re Repost- Montrail Hurricane Ridge XCR Trail Shoes- Ashlee

  • Roger Caffin
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2006
      Hi Ashlee

      > I am going to wait for your feedback on my questions (because I
      > know I will have to edit it again) before I upload a final report.
      OK. I'll try to give some answers here.
      They are relevant to any OR anyone is writing.

      > I have not included any pictures on the HTML version, as I am yet to
      > figure out how to make them work right. This is the reason I have
      > never included them on any of my previous reviews.
      The upload group can help, or you can email me direct and I can gve you the HTML code you need to put into the HTML
      file - with something like NotePad.

      > ### I am not sure what you mean by not knowing what kind of shoe they
      > are. The only thing I know to call them is 'Trail Shoes'. Could you
      > please elaborate on what you are looking for?
      Imagine you are talking to me on the phone and want to describe them so I understand what you are talking about.
      Are they high cut or low cut?
      Does the sole have big lugs or a fine pattern?
      Do the laces go through holes or through loops of tape?
      Is the tongue well padded or thin?
      What is the rand (around the edge) like?
      Can you see the EVA in the sole - if there is any?
      Is there any stiffening in the sole?
      How padded is the ankle region?
      What sort of outer fabric do they have? (Porous, leather, ...?)

      Build me a mental picture!

      For myself, I use two headings:
      Product Details: hard facts, usually from the manufacturer, with my measurements as well
      Product Description: a word picture of the item - more often my words rather than the vendor's marketing spin.

      > ### I pulled the features from the website which did not tell me much
      > at all either. I just went to the website again to see if I could
      > find more information. It states that the "products" portion is not
      > available due to upgrades until after September 8.
      Fair enough, but YOUR description is valuable - as above.

      > Note: I have been writing BGT reviews for almost three years now
      I know.

      > IMO, the functionality of the shoe is more important than the fancy
      > names the manufactures give the materials.
      Oh, believe me, I TOTALLY agree!

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin
      BGT Editor
    • Ashlee Gunter
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 9, 2006
        Thank you, Roger. Your comments clarified things quite a bit. I will
        work on the suggestions you gave and repost.

        Ashlee

        --
        "Only those who can see the invisible, can do the impossible."
      • Roger Caffin
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 10, 2006
          1b. Re: re Repost- Montrail Hurricane Ridge XCR Trail Shoes- Ashlee
          Posted by: "Ashlee Gunter" ashlee.gunter@... n8trlvr76
          Date: Wed Aug 9, 2006 5:25 pm (PDT)

          > Thank you, Roger. Your comments clarified things quite a bit. I will
          > work on the suggestions you gave and repost.

          Great. Glad to help.

          Cheers
          Roger Caffin
          BGT Editor
        • Ashlee Gunter
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 10, 2006
            > > Thank you, Roger. Your comments clarified things quite a bit. I will
            > > work on the suggestions you gave and repost.
            >

            > Great. Glad to help.

            Roger, I was hoping to get the review finalized tonight, but got tied
            up. I am leaving town for work tomorrow morning and won't be back
            until late Sunday night. I didn't want you to think I forgot about
            it.

            Ashlee
            --
            "Only those who can see the invisible, can do the impossible."