EDIT: Owners Review - Garrett - Montbell U.L. Super Stretch Down Hugger #5

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
      Hi Garrett,

      Really nice job on this one. It looks as if you have it in HTML
      already. You can go ahead and post it to the Owner Review Test
      Folder, and let me know when it is there. In the mean time here are
      the edits so far.

      Ray

      ***Height: 5'10" (1.78 m)

      EDIT: need a space between your numbers (5' 10")

      ***Backpacking Background:

      EDIT: can you try to tighten this up to 100 words or less please.

      ***Southbound on the Appalachian Trail

      EDIT: southbound (no cap)

      *Product Information <href>

      ***Manufacturer: Montbell

      Edit: according to the site it is MontBell America, Inc.

      ***Weight after approximately 120 uses: 1 lb 3.8 oz (561 g)

      Edit: this is not really a product spec. The listed and actual are
      helpful to people reading the review. The weight of it a year later
      could go in your observations if you think it important.

      ***Stuff size: 4.8" x 9.5" (12.2 cm x 24.1 cm)

      EDIT: What size is it actually stuffed?

      ***I have used this sleeping bag during four months hiking on the

      EDIT: during four months "of" hiking, or drop "during"

      ***One feature unique to Montbell sleeping bags is the use of
      horizontal elastic stitching creating a flexible mummy bag that is
      able to stretch around individual body types.

      EDIT: can you reword this to not say that they are unique? Sierra
      Designs had the Flex series in the early 2000's

      ***I made one critical mistake by covering my sleeping bag with a
      tarp

      Comment: been there, done that. Wet foot-box anyone?

      ***Using the same digital scale before and after the 120 uses, the SS
      #5 lost one
      tenth of an ounce (3 g), and I speculate this loss in weight to be
      down fill loss.

      Comment: after 120 uses and the fact that you say the bag smells of
      sweat, I would think that the bag would be retaining body oils which
      would add to offset weight loss.
    • gumbo_cole
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2007
        Ray,

        My owner review has been uploaded to the test folder.
        Thank you for editing it. Your attention to detail is incredible.

        Thanks again,
        Garrett

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 7, 2007
          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "gumbo_cole" <gumbo_cole@...>
          wrote:

          > Ray,
          >
          > My owner review has been uploaded to the test folder.
          > Thank you for editing it. Your attention to detail is incredible.

          Thank you Garrett. I can not find the review in the folders. Can you
          give me a link or file name?

          Ray
        • gumbo_cole
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 8, 2007
            I'm sorry Ray,

            http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/OR%
            20Montbell%20U.L.%20Down%20Hugger%20SS%205%20by%20Garrett%20Cole/

            I encountered an error while uploading it and just realized what
            happend tonight, there's the link to the review. The picture in the
            summary doesn't come up on my browser, if it doesn't open on yours,
            I'll just take out the picture all together.

            I hope I don't waste your time this time.
            Garrett

            <rayestrella@...> wrote:

            > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "gumbo_cole" <gumbo_cole@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Ray,
            > >
            > > My owner review has been uploaded to the test folder.
            > > Thank you for editing it. Your attention to detail is incredible.
            >

            > Thank you Garrett. I can not find the review in the folders. Can
            you
            > give me a link or file name?
            >
            > Ray

          • rayestrella1
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 9, 2007
              Hi Garrett,

              Your review looks pretty good with the exception of the last picture. I
              can't get it to show. And the manufacturer's URL needs to be clickable.
              Once you get it fixed (please check it in the test folder first) you
              can put the final version here;

              Reviews > Sleep Gear > Sleeping Bags > MontBell UL SS Down Hugger 5

              Or;

              http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Sleep%20Gear/Sleeping%
              20Bags/MontBell%20UL%20%20SS%20Down%20Hugger%205/

              Thanks,