Re: The Packa OR - Marie-Noëlle

  • reperes_pleinair
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006

      > As previously said, the under-arms zips are handy; but why do they
      > operate in opposite ways: one opens from forearm to mid-chest, but
      the
      > other one closes that way! I was forever looking for the zips tabs in
      > the wrong place.

      Hi Marie-Noëlle,

      Both zippers of my Packa operate same ways. Yours might be defective ?

      Michel Auger
      Montréal, QC
    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2006

        reviews before submission.

        Moderator.

        will use APPROVED in the subject line.

        the list or contact me directly.

        Edit Administration Manager
      • rayestrella1
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 7, 2006
          Hi Marie-Noëlle

          Thank you for your Owner Review, your initial edits will follow. They
          will take the following format;

          EDIT: must be changed

          I will post the edits now. When you get your stuff and update with
          the weights let me know here and I will check it out.

          Ray

          ***Height about 5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)

          Edit: why the "about"?

          ***MSRP ?

          EDIT: according to the web site it is $110.00

          ***The raglan sleeves are fitted with 1" (2.5 cm) wide elastic and
          velcro-type cuffs, and underarms zips for ventilation.

          EDIT: Velcro needs to be capitalized as it is a trademarked name.

          ***Putting on a rain poncho has always been seems to be a hard job,
          especially I usually backpack solo and am rather short,

          EDIT: especially "as" I usually backpack solo

          ***I used a lot the zips under the arms, to adjust the ventilation
          when

          Edit may read better as "I used the zips under the arms a lot to
          adjust the ventilation when…
        • Marie-Noëlle Augendre
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 10, 2006
            Hi Ray,

            I have taken care of the edits, and uploaded the updated version in
            the test folder at http://tinyurl.com/yl63oh
            Unfortunately, I haven't had time to take some pics and will be OOP
            most of the week. I'll take care of that ASAP, probably next week-end.

            Below a couple of answers to your mail.
            Thanks for helping,
            Marie-Noëlle

            2006/12/7, rayestrella1 <rayestrella@...>:
            > ***Height about 5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)
            >
            > Edit: why the "about"?

            ### 1.57 m is 5 ft and 1.8 in; how am I about to say that?

            > ***MSRP ?
            >
            > EDIT: according to the web site it is $110.00

            ### Sorry about that; I looked almost everywhere but didn't think to
            click on the Custom Packa link to get the price of the regular one!

            --
            Marie-Noëlle
            Wilderness Addict
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 10, 2006
              Hi Marie-Noëlle,

              You can just let me know when the final version is ready.

              > ### 1.57 m is 5 ft and 1.8 in; how am I about to say that?

              I would just say 5' 2", but you can leave it if you want to. It just
              hit me funny.

              > ### Sorry about that; I looked almost everywhere but didn't think to
              > click on the Custom Packa link to get the price of the regular one!

              No problem, it was a kinda busy site.

              Ray
            • Marie-Noëlle Augendre
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 10, 2006
                2006/12/10, rayestrella1 <rayestrella@...>:

                > Hi Marie-Noëlle,
                >
                > You can just let me know when the final version is ready.

                Will do.
                Thanks.

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 31, 2006
                  Hi Ray,

                  Sorry to have been so long, I kept forgetting to take these pictures.
                  Here it is at last, at
                  http://tinyurl.com/yl63oh

                  Thanks,
                  Marie-Noëlle

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 1, 2007
                    Hi Marie-Noëlle,

                    The pics look good. You can put the review here;

                    Reviews > Rain Gear > Jackets and Pants > The Packa > Owner Reviews

                    Or use this;

                    http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Rain%20Gear/Jackets%20and%
                    20Pants/The%20Packa/Owner%20Reviews/

                    Thanks,