Re: OWNER REVIEW - Light My Fire Spork

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2006
      Hi Rae,

      Is this a revised version of your original posting sent here Nov 24th?

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "raefrog47" <raefrog@...>
      wrote:

      > Name: Rae Goodman
      > Age: 24
      > Gender: Female
      > Height: 5' 2" (157 cm)
      > Weight: 155 lbs (71 kg)
      > Email: raefrog at hotmail dot com
      > Location: San Francisco
    • raefrog47
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 4, 2007
        Yes.
        -Rae

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@...> wrote:

        > Hi Rae,
        >
        > Is this a revised version of your original posting sent here Nov 24th?
        >

        > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "raefrog47" <raefrog@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Name: Rae Goodman
        > > Age: 24
        > > Gender: Female
        > > Height: 5' 2" (157 cm)
        > > Weight: 155 lbs (71 kg)
        > > Email: raefrog at hotmail dot com
        > > Location: San Francisco

      • Andrew Priest
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 4, 2007
          At 04:13 PM 4/01/2007, you wrote:
          >Yes.
          >-Rae

          Dear Rae

          Can you please in future, when re-submitting an Owner Review please
          put REVISED in the subject line of your re-submitted review, if you
          take this route or make any changes to your review BEFORE the review
          has been taken by an Edit Moderator and REPOST if you are reposting
          an edited copy of your Owner Review.

          This makes it much easier for the Editors and Jamie who has to manage
          the process.

          Thanks
          Andrew Priest
          Senior Edit Moderator
        • rayestrella1
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 21, 2007
            Hi Rae,

            Seeing as this is your second review I could not understand why I was
            seeing so many edits with the basics of the review. Upon pulling your
            first review I saw that Ted had all the same edits that I was getting
            ready to write up. It seems you wrote two reviews at the same time.
            (The date is a pretty good give-away.) Could you please put all of the
            work that Ted did and the experience you gained to good use and rewrite
            this to reflect it please?

            Repost here when it is fixed.

            Thank you,

            Raymond Estrella
          • raefrog47
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 2, 2007
              Hello,
              Are you looking at the first version, which I initially posted on Nov.
              24th, or the new version, which I reposted on Dec 27th, where I made
              the basic format edits, based on the comments Ted made on my first
              review? If you are looking at the repost, please let me know exactly
              where the problems are, as I thought I'd caught all of the basic
              format changes.
              In case you don't have it, here's a copy of the revised version, which
              I initially (re)posted on Dec 27th.
              -Rae

              OWNER REVIEW - Light My Fire Spork

              Name: Rae Goodman
              Age: 24
              Gender: Female
              Height: 5' 2" (157 cm)
              Weight: 155 lbs (71 kg)
              Email: raefrog at hotmail dot com
              Location: San Francisco

              Outdoors Background:
              I've been hiking since high school, starting on pieces of the AT. I've
              hiked, camped, and done overnight bicycling treks, primarily in and
              around California. I work in outdoors programming for ages 13-26, and
              have led trips for 1-50 people. So far, I'm a 3-season hiker, doing
              mostly easier hikes, since I'm often taking first-timers with me. I've
              never kept much track of my gear weight, since I've always been using
              borrowed gear and often carrying group gear. I'm currently planning an
              '08 AT thru-hike, and I'm trying out ultralight gear, researching and
              buying an item at a time.

              Product Information
              Product: Light My Fire Spork
              Year: 2006
              Website: http://www.light-my-fire.se/
              Weight (listed): 0.2 oz (5.7 g)
              Size: 6.6 x 1.5 inches (16.8 cm x 3.8 cm)
              Price: US $3
              Material: Polycarbonate
              Color: Green

              This is listed as a "spork" but it's not really. It's a two-ended
              utensil, with a fork on one end and a spoon on the other. The fork has
              a serrated "knife" edge on one side.

              I bought this the second I saw it in REI. I don't like sporks, since
              they aren't very good as either a spoon or a fork, but I also don't
              want to carry two separate utensils made of metal or heavier plastic.
              I've used this at home and out camping around CA, and I love it. It's
              practically weightless, durable, functional.

              Since it's two-ended, I'm holding onto the fork while using the spoon,
              or vice versa. So, I have to decide which utensil I want to use for a
              particular meal, or keep cleaning it between using each side, or just
              get my hands dirty. I don't mind just using one utensil per meal,
              especially since camping meals are usually pretty simple anyway.

              The polycarbonate is strong and slightly flexible. The tines of the
              fork are long enough to be useful in stabbing items or eating pasta,
              unlike sporks. And, unlike disposable plastic utensils, the tines
              don't break off or bend out of the way when I'm trying to stab
              something a bit tougher.

              I haven't found the serrated plastic "cutting" edge of the fork to be
              very useful. It's not sharp, so about all it might be good for would
              be cutting cheddar cheese or similar, but the non-blade edge of the
              fork works just as well for that. Neither the serrated or the smooth
              side of the fork would cut a tougher item like meat or hard cheese.
              Also, I always carry a knife when camping anyway, so it's not like I
              need the "blade." The serrated edge was rough on the edge of the mouth
              when eating the first few times, but I got used to opening a bit wider
              to avoid scaping the side of my mouth. It's not bad, unless I've
              already got a sore or chapped lips.

              The spoon end is large and deep enough that eating soup is easy. The
              bowl/ curve of the spoon is deeper than most camping spoons I've seen.
              And, unlike sporks, the depth of the bowl that's useable for soup
              isn't reduced by having notches for the spork "tines" cut into it.

              It claims to be heat resistant, which so far I've found to be mostly
              true. I've run it through the dishwasher and used it on hot pots
              without any trouble, and it's mostly been fine. It does have a small
              scorch mark on the back of the spoon and I'm not sure how it got
              there. (I suspect one of my housemates used it and left it leaning
              against the edge of a pot while something was cooking). But, it
              doesn't matter much and I keep using it.

              It's also nice that it's plastic and can be used on non-stick
              cookware. I usually use metal silverware and therefore can't use
              nonstick cookware without getting little bits of Teflon in my food.
              This spork is long enough to use in fairly deep containers, especially
              when using the fork end – holding onto the spoon end makes it easy to
              reach further down. I eat out of a ¾ L gladware plastic screw-top
              container that's about 3.5" in diameter by 6" deep. However, this
              isn't a "long handled spoon" like the Firelite 8.4" titanium spoon.

              Overall, I'd definitely recommend this "spork." It's function,
              lightweight, and durable. It's a great alternative to lousy sporks.
              The price is excellent, too.

              <rayestrella@...> wrote:

              > Hi Rae,
              >
              > Seeing as this is your second review I could not understand why I was
              > seeing so many edits with the basics of the review. Upon pulling your
              > first review I saw that Ted had all the same edits that I was getting
              > ready to write up. It seems you wrote two reviews at the same time.
              > (The date is a pretty good give-away.) Could you please put all of the
              > work that Ted did and the experience you gained to good use and rewrite
              > this to reflect it please?
              >
              > Repost here when it is fixed.
              >
              > Thank you,
              >
              > Raymond Estrella

            • rayestrella1
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 10, 2007
                Hello Rae,

                Thank you for your Owner Review, your initial edits will follow. They
                will take the following format;

                EDIT: must be changed

                When you have made the changes please repost here with REPOST added
                to the subject line.

                Please notice the form that the review should take in the "Examples",
                you may also wish to browse the reviews of other experienced members
                for example of the proper form.

                Ray

                EDIT: the date is needed.

                ***Location: San Francisco

                EDIT: we need the state and country too.

                ***Product Information

                EDIT: you need a "Manufacturer: name" spot in this

                ***Weight (listed): 0.2 oz (5.7 g)

                EDIT: the weight they list is 9 g and you need to weigh it yourself
                and state the actual weight too.

                ***Size: 6.6 x 1.5 inches (16.8 cm x 3.8 cm)

                EDIT: is this the actual dimensions? (Seems to be as it differs from
                the manufacturers numbers.) We need the listed and actual.

                ***Price: US $3

                EDIT: this line should be "MSRP:" and as the manufacturer does not
                list a price it should be N/A

                EDIT: You need a Field Data section. Please refer to the lessons for
                the information that is required for reviews.

                ***This is listed as a "spork" but it's not really. It's a two-ended
                utensil, with a fork on one end and a spoon on the other.

                EDIT: as that makes it a combined spoon and fork it is, as the
                manufacturer says, a "spork". You can say that it is not like
                the "traditional sporks" you are used to seeing.

                ***It's practically weightless, durable, functional.

                EDIT: It's practically weightless, durable, "and" functional.

                ***Neither the serrated or the smooth side of the fork would cut a
                tougher item like meat or hard cheese.

                EDIT: if you have not tried it, you can't say that it wont. That is
                projecting.

                ***I got used to opening a bit wider to avoid scaping the side of my
                mouth.

                EDIT: scraping

                ***I eat out of a ¾ L gladware plastic screw-top container that's
                about 3.5" in diameter by 6" deep. However, this isn't a "long
                handled spoon" like the Firelite 8.4" titanium spoon.

                EDITS: GladWare (note proper spelling) needs to be capitalized and
                all numbers need conversions.
              • raefrog47
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 22, 2007
                  Hi Ray,
                  Here's my edited review. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner - I get
                  the messages in digest format, and I think I must have just missed
                  your edit, since it comes to the list and not me directly.

                  A few responses to your comments -
                  The measurement discrepancies came from the conversions - The listed
                  measurements were the measurements that I obtained in inches, so they
                  differed when converted to cm. I changed it to the listed cm
                  measurement, with the conversion in inches.
                  Sorry about the date missing - there was some confusion with my last
                  owner review and I was told to delete the date, so I did so on this
                  one, too, at the time.

                  Thanks for the comments. I'll be more careful with my tenses in the
                  future.
                  -Rae

                  Name: Rae Goodman
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Female
                  Height: 5’ 2” (157 cm)
                  Weight: 155 lbs (71 kg)
                  Email: raefrog at hotmail dot com
                  Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
                  Date: February 18, 2007

                  Outdoors Background:
                  I’ve been hiking since high school, starting on pieces of the AT. I’ve
                  hiked, camped, and done overnight bicycling treks, primarily in and
                  around California. I work in outdoors programming for ages 13-26, and
                  have led trips for 1-50 people. So far, I’m a 3-season hiker, doing
                  mostly easier hikes, since I’m often taking first-timers with me. I’ve
                  never kept much track of my gear weight, since I’ve always been using
                  borrowed gear and often carrying group gear. I’m currently planning an
                  ’08 AT thru-hike, and I’m trying out ultralight gear, researching and
                  buying an item at a time.

                  Product Information
                  Manufacturer: Light My Fire
                  Product: Spork
                  Year: 2006
                  Website: http://www.light-my-fire.se/
                  Weight (listed): 0.32 oz (9 g)
                  Weight (measured): 0.35 (10g)
                  Size (listed): 6.6 x 1.5 inches (16.8 cm x 3.7 cm)
                  Size (measured): 6.6 x 1.5 inches (16.8 cm x 3.8 cm)
                  MSRP: N/A
                  Price: US $3 (at REI, Backpackinglight.com)
                  Material: Polycarbonate
                  Color: Green

                  This is listed as a “spork” but it’s not a traditional spork. Instead
                  of having a spoon with a few small teeth cut into it, it’s a two-ended
                  utensil, with a fork on one end and a spoon on the other. The fork has
                  a serrated “knife” edge on one side.

                  Field Information
                  Testing locations: Various, in southern California, northern
                  California, and Colorado. Trips ranged from day-hikes to multi-day
                  camping and backpacking trips. I also use this utensil extensively at
                  home, as one of my regular utensils on a daily basis.
                  Trips conditions â€" Northern CA â€" Rainy, 0-

                  Narrative:
[...]

                  very useful. It’s not sharp, so about all it’s good for is cutting
                  cheddar cheese or similar, but the non-blade edge of the fork works
                  just as well for that. Neither the serrated nor the smooth side of the
                  fork will cut a tougher item like meat or hard cheese. I’ve managed to
                  cut/ tear off bite-sized pieces of very cooked stew meat, with about
                  equal success with both sides of the fork. Also, I always carry a
                  knife when camping anyway, so it’s not like I need the “blade.” And,
                  it’s easier to have a second utensil when cutting something tough like
                  meat â€" one to hold it still and one to cut. The serrated edge of the
                  fork was rough on the edge of the mouth when eating the first few
                  times, but I got used to opening a bit wider to avoid scraping the
[...]

                  when using the fork end â€" holding onto the spoon end makes it easy to
                  reach further down. I eat out of a ¾ L GladWare plastic screw-top
                  container that’s about 3.5 inches (8.9 cm) in diameter by 6 inches (15
                  cm) deep. However, this isn’t a “long handled spoon” like the Firelite
                  8.4 inches (21 cm) titanium spoon.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 23, 2007
                    Hi Rae,

                    This is looking better. Still a few edits but once they are made
                    repost here. You can also put a HTML copy in the Owner Review test
                    folder. It is found at the end of the list of reviews on the main
                    page or here;

                    http://tinyurl.com/4mfwa

                    The free BGT Report Writer for HTML creation may be found here;

                    http://www.backpackgeartest.org/lesson.php?lesson=RR&page=1

                    Although by the messed up punctuation in your repost it looks like
                    you have the HTML already. Let me know when it is in the Test folder.

                    Ray

                    ***Location: San Francisco, CA, USA

                    EDIT: please spell out the state for the benefit of our international
                    readers.

                    ***Price: US $3 (at REI, Backpackinglight.com)

                    EDIT: we do not list retail prices, please delete this line

                    ***Field Information
                    Testing locations: Various, in southern California, northern
                    California, and Colorado. Trips ranged from day-hikes to multi-day
                    camping and backpacking trips. I also use this utensil extensively at
                    home, as one of my regular utensils on a daily basis.
                    Trips conditions â€" Northern CA â€" Rainy, 0-

                    EDIT: did you start writing this section and stop, forgetting to come
                    back to it?

                    *** I eat out of a ¾ L GladWare plastic screw-top container

                    EDIT: I eat out of a ¾ L "(¾ qt)" GladWare plastic screw-top
                    container… needs conversion as shown
                  • Elizabeth Davis
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 17, 2008
                      LIGHT MY FIRE SPORK

                      TESTER BIO
                      Name: Elizabeth Davis
                      Age: 18
                      Gender: Female
                      Height: 5' 4'' ( 1.63 meters)
                      Weight: 125 pounds (57 kilograms)
                      Email address: elizrd AT gmail DOT com
                      City, State, Country: Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
                      Date: December 28, 2007
                      Backpacking Background: I have been backpacking occasionally since I
                      was about eleven. During the last two years I have been hiking and
                      backpacking every chance I get. I hike about twice a month, and more
                      on holidays. I usually go on short backpacking trips of about
                      two/three days, but I would really like to stay out longer. I pack as
                      light as possible, but I am not really a "lightweight" backpacker. I
                      hike in Pisgah, Cherokee, Natahalah, and the Cumberlands, but mainly
                      the Smokies. The Smokies are extremely wet and fairly rugged in
                      places. Temperatures vary from 70 F (21.11 C) to some 0 F (0 C)
                      nights.

                      PRODUCT INFORMATION

                      Manufacturer: Light My Fire
                      Year of Manufacture: 2007
                      Manufacturer's Website: www.lightmyfire.com
                      MSRP: none listed
                      Weight: 7 grams (0.25 oz.)
                      Product Information: Avaliable in 15 colors, including metallic, the
                      spork is a polycarbonate spoon-knife-fork combo.

                      ( insert photo here, caption: "An
                      army of sporks!" )

                      FIELD LOCATION/REVIEW

                      I have used this spork on multiple backpacking trips in a variety of
                      temperatures. I have used it in Pisgah and in the Smokies, in rain,
                      snow, and sunshine. It has been used with a stainless steel pot and a
                      MSR Whisperlight white gas stove. I have also used it to eat lunch
                      from a plastic container during school.
                      This spork is lightweight, and sturdy. It is a useful length of 6.5
                      in. (16.5 cm). I have used it for soup, pasta (of both the spaghetti
                      and the shorter types), and to spread peanut butter and nutella. I
                      have found that I use the spoon end most often. The spoon end is
                      useful for soup and short pasta. The spoon is deep enough to hold a
                      bite of soup without it falling out. The fork end can be used for
                      spaghetti type pasta, though not as easily as regular silverware. The
                      tines of the fork are somewhat short and stubby, but they are still
                      able to pick up pieces of pasta. The knife is a serrated edge on the
                      outside of the tine of the fork. The knife is not terribly useful for
                      cutting tough objects because it is serrated. It can be used to cut
                      bread, but it is rather short, only about 0.75 in (1.91 cm). It can
                      also be used to cut small vegetables, such as carrots, though it is a
                      challenge. I find it easier to just carry a pocket knife to do any
                      cutting for my dinner. The knife can be used to spread peanute
                      butter-like substances, and in this case it is very useful because it
                      saves me having to clean gunk off of my pocket knife.
                      I especially appreciate the ease with which the spork can be cleaned.
                      The polycarbonate is smooth, and can be washed easily. I can even get
                      spaghetti sauce off without effort, and it does not leave residue.
                      The spork is very sturdy. I have not noticed any signs of wear. The
                      spork appears to be in like new condition. It is flexible, and I can
                      toss it in my backpack without fear of it breaking. The tines and
                      knife are not very sharp, so I do not have to worry about it
                      puncturing anything.

                      THINGS I LIKE

                      lightweight
                      easy to clean
                      sturdy
                      flexible

                      THINGS I DON'T LIKE

                      knife is not especially effective for cutting

                      SIGNATURE

                      elizrd AT gmail.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 20, 2008

                        reviews before submission.

                        Jenn K., the mentor coordinator, at (mentor (at)
                        backpackgeartest.org).

                        Moderator.

                        will use APPROVED in the subject line.

                        the list or contact me directly.

                        Edit Administration Manager
                      • André Corterier
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 9, 2008
                          > EDIT: OWNER REVIEW - Light My Fire Spork

                          Dear Elizabeth (or is there some short form you'd rather be called?),

                          this is your first edit for your first Owner Review.
                          Welcome to BackpackGearTest.org! I'm happy to see you've posted.
                          There's a bunch of things you can read about how these things work,
                          and judging by your report you've found (and read!) some of them
                          already. Excellent. If there's more you need to know or something you
                          don't understand, don't hesitate to ask. It is also always possible
                          to ask for a mentor. Just holler (well, better yet: Send an email to
                          that effect, entitled "Mentor Request" to this list, or better yet
                          to "mentor@...").

                          There tend to be a bunch of edits on a first review - I know mine had
                          a lot. Don't sweat it, a lot of it is just things we've developed
                          over the years at backpackgeartest.org that one needs to get used to.
                          It can be bothersome at first, but becomes easier with time. And it's
                          definitely worth it! (I was in your position almost exactly four
                          years ago.)

                          So, as per the Bylaws,
                          (http://www.backpackgeartest.org/lesson.php?lesson=Bylaws&page=0)
                          my edit will take the following form: "EDIT" indicates an issue which
                          requires changing - grammar, typo, or house rules like "projection",
                          which I will explain if necessary; "Edit" indicates something that
                          struck me as odd or off, and that you are requested to consider doing
                          something about, although the final call is yours; "Comment"
                          indicates I couldn't keep my mouth shut...
                          ;-)

                          > LIGHT MY FIRE SPORK
                          >
                          > TESTER BIO
                          > Name: Elizabeth Davis
                          > Age: 18
                          > Gender: Female
                          > Height: 5' 4'' ( 1.63 meters)

                          EDIT: That's 5 ft 4 in (1.63 m) -- please refer to the table at the
                          bottom of our conversion chart, which lists how we abbreviate:
                          http://www.backpackgeartest.org/convert.html

                          > Weight: 125 pounds (57 kilograms)

                          EDIT: ditto (125 lb / 57 kg)

                          > Email address: elizrd AT gmail DOT com
                          > City, State, Country: Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
                          > Date: December 28, 2007

                          EDIT: I know we're a bit behind with our editing queue, but not that
                          far behind, are we?
                          ;-)

                          > Backpacking Background:

                          EDIT: I deleted the exact spot, but you once give "0 C" as the
                          equivalent temperature of "0 F". "0 F" actually equals -18 C (I
                          assume you checked the "Temperature Difference" conversion rather
                          than the "Temperature" conversion by accident (that happens all the
                          time, even to veteran testers, and often the only one who notices is
                          bloody foreigners like myself).

                          > PRODUCT INFORMATION
                          >
                          > Manufacturer: Light My Fire
                          > Year of Manufacture: 2007
                          > Manufacturer's Website: www.lightmyfire.com
                          > MSRP: none listed
                          > Weight: 7 grams (0.25 oz.)
                          > Product Information: Avaliable in 15 colors, including metallic, the
                          > spork is a polycarbonate spoon-knife-fork combo.
                          >
                          > ( insert photo here,
                          caption: "An
                          > army of sporks!" )

                          Comment: This reads as though you've already downloaded the Report
                          Writer feature. Is that so? If so, it'll also produce an HTML file
                          for you to upload to the test folder at backpackgeartest.org.
                          If not - please create an HTML document of this report, and upload it
                          there. Should you have difficulties with this, please do not hesitate
                          to ask the friendly and knowledgeable folks at

                          > FIELD LOCATION/REVIEW
                          >
                          > I have used this spork on multiple backpacking trips in a
                          variety of
                          > temperatures.

                          EDIT: Not good enough. I realize listing every incidence an item was
                          used becomes impossible once it's been used long enough (not to
                          mention pointless), but giving a more concrete range of examples and
                          a ballpark figure for the number of meals eaten with it (three, a
                          dozen, dozens?) is necessary.

                          I have used it in Pisgah and in the Smokies, in rain,
                          > snow, and sunshine. It has been used with a stainless steel pot and
                          > MSR Whisperlight white gas stove. I have also used it to eat lunch
                          > from a plastic container during school.
                          > This spork is lightweight, and sturdy. It is a useful length
                          of 6.5
                          > in. (16.5 cm).

                          Edit: Is this the total length? or just the handle? measured from
                          where to where?

                          I have used it for soup, pasta (of both the spaghetti
                          > and the shorter types), and to spread peanut butter and nutella.

                          EDIT: as a proper name, that's spelled "Nutella" (capitalized).

                          > have found that I use the spoon end most often. The spoon end is
                          > useful for soup and short pasta. The spoon is deep enough to hold a
                          > bite of soup without it falling out. The fork end can be used for
                          > spaghetti type pasta, though not as easily as regular silverware.
                          The
                          > tines of the fork are somewhat short and stubby, but they are still
                          > able to pick up pieces of pasta. The knife is a serrated edge on the
                          > outside of the tine of the fork. The knife is not terribly useful
                          for
                          > cutting tough objects because it is serrated. It can be used to cut
                          > bread, but it is rather short, only about 0.75 in (1.91 cm). It can
                          > also be used to cut small vegetables, such as carrots, though it is
                          > challenge. I find it easier to just carry a pocket knife to do any
                          > cutting for my dinner. The knife can be used to spread peanute
                          > butter-like substances, and in this case it is very useful because
                          it
                          > saves me having to clean gunk off of my pocket knife.

                          EDIT: that "of" is redundant.

                          > I especially appreciate the ease with which the spork can be
                          cleaned.
                          > The polycarbonate is smooth, and can be washed easily. I can even
                          get
                          > spaghetti sauce off without effort, and it does not leave residue.
                          > The spork is very sturdy. I have not noticed any signs of
                          wear. The
                          > spork appears to be in like new condition. It is flexible, and I
                          can
                          > toss it in my backpack without fear of it breaking. The tines and
                          > knife are not very sharp, so I do not have to worry about it
                          > puncturing anything.
                          >
                          > THINGS I LIKE
                          >
                          > lightweight
                          > easy to clean
                          > sturdy
                          > flexible
                          >
                          > THINGS I DON'T LIKE
                          >
                          > knife is not especially effective for cutting
                          >
                          > SIGNATURE
                          >
                          > elizrd AT gmail.com

                          Wow, that is one of the best 1st drafts for a first Owner Review I
                          have ever seen. Do you perchance have a Mentor already?

                          While you go over the above remarks, please also consider:

                          Has the spork ever appeared brittle (if used below freezing), or
                          partially melted (if trying to spear something being deep-fried in
                          fat)? (The latter happened to me.) Are there things that you can't
                          get the fork's tines into that a metal fork would enter (some fresh
                          vegetables might come to mind). Do you use the knife part for
                          anything other than spreading something on bread, because it's faster
                          than taking out your pocket knife - like, say, cutting a slice of
                          bread in two, cutting pasta etc.?

                          Once you've done this, please repost to this list by replying to this
                          message with the word "REPOST" substituted for the word "EDIT" in the
                          header. Please also upload an HTML version to the test folder (with
                          your pictures), and include a shortlink (tinyurl or snipurl) with
                          your text post here.

                          That seems like a lot of things to do already, but you've come so far
                          already with your first Owner Review draft, that I'm sure you'll
                          manage. And again - if not, just ask! We do like to help.

                          André
                          OR Editor