Re: Owner Review: MSR Packtowl Personal-Jenn Koles (for July OR call plus BP)

  • Jenn K.
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 7, 2006
      I thought this would be a personal care item since the towels are
      listed under personal care.
      Someone please advise.

      Jenn

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@...> wrote:

      > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jenn K." <jennksnowy@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Owner Review: MSR Packtowl Personal-Jenn Koles (for July OR call
      > plus BP)
      > >
      > > Owner Review-MSR Packtowl Personal
      >

      > Does this actuall fall under the June/July test call? I have the
      > qualifying catagories as eye protection, footwear and health and
      > safety.
      >
      > Andrew??
      >
      > jamie d

    • Jenn K.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 7, 2006
        It is actually listed under personal hygine which is personal care.---
        wrote:

        > I thought this would be a personal care item since the towels are
        > listed under personal care.
        > Someone please advise.
        >
        > Jenn
        >
        > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jenn K." <jennksnowy@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Owner Review: MSR Packtowl Personal-Jenn Koles (for July OR
        call
        > > plus BP)
        > > >
        > > > Owner Review-MSR Packtowl Personal
        > >

        > > Does this actuall fall under the June/July test call? I have the
        > > qualifying catagories as eye protection, footwear and health and
        > > safety.
        > >
        > > Andrew??
        > >
        > > jamie d

      • rayestrella1
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 7, 2006
          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@...> wrote:

          > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jenn K." <jennksnowy@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Owner Review: MSR Packtowl Personal-Jenn Koles (for July OR call
          > plus BP)
          > >
          > > Owner Review-MSR Packtowl Personal
          >

          > Does this actuall fall under the June/July test call? I have the
          > qualifying catagories as eye protection, footwear and health and
          > safety.

          Quick Jenn, add a story about using it as a blindfold after getting
          caught on a glacier without your sunglasses and it saved you.
          There's two of 'em....

          Ray
        • Andrew Priest
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 7, 2006
            At 08:14 AM 8/07/2006, you wrote:
            >--- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jenn K." <jennksnowy@...>
            >wrote:
            > >
            > > Owner Review: MSR Packtowl Personal-Jenn Koles (for July OR call
            >plus BP)
            > >
            > > Owner Review-MSR Packtowl Personal
            >

            >Does this actuall fall under the June/July test call? I have the
            >qualifying catagories as eye protection, footwear and health and
            >safety.

            No Jamie it don't as we put towels under Personal Hygiene, however, I
            reckon Jennifer deserves a BP for coming close.

            Andrew
          • Jenn K.
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 8, 2006
              Thanks Andrew

              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest <apriest@...>
              wrote:

              > At 08:14 AM 8/07/2006, you wrote:
              > >--- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jenn K." <jennksnowy@>
              > >wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Owner Review: MSR Packtowl Personal-Jenn Koles (for July OR call
              > >plus BP)
              > > >
              > > > Owner Review-MSR Packtowl Personal
              > >

              > >Does this actuall fall under the June/July test call? I have the
              > >qualifying catagories as eye protection, footwear and health and
              > >safety.
              >
              > No Jamie it don't as we put towels under Personal Hygiene, however,
              > reckon Jennifer deserves a BP for coming close.
              >
              > Andrew

            • rayestrella1
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 11, 2006
                Hi Jenn,

                I know that you are on vacation and may have limited access so if
                you are reading this while you are OOP I will say that I hope you
                are having a great time. Here are the edits for you,

                The HTML in the test folder is coming out very wide and is
                compressing the BGT side-bar. Can you take a look at it? I do not
                know enough about HTML to suggest anything. (I can barely get mine
                done :-)

                "Color Tested: Dusty Blue"

                EDIT: I noticed this in a lot of spots in your review. You are not
                testing the towel, you are reviewing it. I catch myself doing the
                same thing quite often. Take a look through and swap "test/ed"
                for "reviewed" or "used".

                "Velcro closure inside pack"

                EDIT: Velcro is a brand name and I can't find that it is used on
                this. Better to say hook-and-loop closure. This too is in a few
                locations.

                "The edges of the towel are surged and appears to be a quality
                stitch. "

                EDIT: The edges of the towel are "serged" and "appear" to be
                quality "stitching".

                "…approximately 1 1/2 hours to two hours in the sun."

                EDIT: remove extra space between "to" and "two". Also it looks a bit
                off to use numbers for one then spell out the other. How about 1 ½
                to 2 hours? Or spell them both out?

                "to the store where I purchased it due to this defect. The other
                time I temporarily fasted the grommet and the snap back onto the
                towel."

                EDIT: a couple of things here. Fasted I believe is supposed to be
                fastened. And you have an extra space between "defect." and "The" I
                notice you have that on all of your new sentences and don't have a
                problem with it. But if you look at your HTML file it causes it to
                be indented on your page when all the rest are even. Take a look.

                "I wonder if I would still encounter this problem the hook and the
                loop of the…."

                EDIT: I wonder if I would still encounter this problem "if" the
                hook and the loop of the

                "I like the idea of the storage pack to keep the towel clean during
                storage and there is a loop pack to hang it."

                EDIT: … and there is a loop "on the" pack to hang it.

                "elevations between 9,000-10,000 ft (2700-3000 m)."

                EDIT: since you have the commas on the first numbers you should
                continue them on the rest. (2,700-3,000 m)

                "…does freeze if there is remaining water absorbed in the towel and…"

                Comment: This sounds a bit awkward. Maybe "..does freeze if there is
                water remaining in the towel and…

                "were approximately 65 F - 75 F. The nighttime temperatures were
                approximately 45 F."

                EDIT: needs conversions for our metric friends.

                "I am however saving a few grams by not having the loop on the
                towel."

                Comment: I like the way you think…

                "I do like using the Packtowl even with the issues I encountered
                with the grommet popping off and the Velcro closure that I do not
                care for on the storage pack. I do take the towel"

                Comment: maybe drop the "do" in the second line. "…storage pack. I
                take the.."

                "I have since altered the towel upon purchase by cutting a hole in
                it…"

                Comment: This too is a bit off. To say that you did it upon purchase
                means that you did it as soon as you bought it. Maybe to just say "I
                had to alter the towel by cutting a hole in it ..

                That's it! After you make the changes repost here with Repost: in
                the heading, and put an updated HTML copy in the test folder.