G'Day

  • wincomit@chariot.net.au
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2001
      G'day
      I'm new to this list.
      Born and bred in Oz.
      Majority of backpacking in Oz, but also in NZ,UK and Turkey
      First solo walk SW Tasmania when I was 9yo.
      Now semiretired, and time for walking.
      I'm looking forward to the reviews as much US equipment is now
      available in OZ. Not too sure if they are as appropriate for our
      conditions.
      Regards
      Bob
    • Jack Voss
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2001
        G'day, Mate.

        Welcome aboard from a mere peon. I'll expose my ignorance right up front. Where is OZ? Please, help me out here?

        Kayak Jack
        Doing what you like is FREEDOM
        Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
      • Gear Tester
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2001
          Ok..so I didn't put a period behind it....it, as you well know, is the abbreviation for ounce.......lol.
          Jerry

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2001
            Opps!...sorry Jack....just read the next message and figured it out.....Oz is Australia.....Welcome aboard, Mate.
            Jerry

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2001
              Welcome aboard, mate. I'm reasonably sure we can find someplace in the US that matches the conditions in the parts of Oz.....   ;o)
              Jerry

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2, 2001
                I think he was referring to the Aussie poster. "Aussie" is pronounced
                "ozzie" is Australia, and Australia is sometimes referred to as Oz.

                >From: "Gear Tester" <geartester@...>
                >To: <BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: Re: [BackpackGearTest] G'Day
                >Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:01:23 -0700
                >
                >Ok..so I didn't put a period behind it....it, as you well know, is the
                >abbreviation for ounce.......lol.
                >Jerry

              • Michael Tocci