Re: Hey Ray - Asolo Fugitive question

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2006
      Thanks Ray. I don't have any plans to hike it and I'm not
      interested in the boots but I was still curious about your pain.
      I'm very sorry to hear you had such a rough go and even more so that
      you have lingering damage still. Good to know the toes survived
      though.

      I've been tring to hike the 20 highest (with trails) peaks here in
      AZ but haven't done any in extreme conditions. My toes are a bit
      crooked but I'd like to keep them as they are thank you. :)

      jamie in AZ

      > That trip was supposed to take place one year after we actually
      did
      > it. One week before we left I bought a new pair of boots to handle
      > the desert part of the hike. I am a very hot-blooded person by
      > nature (no funny comments) and was worried about sweating my feet
      > off with the Fugitives. I should not have. I destroyed my feet on
      > the hike across the desert. I was told at the ER in Lone Pine to
      > quit the hike, and that I might lose one toe. (Not toenail, I lost
      > five of those.) I have nerve damage in my right leg to this day.
      The