Re: APPROVAL: : Owner Review - L.L. Bean Gore-Tex Mountain Treadsw-

  • edwardripleyduggan
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 29, 2006
      Adam,

      A couple of notes. For your reference, the best thing I've found for
      unravelled shoelaces (if they are, as most are, synthetics), is to
      "flame-whip" the ends. I do the same with many kinds of cord. I'll
      quickly melt the end of the lace with a flame, then roll it between
      thumb and forefinger, having wetted my fingers first, which prevents
      any sensation of heat (basically, the fire-walking trick).

      Or, you can put the melted end of the cord/shoelace on a flat surface
      and roll it with a small piece of wood or similar material. The
      result, at least on most laces, is a smooth, fused tip, perfect for
      lacing. It doesn't unravel. This is just FYI, not in connection with
      the review.

      A late correction (and if you don't get this in time, don't worry
      about it). In your bio, you use lbs as an abbreviation rather than lb,
      which we prefer. I missed that. No big deal, but for future reference
      stick with lb.

      Best,

      Ted.