Owner MealGear the Utensils Spork - Ray Estrella

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 28, 2006
      Whoops, the HTML is here;

      http://tinyurl.com/g6hao

      Sorry
    • rayestrella1
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 28, 2006
        I am sorry, the intro for that OR was from a reply I did tonight on
        Backpacker.com, that is why it does not make sense. Of course a lot of
        my stuff does not make sense, right?

        A post was forwarded on the ultimate eating utinsile, which I (in my
        mind) have already found. Hence the post. Enjoy.
      • chcoa
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 29, 2006
          <rayestrella@...> wrote:

          > Whoops, the HTML is here;
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/g6hao
          >
          > Sorry

        • edwardripleyduggan
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 11, 2006
            Hello Ray!

            Here's your edit. An entertaining review. I've created the folder at

            http://tinyurl.com/pvc3z

            Upload away!

            Ted.

            > MealGear the Utensils

            ### EDIT: While the article "the" is striking ("Jaws the Movie") I'm
            not clear if it is part of the official name. I looked on the website
            and I'm still not clear. FWIW, it isn't included by any of the various
            online retailers I checked. What does the hangtag say? In any case the
            heading should read:

            Guyot Designs MealGear Utensils (or "the Utensils," depending on
            which you decide is correct).

            > The shorter spork has the same shape to its handle, but goes from a
            > narrow point of .5 in (1.3 cm) to 1.1 in (2.8 cm) at the "holding"
            > end. The other end consists of a generous 1.7 in (4.3 cm) wide by
            > 2.5 in (6.3 cm) long food shovel, (spoon) adorned with wickedly
            > sharp .75 in (1.9 cm) long tines to give it the fork effect.
            >
            > The two handles will snap together, locking quite securely. To keep
            > them together more surely, they have holes in each that match up
            > with the other that the company suggests could be attached by way of
            > a carabineer.

            ### EDIT: carabiner

            > I do not normally add company rhetoric to my reviews any more, but
            > wanted to do it in this case as I feel a bit strongly about it. The
            > following is quoted.

            > Observations
            >
            > Let me touch quickly on the spatula. I do not use it. It sits in my
            > gear room with the other lonely kitchen items that gather dust as I
            > now am a freeze-dried, freezer-bag, organic-bar meal planner now.
            >
            > But since I wanted to write about the Spork, and they came as a set,
            > I tested the spatula in controlled situations.
            >
            > It is very flexible. More so than the other two spatulas that I
            > have. (Yes, I used to be a big eggs-in-the-morning guy.) And it is
            > safe on Teflon and other coated cookware, which I have three types
            > of.

            ### EDIT: "of which I have three types."

            I am thinking about taking a Dremel tool and increasing the
            > radius of the corner opposite the serrated edge to fit better in the
            > shoulder of my hiking frying pan for when I want to cook breakfast
            > for a group again. This weighs half of my next lightest spatula, and
            > about a quarter of the other.

            > OK, enough of the spatula, on to the reason I bought it. The Spork!
            >
            > I have been in search of the perfect eating utensil for a long time.
            > (Leonard Nimoy was not interested in this story. Hey, would that be
            > Mr. Spork?)

            ### COMMENT: Too silly! <g>

            > The tines are very long and sharp and have no problem spearing a
            > chunk of stab-able material. Like meat, eggs, cheese, or my lip, the
            > only stickable thing I tend to use it around.
            >
            > In fact this is the only negative I have about this spork. The tines
            > (which I don't need) are so long that it makes it difficult to get
            > those last scoops of broth out of the corner of the bag. It runs
            > back out. I would love it if this were a spoon. If they ever release
            > it as a 4-in-one (less fork) I will be all over it.

            ### COMMENT: IMHO, the inherent limitation of the Spork. I'm a Lexan
            spoon man myself.

          • edwardripleyduggan
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 11, 2006
              An edit PS

              ### EDIT: "4-in-one" should be "four-in-one"
            • edwardripleyduggan
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 11, 2006
                <erd@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > > for a group again. This weighs half of my next lightest spatula, and
                > > about a quarter of the other.
                >

                > > OK, enough of the spatula, on to the reason I bought it. The Spork!
                > >
                > > I have been in search of the perfect eating utensil for a long time.
                > > (Leonard Nimoy was not interested in this story. Hey, would that be
                > > Mr. Spork?)
                >
                > ### COMMENT: Too silly! <g>
                >
                > > The tines are very long and sharp and have no problem spearing a
                > > chunk of stab-able material. Like meat, eggs, cheese, or my lip, the
                > > only stickable thing I tend to use it around.
                > >
                > > In fact this is the only negative I have about this spork. The tines
                > > (which I don't need) are so long that it makes it difficult to get
                > > those last scoops of broth out of the corner of the bag. It runs
                > > back out. I would love it if this were a spoon. If they ever release

                ### EDIT: four-in-one

                (less fork) I will be all over it.

                > ### COMMENT: IMHO, the inherent limitation of the Spork. I'm a Lexan
                > spoon man myself.

              • rayestrella1
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 11, 2006
                  <erd@...> wrote:
                  > > ### EDIT: While the article "the" is striking ("Jaws the Movie")
                  I'm
                  > > not clear if it is part of the official name. I looked on the
                  website
                  > > and I'm still not clear. FWIW, it isn't included by any of the
                  various
                  > > online retailers I checked. What does the hangtag say?

                  Hi Ted.

                  Yes that is the real name, and that is the reason I have the hang
                  tag next to it in the second picture. http://tinyurl.com/jyxhk I
                  wanted to let the reader know that I wasn't giving it the royal we
                  or something.

                  > > ### COMMENT: IMHO, the inherent limitation of the Spork. I'm a
                  Lexan
                  > > spoon man myself.

                  I hear you. I just got it for its length and size. Maybe I could
                  Bondo in the tines....

                  Thank you for your help Ted. It is fixed and uploaded.