.25 liters/min (1.32 quarts/min)
      MSRP: $64.95

      Field Information

      The filter was used on camping trips in the Algoma highlands, Northern
      Ontario, Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and the Kenai Peninsula of
      Alaska. The filter has been used in a variety of locations through
      out the Boreal forests of Ontario and Michigan. This has resulted in
      the filter being used in water that ranged from clear lake water, to
      silty streams, to slightly tannic creeks. These trips have ranged from
      day trips to weeklong trips. The filter was also used during an April
      trip in Alaska. This saw the filter used at colder temperatures in
      fairly clear mountain streams. The filter has been used from the
      temperatures ranged from 0o C (32o F) to 28o C (82o F). Regardless of
      the conditions the filter always preformed perfectly.

      Product Review
      The filter is simple and compact. It is available in white or olive
      drab, which looks more like black. The handle crosses over the top of
      the filter when in use and the handle is round and comfortable when
      pumping. The handle swings over the top of the filter body and is
      pinned into the top of the pump shaft, which means it folds out of the
      way for compact storage. The hoses and silt filter are also compact
      and lightweight. The filter comes with a stuff sack that allows the
      filter to be packed on its own and easy to find in one's large trail
      pack. The filter once assembled is a durable unit, which is well
      designed and functional.

      This filter was purchased in 1995. But these filters are still widely
      available; the only change that has been made is a change in the
      colour of the filter housing. It was purchased for two major reasons:
      A) The type of organisms that the filter removed; and B) usability.
      Cost was a minor concern, but the price of these filters has come way
      down compared to what they originally cost. With the current cost of
      these filters there is no reason that every backpacking party should
      not be carrying a filter.

      When looking to buy a water filter I realized from using other
      people's filters and from gear reviews that one of the major issues
      was the ease of pumping when filtering water. Many filters have the
      pump handle on top of the body and pump straight down. This filter has
      the handle offset allowing mechanical leverage to decrease the amount
      of force needed to pump the filter. This means that the filter can be
      used for an extended period without fatigue. I have used this filter
      on weekend trips where there were six adults in the party. This ease
      of pumping means that one person could pump all of the water that the
      party needed at a given time without tiring.

      The filter comes with a wire mesh silt filter that is weighted so it
      will sink when one is pumping water. There is a foam float that can be
      clipped onto the hose to keep the silt filter off the bottom of the
      water source. This set up works well to keep the filter intake in a
      location to minimize the intake of sediments. When using the filter
      in locations with fine sediments and shallow water one had to pump a
      little slower if the intake is just below the water surface. With the
      design of the pump handle it is not a problem, one can work the pump
      at a variety of rates without a lot of effort.

      The filter includes a universal lid adaptor, which works great with
      large mouth water bottles, but does not work well with small mouth
      Nalgene® bottles. With small mouth bottles one can simply slip the
      output hose into the bottle. The hoses are colour coded to make it
      easy to keep track of which is the intake hose versus the output hose.
      This ensures that the hoses will not be used in reverse positions,
      thus possibly contaminating the filtered water.

      I have never figured out how many liters a minute I can pump, but when
      sitting staring out over a pristine lake do I really care if it takes
      five minutes or ten minutes to pump water? As previously stated, the
      handle makes the filter easy to pump water without tiring.

      Summary
      This filter is an easy to use water treatment method. It is very
      compact and stores well within the storage bag that is included with
      the filter. MSR has done a very good job of producing a filter, which
      is excellent for backpacking and still small enough to take on day hikes.
    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 19, 2007
        --- PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL IN FULL. IT IS MOST IMPORTANT!

        reviews before submission.

        Moderator.

        will use APPROVED in the subject line.

        the list or contact me directly.

        Edit Administration Manager
      • rayestrella1
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 24, 2007
          Hi Josh,

          Nice review for number two. Your edits will follow. After changing
          them you can put your HTML in the OR test folder and let me know
          where it is. Since this is your second review why don't you try to
          put a photo or two in it? Also repost here.

          Ray

          EDIT: must be changed

          ***MSR Sweetwater Water Filter
          ***Manufacturer: Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
          ***Year of manufacture: 1995

          EDIT: Josh if your filter was made in 1995 that means that it is a
          SweetWater Guardian Microfilter. SweetWater was bought by Cascade
          Designs in 1998 where they just added their name before "SweetWater
          Guardian". In 2001 Cascade Designs bought MSR and changed it
          to "SweetWater Microfilter", putting it under the MSR name. As the
          filter has never stopped production this review is fine, but you
          should tell what unit you have, and that all manufacturer supplied
          data is for the current MSR version. Feel free to use my data. (Note
          the proper spelling of the name.)

          ***Listed weight: 11 oz

          EDIT: we need the weight from you too.

          ***The filter has been used from the temperatures ranged from 0o C
          (32o F) to 28o C (82o F).

          EDIT: can you just put 0 C (32 F) instead of trying to use "o" for a
          degree mark?

          ***The handle swings over the top of the filter body and is pinned
          into the top of the pump shaft, which means it folds out of the way
          for compact storage.

          EDIT: I know what you mean as I have used the Sweetwater many times.
          But as most readers may not have, why don't you explain what you are
          talking about with the "pinned to the top" remark. This is where a
          picture helps immensely. You can tell how the pin pops out of the
          side supports and the handle to let the handle fold and when engaged
          acts as the fulcrum point for the pumping action.

          ***With the current cost of these filters there is no reason that
          every backpacking party should not be carrying a filter.

          EDIT: this is projection. You don't know other people's reasons for
          doing or not doing something. Keep it in your perpective.

          ***When using the filter in locations with fine sediments and shallow
          water one had to pump a little slower if the intake is just below the
          water surface. With the
          design of the pump handle it is not a problem, one can work the pump
          at a variety of rates without a lot of effort.

          EDIT: can you rewrite this to take out all of the "one can"s. We will
          let tthat slide once in a while but this is too much and is turning
          into projection. Use "I" and "me". This is your review, about your
          use of the filter. Not some mysterious one. You will need to have the
          first person style down to test and write about the gear we pass out.

          ***The filter includes a universal lid adaptor, which works great with
          large mouth water bottles, but does not work well with small mouth
          Nalgene® bottles.

          EDIT: you may need to say that your model does not work with them.
          The Cascade Designs and newer MSR models have a lid that fits wide
          nalgene, small Nalgene and pop-bottle/platypus. I can send a picture
          if you want.
        • jmoffi_ca
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 25, 2007
            Hey Ray

            Thank you for once again doing my edits. I corrected everything you
            asked for. Are you sure about the lid adaptor? I do not want to
            provide any miss information in my review. I looked into replacing the
            adaptor a few times only to find out that they had not actually
            changed the design. I have also added in a few more things and
            included a not before the review to tell you want they are.

            The URL is
            http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/OR%20-%20MSR%20Sweetwater%20Water%20Filter%20-%20Josh%20Moffi/

            Let me know if you see anything else.

            Josh

            EDIT: we need the weight from you too.

            -Added

            EDIT: can you just put 0 C (32 F) instead of trying to use "o" for a
            degree mark?

            -Fixed

            ***The handle swings over the top of the filter body and is pinned
            into the top of the pump shaft, which means it folds out of the way
            for compact storage.

            EDIT: I know what you mean as I have used the Sweetwater many times.
            But as most readers may not have, why don't you explain what you are
            talking about with the "pinned to the top" remark. This is where a
            picture helps immensely. You can tell how the pin pops out of the
            side supports and the handle to let the handle fold and when engaged
            acts as the fulcrum point for the pumping action.

            - I had not added in the photos, which I had intended on using. I have
            now done that in the HTML version. If it is acceptable I will make a
            habit of posting the HTML version when I submit the review to the list
            and include the URL.

            ***With the current cost of these filters there is no reason that
            every backpacking party should not be carrying a filter.

            EDIT: this is projection. You don't know other people's reasons for
            doing or not doing something. Keep it in your perpective.

            -Removed entirely, meant to do it before it was originally submitted,
            oops.

            ***When using the filter in locations with fine sediments and shallow
            water one had to pump a little slower if the intake is just below the
            water surface. With the
            design of the pump handle it is not a problem, one can work the pump
            at a variety of rates without a lot of effort.

            EDIT: can you rewrite this to take out all of the "one can"s. We will
            let tthat slide once in a while but this is too much and is turning
            into projection. Use "I" and "me". This is your review, about your
            use of the filter. Not some mysterious one. You will need to have the
            first person style down to test and write about the gear we pass out.

            -First `one can' should have been a `one has' now changed to `I have to'
            Also added in `This maximizes water intake and minimized the amount of
            silt or air which gets sucked into the filter.' As an explanation of
            what happens if one pumps faster, does this work Ray?

            ***The filter includes a universal lid adaptor, which works great with
            large mouth water bottles, but does not work well with small mouth
            Nalgene® bottles.

            EDIT: you may need to say that your model does not work with them.
            The Cascade Designs and newer MSR models have a lid that fits wide
            nalgene, small Nalgene and pop-bottle/platypus. I can send a picture
            if you want.

            -redid this paragraph. How does it sound? Can you confirm that MSR has
            indeed changed the lid adaptor? If this is the case I may save the 4
            small mouth Nalgenes that I am about to throw out. There is no such
            thing as too many Nalgenes, is there?

            I also added the following to the last paragraph of the Product Review
            section: "The way this pump is made it can be taken apart and
            cleaned while in the field. When pumping becomes hard, or the pump
            vents water out the over pressure vent, just unscrew the pump and use
            the cleaning brush to scrub out the inside of the cartridge. The over
            pressure vent means that the user must watch how they set up the
            filter when pinning the handle into the pump. The filter squirts water
            quite a distance and I have gotten sprayed while filtering water. I
            only got wet a couple times before I started paying attention to how I
            set the handle and the pump up. I think that this is well worth being
            able to clean the pump in the field. I have noticed a big difference
            in how easy the filter works before and after cleaning. "

            I also added the following to the last paragraph of the Product Review
            section: "The fact that the filter can be cleaned in the field
            makes filtering water much more efficient."

            Date: January 07, 2007

            Backpacking Background
            I have been backpacking since I was 3 years old, owned my first pack
            at the age of 4, my fist tent at 9. I have backpacked in various
            locations New York, Vermont, Ontario, Michigan, Oregon and Alaska.
            Once I introduced my wife to backpacking, we expanded our activities
            to anything that gets us out into the woods. I usually carry the
            heaviest pack in any party I hike with. I have recently started
            getting rid of some excessive weight from my pack. I am expanding my
            range of activities by to include winter backpacking and camping.

            Product Information

            Manufacturer: Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
            Year of manufacture: 1995
            List Filtering Rate: 1.25 liters/min (1.32 quarts/min)
            MSRP: $64.95

            Field Information

            The filter was used on camping trips in the Algoma highlands, Northern
            Ontario, Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and the Kenai Peninsula of
            Alaska. The filter has been used in a variety of locations through
            out the Boreal forests of Ontario and Michigan. This has resulted in
            the filter being used in water that ranged from clear lake water, to
            silty streams, to slightly tannic creeks. These trips have ranged from
            day trips to weeklong trips. The filter was also used during an April
            trip in Alaska. This saw the filter used at colder temperatures in
            fairly clear mountain streams. The filter has been used from the
            temperatures ranged from 0 C (32 F) to 28 C (82 F). Regardless of the
            conditions the filter always preformed perfectly.

            Product Review
            The filter is simple and compact. It is available in white or olive
            drab, which looks more like black. The handle of the filter is pinned
            to the top of the pump to form a lever to make pumping easier and
            according to the manufacturer's website this set up has a 4 to 1
            mechanical advantage over having a straight line pump. The handle is
            rounded for comfort. The hoses and silt filter are also compact and
[...]
            in locations with fine sediments and shallow water I have to pump a
            little slower if the intake is just below the water surface. This
            maximizes water intake and minimized the amount of silt or air which
            gets sucked into the filter. With the design of the pump handle it is
            not a problem to work the pump at a variety of rates without a lot of
            effort.
            The filter includes a water bottle adaptor, to hold the output hose on
            the water bottle and free up both hands for pumping. The original
            adaptors did not work with small mouth Nalgene® bottles. But the new
            models have an adaptor which fits not only small mouth Nalgene®
            bottles, but large mouth Nalgene® as well as the lid size for pop
            bottles and Platypus containers. With small mouth bottles one can
[...]
            filter works before and after cleaning. I have never figured out how
            many liters a minute I can pump, but when sitting staring out over a
            pristine lake do I really care if it takes five minutes or ten minutes
            to pump water? As previously stated, the handle makes the filter easy
            to pump water without tiring.
            Summary
            This filter is an easy to use water treatment method. It is very
            compact and stores well within the storage bag that is included with
            the filter. The fact that the filter can be cleaned in the field makes
            filtering water much more efficient. MSR has done a very good job of
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 29, 2007
              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "jmoffi_ca" <joshmoffi@...>
              wrote:

              > Hey Ray
              >
              > Thank you for once again doing my edits. I corrected everything you
              > asked for. Are you sure about the lid adaptor? I do not want to
              > provide any miss information in my review. I looked into replacing the
              > adaptor a few times only to find out that they had not actually
              > changed the design.

              Hi Josh,

              I just got back late last night.

              Yes I am sure as I have one here. (Hence the remark that I could send a
              photo if you want.)

              I will get to your HTML today.

              Ray
            • rayestrella1
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 29, 2007
                <rayestrella@...> wrote:
                > Hi Josh,
                >
                > I just got back late last night.
                >
                > Yes I am sure as I have one here. (Hence the remark that I could
                send a
                > photo if you want.)
                >
                > I will get to your HTML today.

                Hey Josh,

                Correction. The lid you have is the multi-bottle adapter, and you are
                right it won't fit the small opening Nalgene. (I just tried it.) It
                will fit the large and the pop bottle or Platypus containers.

                Sorry about that.

                You still need to address the fact that the review is of a SweetWater
                Guardian which is now made and sold by MSR. The model you have is not
                an MSR SweetWater. I can ask what they want you to call it if you
                would rather not make the change. They may let it stand, your call.

                Also the spelling of the name needs to be Sweetwater. This is how the
                original manufacturer and MSR spell it. And they both call it a
                microfilter. It is sold today by MSR as the SweetWater Microfilter,
                and your review needs to use the same spelling.

                Ray
              • jmoffi_ca
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 30, 2007
                  Hi Ray

                  Do I get all the 'intresting' problems? To complicate matters the
                  filter is procuded under TWO makes and models, the MSR version and the
                  original Cascade Designs version. I have seen the original packaging
                  coming up more and more. The Cascade Designs label is back on the
                  original style of packaging. I have searched and searched, I can not
                  find any website which has information on the Cascade Designs version,
                  not even the Cascade Designs homepage, it just gives a link to MSR. I
                  was under the understanding that Cascade Designs had gone bankrupt and
                  been taken over by MSR. Yet from the look of the webpages they may
                  have rearranged the company structure so that MSR is a sub-sompany of
                  Cascade Designs.

                  The URL for Cascade Designs is: http://www.cascadedesigns.com/
                  Incase you want to have a look.

                  I have emailed their support people about the question and will let
                  you know what they have to say.

                  I will also re-edit that part about the lid adaptor. I am glad that
                  your does not fit. :) I was looking at some down state on Sunday and
                  could not figure out how you had one that fit the small mouth Nalgene
                  but I could not find one.

                  The store also had a BUNCH of the Casdade Design filters and only two
                  of the MSR version. Hopefully the support people will have some
                  answers. The question is what happens if they do not? Should I state
                  that mine is a Cascade Designs filter and that the filter is currently
                  being sold under Cascade Designs and MSR with the only difference
                  being the color?

                  Josh

                  <rayestrella@...> wrote:

                  > Hey Josh,
                  >
                  > Correction. The lid you have is the multi-bottle adapter, and you
                  >are right it won't fit the small opening Nalgene. (I just tried it.)
                  >It will fit the large and the pop bottle or Platypus containers.
                  >
                  > Sorry about that.
                  >
                  > You still need to address the fact that the review is of a
                  >SweetWater Guardian which is now made and sold by MSR. The model you
                  >have is not an MSR SweetWater. I can ask what they want you to call
                  >it if you would rather not make the change. They may let it stand,
                  >your call.
                  >
                  > Also the spelling of the name needs to be Sweetwater. This is how
                  > the original manufacturer and MSR spell it. And they both call it a
                  > microfilter. It is sold today by MSR as the SweetWater Microfilter,
                  > and your review needs to use the same spelling.
                  >
                  > Ray

                • rayestrella1
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 30, 2007
                    wrote:

                    > Hi Ray
                    >
                    > Do I get all the 'intresting' problems?

                    Hey Josh,

                    Yours is the original SweetWater brand, it was called the SweetWater
                    Guardian Microfilter. Cascade designs bought it, then merged/bought
                    MSR and started putting it under the MSR brand. I sent a break down
                    of the companies and years all this took place with the original
                    edits. I think you should say that it is an original SweetWater
                    Guardian Microfilter, which is still made under the name MSR
                    SweetWater Microfilter. (The Guardian was dropped with the switch to
                    MSR on the label. The one in my gear room says Cascade Designs
                    SweetWater Guardian Microfilter.)

                    That is the fun of older gear reviews, huh?

                    Ray
                  • jmoffi_ca
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 31, 2007
                      Hi Ray

                      Here is my revised OR. I have added a new opening paragraph to the
                      product review section. I also changed the lid adaptor part, so that
                      it now reads that small Nalgenes can not be used. I would love to
                      track down a new lid adaptor to see if they have changed that at all. :)

                      I suspect that you have an older model as well. After getting an email
                      back from Cascade Designs they tell me that the filters that I have
                      been seeing must be old stock, pre-2004. I am amazed that REI would
                      hold stock that long, but who knows. I think I am going to have to
                      pick up a replacement cartridge so that I can keep the all white
                      filter going for a few more years. :) I was also told that the olive
                      models are not avaliable to the general public, but I know I have seen
                      the for sale on the web.

                      What do you want me to do with the manufacture's URL?? Should I leave
                      it as MSR?

                      I have reposted it, the URL is:
                      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/OR%20-%20SweetWater%20Guardian%20Microfilter%20%20-%20Josh%20Moffi/

                      Thank you for all the help,
                      Josh

                      > Hey Josh,
                      >
                      > Yours is the original SweetWater brand, it was called the SweetWater
                      > Guardian Microfilter. Cascade designs bought it, then merged/bought
                      > MSR and started putting it under the MSR brand. I sent a break down
                      > of the companies and years all this took place with the original
                      > edits. I think you should say that it is an original SweetWater
                      > Guardian Microfilter, which is still made under the name MSR
                      > SweetWater Microfilter. (The Guardian was dropped with the switch to
                      > MSR on the label. The one in my gear room says Cascade Designs
                      > SweetWater Guardian Microfilter.)
                      >
                      > That is the fun of older gear reviews, huh?
                      >
                      > Ray

                      SweetWater Guardian Microfilter Water Filter

                      Date: January 07, 2007

                      Backpacking Background
                      I have been backpacking since I was 3 years old, owned my first pack
                      at the age of 4, my fist tent at 9. I have backpacked in various
                      locations New York, Vermont, Ontario, Michigan, Oregon and Alaska.
                      Once I introduced my wife to backpacking, we expanded our activities
                      to anything that gets us out into the woods. I usually carry the
                      heaviest pack in any party I hike with. I have recently started
                      getting rid of some excessive weight from my pack. I am expanding my
                      range of activities by to include winter backpacking and camping.

                      Product Information

                      Manufacturer: Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
                      Year of manufacture: 1995
                      List Filtering Rate: 1.25 liters/min (1.32 quarts/min)
                      MSRP: $64.95

                      Field Information

                      The filter was used on camping trips in the Algoma highlands, Northern
                      Ontario, Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and the Kenai Peninsula of
                      Alaska. The filter has been used in a variety of locations through
                      out the Boreal forests of Ontario and Michigan. This has resulted in
                      the filter being used in water that ranged from clear lake water, to
                      silty streams, to slightly tannic creeks. These trips have ranged from
                      day trips to weeklong trips. The filter was also used during an April
                      trip in Alaska. This saw the filter used at colder temperatures in
                      fairly clear mountain streams. The filter has been used from the
                      temperatures ranged from 0 C (32 F) to 28 C (82 F). Regardless of the
                      conditions the filter always preformed perfectly.

                      Product Review
                      This filter has been produced under a few differnt brand names since
                      the early 1990's. The model in this review is the original model, the
                      SweetWater Guardian Microfilter the and was purchased in 1995. In
                      1998 Cascade Designs bought SweetWater and renamed the filter with
                      their name infront of it. In 2004 Cascade Designs bought MSR and once
                      again renamed the filter, to the SweetWater Microfilter, which is the
                      model that is now being produced. In 2004 the color of the pump was
                      changed to black, and the pump shaft was changed to a clear plastic.
                      It should be noted that there are also olive color models out there.
                      But these were produced as a custom order and according to a Cascade
                      Designs representitive are not avaliable to the general public. Other
                      than the chanes in color there have been no changes made to the filter
                      componnets, with the exception of the intake and output hoses, which
                      have been color coded to insure that they are not ued in the improper
                      spot.
                      The filter is simple and compact. The handle of the filter is pinned
[...]
                      the water bottle and free up both hands for pumping. But the adaptor
                      does not fit small mouth Nalgene® bottles. The adaptor works well with
                      large mouth Nalgene® as well as the lid size for pop bottles and
                      Platypus® containers do fit. With small mouth bottles one can simply
                      slip the output hose into the bottle. The hoses are now being made in
                      two different colours to make it easy to keep track of which is the
                      intake hose versus the output hose. This ensures that the hoses will
                      not be used in reverse positions, thus possibly contaminating the
                      filtered water. This is a smart improvement over the original filter
                      which had the exact same hose for both the intake and output.
[...]

                      filtering water much more efficient. SweetWater did a very good job
                      of producing a filter, which is excellent for backpacking and still
                      small enough to take on day hikes. This is evident as the filter is
                      still being produced with no changes.
                    • rayestrella1
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 31, 2007
                        Hi Josh,

                        Your review looks good. Let's run with it. I have just one edit I
                        found, then let's put it here;

                        http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Water%
                        20Treatment/Filters/SweetWater%20Guardian%20Filter/

                        That makes two! Congratulations. Time to get that Tester Agreement in.

                        Ray

                        ***Other than the chanes in color there have been no changes made to
                        the filter componnets,

                        EDIT: Other than the "changes" in color there have been no changes made
                        to the filter "components",
                      • Jerry Goller
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 3, 2007
                          Uh, not exactly. Cascade Designs is an umbrella company. They bought MSR a
                          few years ago. When Cascade Designs buys a company they keep the company's
                          original name.

                          Cascade Designs first company was Therm-a-Rest.

                          Jerry

                          reviews and tests on the planet.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 3, 2007
                            > Uh, not exactly. Cascade Designs is an umbrella company.

                            Well you could have fooled me. I can't find umbrellas anywhere on their
                            website.

                            Shane
                          • Andrew Priest
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 3, 2007
                              At 10:37 AM 1/02/2007, you wrote:

                              >What do you want me to do with the manufacture's URL?? Should I leave
                              >it as MSR?

                              Yes please.

                              Andrew, Sir
                            • Jerry Goller
                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 4, 2007
                                They are available for only a select few. Obviously, you don't qualify......
                                =oP

                                Jerry

                                reviews and tests on the planet.

                                > Uh, not exactly. Cascade Designs is an umbrella company.

                                Well you could have fooled me. I can't find umbrellas anywhere on their
                                website.

                                Shane

                                To read our reviews, please visit http://www.backpackgeartest.org/ Yahoo!
                                Groups Links