Re: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Owner Review - Tacktikka Petzl Head Lamp

  • canoe21
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
      Hi Ray
      Sorry for putting my revue in the wrong place but I was having troubles trying to upload it for a revue and some how got in the wrong area
      I have tried to get back in to the review section to delete my OR but I can not find it to do so ,can you help correct this problem ,thanks .
      My canoe trips are to many places in Ontario,I do like to get out and explore a lot of different places ,Over the years I have canoed an the South fork of the Edisto River and Lynches River in South Carolina ,with many trips to most of Algonquin Park over the years,also Lady Evelyn Smootwater Provinicial Park in the Temagami area of Ontario along with Lake Superior Provincial Park I have canoed over a great deal of the Park and the Lake Anjigimi area ,often I will set up camp on one lake for a few days to explore and to fish the near by rivers and lakes .
      Regards
      Lawrence
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
        Hello Lawrence,

        We took care of the other post. Not to worry.

        Thank you for the repost of your review. I will get to the edits of
        what is here below. They will take the following format;

        EDIT: must be changed

        But once again I will ask you to please browse through the other
        headlamp reviews and test reports to get an idea of what we are
        looking for. Your description could use a lot more information. How
        long/short is the strap? How does it adjust for size? How many
        batteries does it use? What size? Is the body fixed, or can it be
        aimed down to illuminate the area in front of your feet? Is the beam
        adjustable? Is in what ways?

        The same goes for your Field Use. Does it feel comfortable? Ever
        fall in the water? Were the batteries hard to install? Have you ever
        had to hike with it? Read with it? Do you use the red lens? If so
        what did you think?

        When you have made the changes please repost here with REPOST added
        to the subject line. (Also you should put your name in it as I added
        to this one.)

        ***Tester Owners information

        EDIT: you are a reviewer, not a tester for this.

        ***Date Oct . 29,2006

        EDIT: October 29, 2006

        ***Height 5' 10" 1.78 m.

        EDIT: no period after your unit abbreviations "1.78 m" please change
        all instances.

        ***Weight 155 lbs. 70 kg.

        EDIT: no "s" in lb "155 lb (70 kg)"

        ***Personal biographical information

        EDIT: you need to shorten your bio to stay under the 100-word limit

        ***Petzl Tackikka Head Lamp

        EDIT: "Tactikka"

        ***Tactikka has a row of three Led Lamps

        EDIT: LED lamps

        ***Purchased for $39.94 [Canadian ] in March 2006 ]

        EDIT: you can list the MSRP if the manufacturer lists one, in this
        case they do not so it should be, MSRP: N/A

        ***Size 2 1/4"x1 1/4" {56x32 mm ]

        EDITS: Size "measured" so the readers know this is your measurement.
        Also you hit the wrong bracket, and a space between "x" and the
        numbers. [56 x 32 mm]

        ***Lamp Weight 1.48 oz. [42g ] from the web

        EDITS: no period after oz need a space before "g" and lose the one
        after it. [42 g]
        This also needs to be weighed by you with the result listed.

        ***Lamp and battery's 2.29 oz. [65 g ]from the web

        EDITS: "batteries" and same thing as above.

        ***Head strap 1" [ 24.4 mm ]

        EDIT: spacing, [24.4 mm]

        ***Light beam approximate 20' [6.10 m.]

        EDIT: 20' what? In diameter, in distance?

        ***The Tactikka is a well made compact head with

        EDIT: head "lamp"

        ***three Led's lamp

        EDIT: it is "three LED bulbs"

        ***with no bells or whistles except for the fold down lens

        Edit; well actually it does, you just have not mentioned them.

        ***that works well to save night vision,with a ratchet action to
        keep the lamp in one place

        EDIT: period after vision. Start a new sentence to talk about the
        ratcheting action. You should mention what the ratcheting action is
        for.

        ***along with a very comparable head strap .

        EDIT: comparable to what?

        ***Petzl says on there web page

        EDIT: "their" web page

        ***that batteries will last up to 120 hours I believe this to be
        true

        EDIT: period after hours

        ***as I used my lamp four 80 days and the led's are still bright on
        the same batteries .

        EDITS: as I used my lamp "for" 80 days and the LED's are still
        bright "with" the same "batteries".

        ***Weather conditions were from light snow , rain , fog with
        temperature's from
        around 30 f. [-1.10 c ] to over 95 f. [35 c ]

        EDITS: Fahrenheit and Celsius abbreviations are capitalized, C and F
        with no periods. And please fix spacing.

        ***I used my Tactikka for 80 days this year while camping in
        Northern Ontario on a daily bases

        EDIT: "basis"

        ***and traveling at night back to our camp through a wide range of
        conditions ,it gave me a lot of light making camping a lot more
        enjoyable liked the fold down red lens for traveling and getting in
        and out of my canoe and not loose my night vision .

        EDIT: please start a new sentence after "conditions,
        and "enjoyabale". Loose should be spelled "lose".

        ***The on off switch is very stiff and some times hard to turn on in
        the dark when
        I can not see it this is the only fault I could find with my
        Tactikka .

        EDIT: …when I can not see it. This is the only..
      • canoe21
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
          Thanks Again Ray
          I am leaving early in the AM for Halifax,Nova Scotia for two weeks approximately will edit when I return once again I thank you for all your patience with me as it seams I have a lot to learn .
          Regards
          Lawrence

          Bernadette & Laurie

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, canoe21 <canoe21@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Again Ray
            > I am leaving early in the AM for Halifax,Nova Scotia for
            two weeks approximately will edit when I return once again I thank
            you for all your patience with me as it seams I have a lot to learn .

            No problem that is what we are here for.

            Since you are leaving and do not want your review to get dropped
            from the queue, do this.

            Post a message here. In the subject line put "your name" OOP
            (meaning Out Of Pocket)and the date you will be back online.

            Example if I were going to be gone for two weeks I would write;

            Ray Estrella OOP until November 17th

            Then I would put the same line in the body of my message along with
            anything else I wanted to share. (I got invited to be the guest
            speaker at the Girl Scouts Alumni Reunion, see you guys in a couple
            weeks, or 5 to 10 years...)

            This will let them know that you are not ignoring the edit post.

            Have a great trip.