CALL FOR OWNER REVIEWS - November

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
      Dear Group

      This month's call is for items falling within the categories on
      BackpackGearTest.org titled "Rain Gear." As with previous months,
      folks who respond favourably to the monthly call and post an approved
      Owner Review will get brownie points in the shoot-out for test calls
      (assuming all other criteria are met). So if you want to enhance your
      prospects for getting selected for a test call respond to this call
      for Owner Reviews as soon as possible. All Owner Reviews should be
      posted to the BackpackGearTest Yahoo! group.

      Using the BackpackGearTest.org website as a guide, the sort of things
      we are talking about are:

      Gaiters
      Jackets and Pants
      Umbrellas

      If you have another item that you would like to review which you
      think may be fit in one of these top level categories but is not
      listed in the sub-categories, please ask if it is a go. Please just
      keep in mind we are a backpacking gear site, so your review must be
      relevant. If in doubt, please ask first.

      Even if there is a review on your item already in the files, post
      another one! Like tests, a variety of reviews is the spice of life.

      The Edit Team is standing by.

      Thanks
      Andrew Priest
      Senior Edit Moderator
    • tennessee_treader
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
        Great! I just finished the hiking season with a new pair of REI Ultra
        Light Rain Pants and I am ready to write a review on them. I should
        have a draft for submittal later next week.
        TT

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest <apriest@...>
        wrote:

        > Dear Group
        >
        > This month's call is for items falling within the categories on
        > BackpackGearTest.org titled "Rain Gear." As with previous months,
        > folks who respond favourably to the monthly call and post an approved
        > Owner Review will get brownie points in the shoot-out for test calls
        > (assuming all other criteria are met). So if you want to enhance your
        > prospects for getting selected for a test call respond to this call
        > for Owner Reviews as soon as possible. All Owner Reviews should be
        > posted to the BackpackGearTest Yahoo! group.
        >
        > Using the BackpackGearTest.org website as a guide, the sort of things
        > we are talking about are:
        >
        > Gaiters
        > Jackets and Pants
        > Umbrellas
        >
        > If you have another item that you would like to review which you
        > think may be fit in one of these top level categories but is not
        > listed in the sub-categories, please ask if it is a go. Please just
        > keep in mind we are a backpacking gear site, so your review must be
        > relevant. If in doubt, please ask first.
        >
        > Even if there is a review on your item already in the files, post
        > another one! Like tests, a variety of reviews is the spice of life.
        >
        > The Edit Team is standing by.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Andrew Priest
        > Senior Edit Moderator

      • rayestrella1
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
          Do all gaiters fall into this catagory? Low, mid full on expedition?

          Ray
        • Andrew Priest
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2006
            At 03:03 AM 4/11/2006, you wrote:

            >Great! I just finished the hiking season with a new pair of REI Ultra
            >Light Rain Pants and I am ready to write a review on them. I should
            >have a draft for submittal later next week.

            Great to hear.

            Andrew
          • Andrew Priest
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 6, 2006
              At 10:15 AM 4/11/2006, you wrote:
              >Do all gaiters fall into this catagory? Low, mid full on expedition?

              I think I mentioned gaiters didn't I? ;-) I am sure your gaiter
              reviews will be acceptable Ray :-)

              Andrew
            • rayestrella1
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 6, 2006
                wrote:

                > At 10:15 AM 4/11/2006, you wrote:
                > >Do all gaiters fall into this catagory? Low, mid full on expedition?
                >
                > I think I mentioned gaiters didn't I? ;-) I am sure your gaiter
                > reviews will be acceptable Ray :-)

                Come to think of it you did, sir.

                Cool, I may try for a hat trick this month.