Re: Owner Review - Tacktikka Petzl Head Lamp

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
      Hi Lawrence,

      You have incorrectly uploaded your unedited review to the database
      on BGT. It must be approved by an editor via this list before you
      are allowed to do that. Please delete it and post a REVISED version
      here so Ray can take a crack at your first round of edits (which he
      will post here).

      Currently your OR is in limbo in the OR Queue until you post a
      REVISED version.

      Thank you,
      Jamie D.
      Edit Admin Manager

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Lawrence A. Dalrymple"
      <canoe21@...> wrote:
      > Hi Ray
      >
      > I reposted my owner report on the Petzl Tactikka Led Head Lamp a
      couple
      > of days ago and was wondering if you had a chance to go over it ,I
      see
      > it listed under Lighting and thought you had to edit it first ,I
      am not
      > trying to rush you in any way I am just curious that's all .
      >
      > Sad to hear that the weather was cold on your weekend outing the
      cold
      > seams to put a damper on things when you are expecting it .
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Lawrence

    • rayestrella1
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@...> wrote:

        > Hi Lawrence,
        >
        > You have incorrectly uploaded your unedited review to the database
        > on BGT. It must be approved by an editor via this list before you
        > are allowed to do that. Please delete it and post a REVISED
        version
        > here so Ray can take a crack at your first round of edits (which
        he
        > will post here).

        Hi Lawrence,

        I had also asked you earlier the following;

        Another question that needs to be asked is, are your canoe trips to
        a set point (cabin or such) that you then stay three weeks at, or
        are you exploring the waterways for three weeks, like in the Boundry
        waters. As we test and review backpacking gear, which many canoeists
        use the latter scenario is much more conducive to our kind of
        testing. We want you to know that up front.

        This information is needed from you prior to going forward with your
        reviews.

        Thank you,

        Ray
      • canoe21
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
          Hi Ray
          Sorry for putting my revue in the wrong place but I was having troubles trying to upload it for a revue and some how got in the wrong area
          I have tried to get back in to the review section to delete my OR but I can not find it to do so ,can you help correct this problem ,thanks .
          My canoe trips are to many places in Ontario,I do like to get out and explore a lot of different places ,Over the years I have canoed an the South fork of the Edisto River and Lynches River in South Carolina ,with many trips to most of Algonquin Park over the years,also Lady Evelyn Smootwater Provinicial Park in the Temagami area of Ontario along with Lake Superior Provincial Park I have canoed over a great deal of the Park and the Lake Anjigimi area ,often I will set up camp on one lake for a few days to explore and to fish the near by rivers and lakes .

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
            Hello Lawrence,

            We took care of the other post. Not to worry.

            Thank you for the repost of your review. I will get to the edits of
            what is here below. They will take the following format;

            EDIT: must be changed

            But once again I will ask you to please browse through the other
            headlamp reviews and test reports to get an idea of what we are
            looking for. Your description could use a lot more information. How
            long/short is the strap? How does it adjust for size? How many
            batteries does it use? What size? Is the body fixed, or can it be
            aimed down to illuminate the area in front of your feet? Is the beam
            adjustable? Is in what ways?

            The same goes for your Field Use. Does it feel comfortable? Ever
            fall in the water? Were the batteries hard to install? Have you ever
            had to hike with it? Read with it? Do you use the red lens? If so
            what did you think?

            When you have made the changes please repost here with REPOST added
            to the subject line. (Also you should put your name in it as I added
            to this one.)

            ***Tester Owners information

            EDIT: you are a reviewer, not a tester for this.

            ***Date Oct . 29,2006

            EDIT: October 29, 2006

            ***Height 5' 10" 1.78 m.

            EDIT: no period after your unit abbreviations "1.78 m" please change
            all instances.

            ***Weight 155 lbs. 70 kg.

            EDIT: no "s" in lb "155 lb (70 kg)"

            ***Personal biographical information

            EDIT: you need to shorten your bio to stay under the 100-word limit

            ***Petzl Tackikka Head Lamp

            EDIT: "Tactikka"

            ***Tactikka has a row of three Led Lamps

            EDIT: LED lamps

            ***Purchased for $39.94 [Canadian ] in March 2006 ]

            EDIT: you can list the MSRP if the manufacturer lists one, in this
            case they do not so it should be, MSRP: N/A

            ***Size 2 1/4"x1 1/4" {56x32 mm ]

            EDITS: Size "measured" so the readers know this is your measurement.
            Also you hit the wrong bracket, and a space between "x" and the
            numbers. [56 x 32 mm]

            ***Lamp Weight 1.48 oz. [42g ] from the web

            EDITS: no period after oz need a space before "g" and lose the one
            after it. [42 g]
            This also needs to be weighed by you with the result listed.

            ***Lamp and battery's 2.29 oz. [65 g ]from the web

            EDITS: "batteries" and same thing as above.

            ***Head strap 1" [ 24.4 mm ]

            EDIT: spacing, [24.4 mm]

            ***Light beam approximate 20' [6.10 m.]

            EDIT: 20' what? In diameter, in distance?

            ***The Tactikka is a well made compact head with

            EDIT: head "lamp"

            ***three Led's lamp

            EDIT: it is "three LED bulbs"

            ***with no bells or whistles except for the fold down lens

            Edit; well actually it does, you just have not mentioned them.

            ***that works well to save night vision,with a ratchet action to
            keep the lamp in one place

            EDIT: period after vision. Start a new sentence to talk about the
            ratcheting action. You should mention what the ratcheting action is
            for.

            ***along with a very comparable head strap .

            EDIT: comparable to what?

            ***Petzl says on there web page

            EDIT: "their" web page

            ***that batteries will last up to 120 hours I believe this to be
            true

            EDIT: period after hours

            ***as I used my lamp four 80 days and the led's are still bright on
            the same batteries .

            EDITS: as I used my lamp "for" 80 days and the LED's are still
            bright "with" the same "batteries".

            ***Weather conditions were from light snow , rain , fog with
            temperature's from
            around 30 f. [-1.10 c ] to over 95 f. [35 c ]

            EDITS: Fahrenheit and Celsius abbreviations are capitalized, C and F
            with no periods. And please fix spacing.

            ***I used my Tactikka for 80 days this year while camping in
            Northern Ontario on a daily bases

            EDIT: "basis"

            ***and traveling at night back to our camp through a wide range of
            conditions ,it gave me a lot of light making camping a lot more
            enjoyable liked the fold down red lens for traveling and getting in
            and out of my canoe and not loose my night vision .

            EDIT: please start a new sentence after "conditions,
            and "enjoyabale". Loose should be spelled "lose".

            ***The on off switch is very stiff and some times hard to turn on in
            the dark when
            I can not see it this is the only fault I could find with my
            Tactikka .

            EDIT: …when I can not see it. This is the only..
          • canoe21
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
              Thanks Again Ray
              I am leaving early in the AM for Halifax,Nova Scotia for two weeks approximately will edit when I return once again I thank you for all your patience with me as it seams I have a lot to learn .
              Regards
              Lawrence

              Bernadette & Laurie

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
                --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, canoe21 <canoe21@...> wrote:

                > Thanks Again Ray
                > I am leaving early in the AM for Halifax,Nova Scotia for
                two weeks approximately will edit when I return once again I thank
                you for all your patience with me as it seams I have a lot to learn .

                No problem that is what we are here for.

                Since you are leaving and do not want your review to get dropped
                from the queue, do this.

                Post a message here. In the subject line put "your name" OOP
                (meaning Out Of Pocket)and the date you will be back online.

                Example if I were going to be gone for two weeks I would write;

                Ray Estrella OOP until November 17th

                Then I would put the same line in the body of my message along with
                anything else I wanted to share. (I got invited to be the guest
                speaker at the Girl Scouts Alumni Reunion, see you guys in a couple
                weeks, or 5 to 10 years...)

                This will let them know that you are not ignoring the edit post.

                Have a great trip.