Re: Attention Andrew, Ray, Roger, Ted & Ralph - ORs in test folder

  • Karl
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 29, 2006
      Gday Ray,
      I am attempting to follow Jerry Goller's instructions when we
      communicated in BGTWeb YahooGroup. Can you please advise on your
      interpretation of his message as it relates to how we proceed with
      ORs currently online. Message copied below:

      "
      RE: [BGTWeb] Digest Number 1069

      Actually, we used to not require *any* pricing information as it was
      fairly
      time sensitive and depended wildly on where you bought it.

      I relented to the point of allowing MSRP, when known, so the reader
      would
      have some idea of what an item cost.

      I really don't know why I did that. I can't for the life of me
      imagine why
      that would be important. If an item that doesn't really satisfy you
      or do
      the job well is cheaper is that really a good buy?

      I only check the price of a item to see if I have the money to pay
      for it.
      It's cost usually just isn't in the decision making process for me.

      If you'd like, just for the sake of consistency, we could go back to
      no
      price listed at all.....

      We're not going to come up with a special set of rules for every area
      of the
      world. I've required metric conversions because we do have a very
      active
      foreign tester contingent in BGT. That is about as far as I'm willing
      to go.
      Few foreign manufacturers test with us. The ones that do are the ones
      trying
      to crack the US market. Most of them will list an MSRP. For the ones
      that
      don't we will continue with N/A for that item.

      Jerry
      "

      For a full view of the conversation, visit BGTweb messages in order
      as follows: 8149, 8152, 8153, 8154, 8159.
      I hope this helps. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
      In kind regard,
      Karl

      <rayestrella@...> wrote:

      > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Karl" <zkyf@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello all,
      > > Wasn't sure who to send this message to, since you all had a
      > > significant hand in helping me since my first OR. Andrew
      indicated
      > in
      > > BGTweb yahoogroup that all ORs to date needed to be corrected
      with
      > > the appropriate MSRP details, among some other small edits that
      > were
      > > copied throughout the series.
      > > Since I currently have 2 ORs (Crocs and Fox 40 Whistle) recently
      > > added to the list, under edit by different editors, and noone is
      > > assigned to the editing of my other 4 edits which will need to be
      > > reuploaded to BGT, I anticipated the easiest way to solve all my
      > > problems in this area simultaneously would be to broadcast the
      > issue
      > > to everyone involved and perhaps someone will volunteer to
      > coordinate
      > > the situation.
      > > I hope to hear from ?someone? soon :), preferably direct to my
      > email
      > > at zkyf@ if possible. Thankyou for your attention.
      > >
      > > Peace,
      > > Karl
      >
      > Hi Karl,
      >
      > Are you asking that your earlier Owner Reviews be deleted so that
      > you can upload new ones?
      >
      > Ray

    • Andrew Priest
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 29, 2006
        At 03:15 PM 29/07/2006, you wrote:
        >Gday Ray,
        >I am attempting to follow Jerry Goller's instructions when we
        >communicated in BGTWeb YahooGroup. Can you please advise on your
        >interpretation of his message as it relates to how we proceed with
        >ORs currently online. Message copied below:

        Hi Karl

        It is really simple. Either you have the manufacturer's MSRP from
        their website or you don't. Nothing more complicated than that.

        Conversions to other currencies, prices from retail sites or
        distributor sites or from other sources are not acceptable. If you
        don't have the manufacturer's MSRP simply mark it "NA" in your Owner
        Reviews and test reports.

        Any Owner Reviews already published that don't have MSRP from the
        manufacturer, should be amended and re-uploaded.

        Regards
        Sir Andrew
      • Karl
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 29, 2006
          Gday Ray,
          There you are. Sir Andrew has answered the question, clear and
          simple. Can you help me achieve this please. amended ORs waiting in
          test folder for edit and approval.
          Ready to go,
          Karl
          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest <apriest@...>
          wrote:

          > At 03:15 PM 29/07/2006, you wrote:
          > >Gday Ray,
          > >I am attempting to follow Jerry Goller's instructions when we
          > >communicated in BGTWeb YahooGroup. Can you please advise on your
          > >interpretation of his message as it relates to how we proceed with
          > >ORs currently online. Message copied below:
          >
          > Hi Karl
          >
          > It is really simple. Either you have the manufacturer's MSRP from
          > their website or you don't. Nothing more complicated than that.
          >
          > Conversions to other currencies, prices from retail sites or
          > distributor sites or from other sources are not acceptable. If you
          > don't have the manufacturer's MSRP simply mark it "NA" in your
          Owner
          > Reviews and test reports.
          >
          > Any Owner Reviews already published that don't have MSRP from the
          > manufacturer, should be amended and re-uploaded.
          >
          > Regards
          > Sir Andrew

        • edwardripleyduggan
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 29, 2006
            Hello Karl,
            Hello Karl,

            You don't generally need reapproval for small changes on reviews that
            are already approved, provided nothing else has changed. I looked them
            over briefly, and you can upload at your pleasure.

            I have deleted the originals from their directories (after two weeks
            the system will not let you do this). Deleted were

            Thermolite Reactor
            Sea to Summit Pack Water Tap Bag
            Victorinox SwissCard T3 Credit Card
            Sea to Summit sn240 Ultra-light Sacks

            Let me know if you need help locating these folders. The locations are
            those that your editors (myself included) originally indicated.

            I didn't see the whistle review on the site, so I assume that's still
            awaiting approval?

            Hope this helps!

            Ted

            BGT OR Editor