Re: [BackpackGearTest] EDIT: OR - CamelBak StowAway - Mike Lipay

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 4, 2006
      OK, corrected the its issue as well.

      Mike

      On Aug 31, 2006, at 6:43 PM, rayestrella1 wrote:

      > EDIT: OR - CamelBak StowAway - Mike Lipay
      >
      > Hi Mike,
      >
      > You may want to take a look at your HTML. I am viewing it on two
      > computers and the "Review" section on both is crowded into a tiny
      > column on the left. Give me a yell when you change it and I will
      > take another look.
      >
      > Your edits follow,
      >
      > Ray
      >
      > ***Fits CamelBak-compatible packs perfectly! Our StoAway slips
      > easily into the hydration pocket of your backcountry pack, or use
      > the convenient D-Rings to strap it anywhere. And, external access to
      > the OMEGA fillport makes the StoAway a breeze to fill, keeping you
      > out enjoying the snow longer.
      >
      > EDIT: Since you are obviously quoting the manufacturer you should
      > say that somewhere. If those are your words you have a lot of
      > projection going on. :-)
      >
      > ***Most people are familiar with bladders, or hydration packs, these
      > days:
      >
      > EDIT: now you really are projecting, I bet even together you and I
      > don't know most peopleā€¦ Can you reword this?
      >

      > ***These light-weight wonders have all but replaces the age-old
      > canteens.
      >
      > EDIT: replaced
      >

      > ***However, unlike the canteens they replace, bladders (and their
      > contents) suffer from exposure to the elements
      >
      > Comment: canteens and bottles being steel, aluminum and later
      > plastic were effected by the elements also. Hence the insulated
      > covers made for them.
      >

      > ***my local outfitter had its usual sale,
      >
      > EDIT: its
      >

      > ***I spotted the CamelBak StoAway with the other hydration packs and
      > read its hang tag.
      >
      > EDIT: its
      >

      > ***Even my Ster-pen was difficult to use,
      >
      > EDIT: SteriPEN
      >

      > ***This is definately a bottle made more for chemical purification
      > than
      >
      > EDIT: definitely

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • rayestrella1
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 4, 2006
        Hi Mike,

        I just got back I town.

        Thanks for taking care of the edits.

        For some reason the table that you have your section titled Review is
        squashed to the side. All of your other section tables are fine. Maybe
        I can have someone else look at it to see if it is just my two
        computers.

        Does it layout right for you?

        Ray
      • Mike
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
          I think it has to do with how wide your browser is, the words should
          wrap to the left of the photo until they reach the bottom, then
          expand to fill the area under the photo. On my browser the first line
          reads "Bladders, or hydration packs, are not"

          Then the third paragraph expands under the photo and ends with the
          words "freezing, I couldn't"

          Mike

          On Sep 4, 2006, at 9:21 PM, rayestrella1 wrote:

          > Hi Mike,
          >
          > I just got back I town.
          >
          > Thanks for taking care of the edits.
          >
          > For some reason the table that you have your section titled Review is
          > squashed to the side. All of your other section tables are fine. Maybe
          > I can have someone else look at it to see if it is just my two
          > computers.
          >
          > Does it layout right for you?
          >
          > Ray

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • rayestrella1
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Mike <hiking@...> wrote:

            > I think it has to do with how wide your browser is, the words should
            > wrap to the left of the photo until they reach the bottom, then
            > expand to fill the area under the photo. On my browser the first
            line
            > reads "Bladders, or hydration packs, are not"

            If it looks OK to you go ahead and upload it. That one section is 1/3
            the width of the other sections to me. We will see if anyone else
            notices it after it is uploaded.

            You can put it here;

            http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Hydration%
            20Systems/Bladders/CamelBak%20StowAway/