Re: Retail Price Limit

  • geartester@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
      I didn't want to wait for this product until next year. The first run
      is sold out so this was the best I could do. I was in hopes that some
      PCT thrus would be willing to test them. If not, we'll take what
      testers can handle the time frame. Sorry.
      Jerry

      --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "Larry Hillberg" <hhloth@n...> wrote:
      > Jerry
      > We're always anxious to hear about and try new gear no matter what
      its cost. I think the problem is more likely the timetable for the
      reports. On the PCT in April most are thru hikers and don't reach
      the High Sierra much before June 1. Since the crampons won't be
      available for testing until at least April 1, and the selling season
      for winter gear ends before then, I think a better time to post some
      of the reviews would be in the fall/winter. That way even a
      thruhiker could contribute to the reviews when they returned home.
      Several hundred hikers start out each year on the PCT and might be
      interested in purchasing lightweight crampons. I know there is
      always lots of talk of crampons on the PCT list with Grivel seeming
      to be the hands down winner.
      > Helen
    • Gear Tester
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2001

        Patience, my child.... ;o). I'll do it later today. I'm still kicking the cold I picked up at the show. It'll be a couple of hours.

        Jerry

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2001