Re: Owner Review- Garmin Geko 301-Ralph Ditton

  • edwardripleyduggan
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2006
      Heh. Idle, eh? Next time we need a new editor, watch out Ralph! <g>

      Best,

      Ted.

      > It has been a few months since I submitted an OR for the group and
      seeing
      > that Ray has gone quiet you must be a bit idle.

    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2006

        reviews before submission.

        Moderator.

        will use APPROVED in the subject line.

        the list or contact me directly.

        Edit Administration Manager
      • rayestrella1
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2006
          EDIT/Approval: Owner Review- Garmin Geko 301-Ralph Ditton

          Hi Ralph,

          Nice looking review. Your HTML looks and works great, your edits
          will follow. They will take the following format;

          EDIT: must be changed

          When you have made the changes you may place it in its new home here
          (after making sure it is good in the test folder again please);

          http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Navigation%20and%20Map%
          20Gear/GPS/Garmin%20Geko%20301/

          Ray

          ***Dimensions: L 100 mm x B 48 mm x D 24 mm (3.9 in x 1.9 in x 0.96
          in).
          ***Weight (incl. batteries): 96 g (3.4 oz).
          ***Battery life: 9 hours with alkaline batteries.

          EDIT: are these the listed numbers? If so what are your verified
          numbers?

          ***MSRP: USD$246-41

          EDIT: USD $246.41

          *** Eg. If I wanted to enter the name

          EDIT: E.g.

          ***When the unit is locking onto satellites it displays an accuracy
          status which I have noted can start out as far as 27 m (88.5 ft).
          The more satellites it locks onto, the accuracy gets better. The
          most common accuracy status I obtain is the 5 m (16.4 ft). The best
          to date has been 2 m (6.5 ft) and that was when I had strong locks
          on all 12 satellites.

          EDIT: extra spaces at "start out" and "had strong"

          accuracy of signal

          ***I have about 10 minutes power left using Alkaline batteries.

          EDIT: alkaline, (no cap)

          ***but if I do not act quickly enough I have to start all over
          again.

          EDIT: extra space before I

          ***the earth rotates in the time span between going and coming.

          EDIT: extra space at "the time"

          ***I am walking in and a manual compass in case all of my batteries
          fail.

          EDIT: extra space at "in case"

          ***It has been known for my son to swap his flat batteries for my
          fresh ones and leave me the flat ones without telling me.

          Comment: niceĀ…

          ***The Garmin Geko 301 is an excellent unit to learn on because

          Edit: to avoid projection maybe say "for me to learn on"
        • Ralph Ditton
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2006
            Hello Ray,

            Thank you for the edits.

            I do not know how I managed to have a spacing problem. Must be double
            spacing for some reason, one for luck maybe.

            Looked fine in the test folder so I have uploaded into its home.

            Cheers

            Ralph

            _____

            <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Navigation%20and%20Map%25>