Re: CALL FOR OWNER REVIEWS - November

  • tennessee_treader
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
      Great! I just finished the hiking season with a new pair of REI Ultra
      Light Rain Pants and I am ready to write a review on them. I should
      have a draft for submittal later next week.
      TT

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest <apriest@...>
      wrote:

      > Dear Group
      >
      > This month's call is for items falling within the categories on
      > BackpackGearTest.org titled "Rain Gear." As with previous months,
      > folks who respond favourably to the monthly call and post an approved
      > Owner Review will get brownie points in the shoot-out for test calls
      > (assuming all other criteria are met). So if you want to enhance your
      > prospects for getting selected for a test call respond to this call
      > for Owner Reviews as soon as possible. All Owner Reviews should be
      > posted to the BackpackGearTest Yahoo! group.
      >
      > Using the BackpackGearTest.org website as a guide, the sort of things
      > we are talking about are:
      >
      > Gaiters
      > Jackets and Pants
      > Umbrellas
      >
      > If you have another item that you would like to review which you
      > think may be fit in one of these top level categories but is not
      > listed in the sub-categories, please ask if it is a go. Please just
      > keep in mind we are a backpacking gear site, so your review must be
      > relevant. If in doubt, please ask first.
      >
      > Even if there is a review on your item already in the files, post
      > another one! Like tests, a variety of reviews is the spice of life.
      >
      > The Edit Team is standing by.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Andrew Priest
      > Senior Edit Moderator

    • rayestrella1
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
        Do all gaiters fall into this catagory? Low, mid full on expedition?

        Ray
      • Andrew Priest
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2006
          At 03:03 AM 4/11/2006, you wrote:

          >Great! I just finished the hiking season with a new pair of REI Ultra
          >Light Rain Pants and I am ready to write a review on them. I should
          >have a draft for submittal later next week.

          Great to hear.

          Andrew
        • Andrew Priest
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2006
            At 10:15 AM 4/11/2006, you wrote:
            >Do all gaiters fall into this catagory? Low, mid full on expedition?

            I think I mentioned gaiters didn't I? ;-) I am sure your gaiter
            reviews will be acceptable Ray :-)

            Andrew
          • rayestrella1
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 6, 2006
              wrote:

              > At 10:15 AM 4/11/2006, you wrote:
              > >Do all gaiters fall into this catagory? Low, mid full on expedition?
              >
              > I think I mentioned gaiters didn't I? ;-) I am sure your gaiter
              > reviews will be acceptable Ray :-)

              Come to think of it you did, sir.

              Cool, I may try for a hat trick this month.