Re: Owner Review - Tacktikka Petzl Head Lamp

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@...> wrote:

      > Hi Lawrence,
      >
      > You have incorrectly uploaded your unedited review to the database
      > on BGT. It must be approved by an editor via this list before you
      > are allowed to do that. Please delete it and post a REVISED
      version
      > here so Ray can take a crack at your first round of edits (which
      he
      > will post here).

      Hi Lawrence,

      I had also asked you earlier the following;

      Another question that needs to be asked is, are your canoe trips to
      a set point (cabin or such) that you then stay three weeks at, or
      are you exploring the waterways for three weeks, like in the Boundry
      waters. As we test and review backpacking gear, which many canoeists
      use the latter scenario is much more conducive to our kind of
      testing. We want you to know that up front.

      This information is needed from you prior to going forward with your
      reviews.

      Thank you,

      Ray
    • canoe21
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
        Hi Ray
        Sorry for putting my revue in the wrong place but I was having troubles trying to upload it for a revue and some how got in the wrong area
        I have tried to get back in to the review section to delete my OR but I can not find it to do so ,can you help correct this problem ,thanks .
        My canoe trips are to many places in Ontario,I do like to get out and explore a lot of different places ,Over the years I have canoed an the South fork of the Edisto River and Lynches River in South Carolina ,with many trips to most of Algonquin Park over the years,also Lady Evelyn Smootwater Provinicial Park in the Temagami area of Ontario along with Lake Superior Provincial Park I have canoed over a great deal of the Park and the Lake Anjigimi area ,often I will set up camp on one lake for a few days to explore and to fish the near by rivers and lakes .
        Regards

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
          Hello Lawrence,

          We took care of the other post. Not to worry.

          Thank you for the repost of your review. I will get to the edits of
          what is here below. They will take the following format;

          EDIT: must be changed

          But once again I will ask you to please browse through the other
          headlamp reviews and test reports to get an idea of what we are
          looking for. Your description could use a lot more information. How
          long/short is the strap? How does it adjust for size? How many
          batteries does it use? What size? Is the body fixed, or can it be
          aimed down to illuminate the area in front of your feet? Is the beam
          adjustable? Is in what ways?

          The same goes for your Field Use. Does it feel comfortable? Ever
          fall in the water? Were the batteries hard to install? Have you ever
          had to hike with it? Read with it? Do you use the red lens? If so
          what did you think?

          When you have made the changes please repost here with REPOST added
          to the subject line. (Also you should put your name in it as I added
          to this one.)

          ***Tester Owners information

          EDIT: you are a reviewer, not a tester for this.

          ***Date Oct . 29,2006

          EDIT: October 29, 2006

          ***Height 5' 10" 1.78 m.

          EDIT: no period after your unit abbreviations "1.78 m" please change
          all instances.

          ***Weight 155 lbs. 70 kg.

          EDIT: no "s" in lb "155 lb (70 kg)"

          ***Personal biographical information

          EDIT: you need to shorten your bio to stay under the 100-word limit

          ***Petzl Tackikka Head Lamp

          EDIT: "Tactikka"

          ***Tactikka has a row of three Led Lamps

          EDIT: LED lamps

          ***Purchased for $39.94 [Canadian ] in March 2006 ]

          EDIT: you can list the MSRP if the manufacturer lists one, in this
          case they do not so it should be, MSRP: N/A

          ***Size 2 1/4"x1 1/4" {56x32 mm ]

          EDITS: Size "measured" so the readers know this is your measurement.
          Also you hit the wrong bracket, and a space between "x" and the
          numbers. [56 x 32 mm]

          ***Lamp Weight 1.48 oz. [42g ] from the web

          EDITS: no period after oz need a space before "g" and lose the one
          after it. [42 g]
          This also needs to be weighed by you with the result listed.

          ***Lamp and battery's 2.29 oz. [65 g ]from the web

          EDITS: "batteries" and same thing as above.

          ***Head strap 1" [ 24.4 mm ]

          EDIT: spacing, [24.4 mm]

          ***Light beam approximate 20' [6.10 m.]

          EDIT: 20' what? In diameter, in distance?

          ***The Tactikka is a well made compact head with

          EDIT: head "lamp"

          ***three Led's lamp

          EDIT: it is "three LED bulbs"

          ***with no bells or whistles except for the fold down lens

          Edit; well actually it does, you just have not mentioned them.

          ***that works well to save night vision,with a ratchet action to
          keep the lamp in one place

          EDIT: period after vision. Start a new sentence to talk about the
          ratcheting action. You should mention what the ratcheting action is
          for.

          ***along with a very comparable head strap .

          EDIT: comparable to what?

          ***Petzl says on there web page

          EDIT: "their" web page

          ***that batteries will last up to 120 hours I believe this to be
          true

          EDIT: period after hours

          ***as I used my lamp four 80 days and the led's are still bright on
          the same batteries .

          EDITS: as I used my lamp "for" 80 days and the LED's are still
          bright "with" the same "batteries".

          ***Weather conditions were from light snow , rain , fog with
          temperature's from
          around 30 f. [-1.10 c ] to over 95 f. [35 c ]

          EDITS: Fahrenheit and Celsius abbreviations are capitalized, C and F
          with no periods. And please fix spacing.

          ***I used my Tactikka for 80 days this year while camping in
          Northern Ontario on a daily bases

          EDIT: "basis"

          ***and traveling at night back to our camp through a wide range of
          conditions ,it gave me a lot of light making camping a lot more
          enjoyable liked the fold down red lens for traveling and getting in
          and out of my canoe and not loose my night vision .

          EDIT: please start a new sentence after "conditions,
          and "enjoyabale". Loose should be spelled "lose".

          ***The on off switch is very stiff and some times hard to turn on in
          the dark when
          I can not see it this is the only fault I could find with my
          Tactikka .

          EDIT: …when I can not see it. This is the only..
        • canoe21
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
            Thanks Again Ray
            I am leaving early in the AM for Halifax,Nova Scotia for two weeks approximately will edit when I return once again I thank you for all your patience with me as it seams I have a lot to learn .
            Regards
            Lawrence

            Bernadette & Laurie

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, canoe21 <canoe21@...> wrote:

              > Thanks Again Ray
              > I am leaving early in the AM for Halifax,Nova Scotia for
              two weeks approximately will edit when I return once again I thank
              you for all your patience with me as it seams I have a lot to learn .

              No problem that is what we are here for.

              Since you are leaving and do not want your review to get dropped
              from the queue, do this.

              Post a message here. In the subject line put "your name" OOP
              (meaning Out Of Pocket)and the date you will be back online.

              Example if I were going to be gone for two weeks I would write;

              Ray Estrella OOP until November 17th

              Then I would put the same line in the body of my message along with
              anything else I wanted to share. (I got invited to be the guest
              speaker at the Girl Scouts Alumni Reunion, see you guys in a couple
              weeks, or 5 to 10 years...)

              This will let them know that you are not ignoring the edit post.

              Have a great trip.