Re: Owner Review: Backpacking Light Titanium Esbit Wing Stove - Colleen Porter

  • Emma Eyeball
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26, 2006
      <erd@...> wrote:

      > ### COMMENT: "fickle and stubborn" is fun. This isn't an editorial
      > comment, but I was wondering how you light them--match? I use a
      > Brunton Helios lighter and I've never had a problem, but then I think

      i adore REI's stormproof matches, and i use them for this. i'll have
      to look into the lighter, but i'm a little paranoid about lighters
      after having one fail on me at a very bad time.

      > > use Esbit tabs. It's simple, extremely light (although the leftover
      > > Esbit residue will add a few grams)
      >
      > ### COMMENT: that much, do you think?

      LOL, i actually re-checked the weight today and it's LOWER now, by
      0.02 oz. i'm going to scratch that bit.

      > ### COMMENT: You didn't do a Pro/Con with your summary. I'm not sure
      > if this is actually obligatory, but it has become a de facto standard.

      i don't believe it is required, but i'll double-check that on the main
      site. i'll take a glance at some of the recent ORs and see what i can
      do. want me to re-post? i want to get a pic of the stove, anyhow.
      thanks.

      -colleen
    • edwardripleyduggan
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 2006
        Thanks, Colleen. I see the end of a sentence from my comment got
        chopped somehow, so we will never will know what it was I was going to
        write (I've forgotten, so it can't have been important).

        I always carry waterproof-windproof matches as a backup to my Brunton,
        and there's generally a regular lighter in my waterproof TP bag.
        Redundancy is good, where light and fire are concerned.

        The Pro/Con business is not mentioned that I can see in the new
        By-Laws, but it is at

        http://tinyurl.com/rcn4d

        However, it seems to me that if your summary brings out those points,
        the Pro/Con is redundant.

        Repost to Test by all means if you want to check out your layout, but
        I don't need to see it. You have the green light!

        Best,

        Ted.
      • Emma Eyeball
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2006
          Ted, the OR is uploaded with photos. thanks for editing it for me.

          -colleen