Ear Warmers

  • Gear Tester
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 2, 2001
      You can see them at www.arctic180s.com .
    • Larry Hillberg
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 2, 2001
        You can see them at www.arctic180s.com .

        I own two pairs of these.  They can be shortened, lengthened and twisted to fit perfectly.  I get earaches even in warm weather when there is any wind blowing and I always felt foolish wearing the old type earmuffs in the spring/summer/fall.  These earmuffs are perfect.  The band fits around the back of my neck under my hairline and my hair can be worn to cover my ears and the muffs don't show at all.  When I don't need them I wrap them around my arm.  One pair actually stays with my jacket - the grip keeps them attached to the sleeve even when the jacket is hanging in the closet.  The other pair stay in the car just in case.  I have had them for years and they don't show any wear at all.

        BTW I wasn't able to see a product description on the website so I am only assuming that my muffs are the same style.
      • Larry Hillberg
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 2, 2001

          You can see them at www.arctic180s.com .

          It's working now.  I only got the background picture this morning.
        • Gear Tester
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 2, 2001
            We just "snuck" off to Moab and got married....lol. One of my best friends ran down from Seattle to be a witness. We both agreed it was a lot more fun than a wedding. We're going to do a "social" one in Vegas or here (SLC) this summer when everyone can attend and it can be fun and not stressful. You're still in the pot. May be a wedding present...lol.
            Jerry
          • Amy Friends
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 2, 2001
              Jerry, I should back out unless you want some city testing - I see you have
              plenty of volunteers for ear warmers. My fiance and I just settled on a date
              for our wedding that both the church and the priest were available for. May
              19th will come pretty quick so I can't guarantee I'll be out as much as I
              intended... everyone tells me I have more work to do than I realize (we were
              just engaged January 13th)! Especially since after that the Navy sends us
              somewhere...

              But I'll keep track and volunteer later in the season! :-)

              Sandpiper

              --
              Where you've been is dead and gone
              all you keep's the getting there.

            • Jack Voss
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 3, 2001
                "We just "snuck" off to Moab and got married....LOL. ...Jerry"

                Gee, Maybe he could test the ear warmers now! ;-)

                Kayak Jack
                Doing what you like is FREEDOM
                Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
              • Gear Tester
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 8, 2001
                  We still have two slots for reviewers of the Arctic 180 ear warmers.......
                  Jerry
                • Mara Factor
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 8, 2001
                    Hi Jerry,

                    I would be happy to test the ear warmers and submit all the required
                    reports. I'll be doing plenty of hiking, some skiing, and plenty of just
                    living in the northeast where they would get a good workout.

                    Mara

                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 8, 2001
                      Gear Tester wrote:

                      > We still have two slots for reviewers of the Arctic 180
                      > ear warmers.......Jerry

                      It might seem somewhat silly for a San Diegan to want to
                      test ear warmers. But it was a dang cold 39 degrees in my
                      yard this morning, and for a desert dweller those kind of
                      temps are painful. Just the windblast from my car windows
                      makes my ears hurt. There's snow in our hills (okay, so
                      it's measured in inches and not in feet), but I'll normally
                      wear a fleece headband to keep my ears from aching. I also
                      use ear protection when I sleep at altitude. I don't care
                      to, the head band has a tendency to slide down around my
                      eyes,over my nose, across my mouth, and eventually ends up
                      throttling me.

                      The ear warmers could be a solution to my needs. Please put
                      me in the hopper with the other volunteers. I agree to the
                      tests and reports as described.

                      Jeff Eckert
                      (Eckert)
                    • artcloutmn@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 8, 2001
                        In a message dated 2/8/01 12:13:35 PM, geartester@... writes:

                        << We still have two slots for reviewers of the Arctic 180 ear warmers... >>

                        Jerry,
                        I will be skiing every weekend in New England until mid April. I run the
                        Outing Club for the High School where I teach mathematics. We hike, ski,
                        canoe, backpack, etc. I should be able to test the ear warmers personally
                        and have some of my students experience them. I will also be spending a week
                        skiing in Breckenridge Colorado from Feb 16-23. I certainly would be able to
                        offer a variety of conditions for testing the Ear Warmers in the next few
                        winter weeks ahead.

                        Art
                      • Amy Friends
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 8, 2001
                          >We just "snuck" off to Moab and got married....lol. One of my best friends
                          >ran down from Seattle to be a witness. We both agreed it was a lot more fun
                          >than a wedding. We're going to do a "social" one in Vegas or here (SLC)
                          >this summer when everyone can attend and it can be fun and not stressful.
                          >You're still in the pot. May be a wedding present...lol.

                          :-) Jerry - I didn't realize you were so ercentkly married. That's cool!
                          My family would probably understand if we snuck off, but since we both want
                          a church wedding, we might as well invite them! :-) Then, since they're all
                          from out of town, we have to have the party to make it more worth the
                          trip... but we are keeping it as SIMPLE as possible, no frou frou stuff, no
                          money dances etc....

                          Thanks keeping me in the pot! We will get out for at least one long weekend
                          before the wedding or we'll go mad.

                          Sandpiper
                        • Michael Tocci
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 8, 2001
                            Hi Jerry...I would like to test the knife...but if you have slots open and need testers I would be happy to test.  I am interested in the crampons and I just came back from a xc trip to white face mt.  there is ice and snow all over the peaks...if it holds out for another six weeks I think I could give the crampons a good workout..anything I can do to help let me know, I think what you are doing is just great and I am at your disposal>  Mike
                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 8, 2001
                              Hi Jerry,

                              If you still need anyone for the ear warmers I'm your guy. We're getting
                              round of ice storms as I write, and I'm sick of freezing my ears off (among
                              other things). I live in Kansas and the wind here is ferocious, so I don't
                              doubt this would be a good testing site.
                            • j j
                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 9, 2001
                                Hi Jerry,

                                It's still very cold in New York. I'd like to review the Ear Warmers.
                                My ears get very cold and I've not found anything that keeps them "toasty
                                warm".

                                Thanks.

                                Jess

                                >From: "Gear Tester" <geartester@...>
                                >To: <BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com>
                                >Subject: [BackpackGearTest] Ear Warmers
                                >Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:09:34 -0700
                                >From sentto-2146263-839-981652263-newyorkgal71 Thu Feb 08 09:17:28 2001
                                >
                                >We still have two slots for reviewers of the Arctic 180 ear warmers.......
                                >Jerry

                              • Gear Tester
                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 15, 2001
                                  It has been pointed out to me, by the people that really know, that the product we will be reviewing is called Arctic 180s. I never said I knew how to spell. Darn spell checkers. The call has gone out to the selected reviewers asking for their shipping addresses. Except for Laura Moss who wisely and optimistically included hers with her application. The selected reviewers will be posted when I get all the addresses.
                                  Jerry