Re: Has not happened until just lately

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 28, 2006
      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Ditton"
      <rdassetts@...> wrote:

      > Hi Ray,
      >
      > I had a feeling that you were ,as the English would say, "taking the
      p. out
      > of us". Good one. If you do not know what the "p" stands for. Ask
      Ted nicely
      > and he will enlighten you.

      I would never want to do that. Some day I am going to come visit for a
      hike (trek, walk?) and do not a bunch of people "p" at me when I get
      there. You guys will leave me to the drop bears, I know!

      Respectful Ray
    • rayestrella1
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 28, 2006
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@...> wrote:

        > Yeah but the mail man in this cartoon is a turtle. I'm guessing
        that
        > adds to the amount of time he takes to get around..... hahahaha!
        >
        > jamie

        Ahh, you must have young ones also.

        It is a cute show. Beats the heck out of Power Rangers...

        Ray

        And this is funny, I was going to say to Ralph that he must be up
        late. I am so clueless sometimes. It is almost mid-day tomorrow there!
        (What did he say?)
      • rayestrella1
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 28, 2006
          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@...> wrote:

          > Well I think about Austrailia all the time. Everytime I see a show
          > on TV about the place I usually watch. It's facinating country and
          > so far all the people I have met from there, about 5 not including
          > those on the internet, have been wonderfully colorful and fun loving
          > people.

          I have met quite a lot hiking. Last fall in Yosemite a whole family.
          Dave and I were talking about it after that encounter, and we both
          agree. We have never met an unfriendly Australian. They are laid back
          enough to be at home here in HB, that's for sure (Dude).

          Of course if I just won a game of darts to some bloke that just drank
          his paycheck away maybe it would be a different story, eh guys?

          Ray
        • Ralph Ditton
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 28, 2006
            Ted

            I will leave the Drop Bears question to Roger who is very partial to them
            and Andrew.

            We see the Bundaberg Rum ad on tv where the white Drop Bear always lands
            near attractive women and scaring them. Bundaberg Rum might have cornered
            the rights to the Drop Bear.

            I saw the Phantom movie and it was a reasonable show, bit corney in parts.
            We still get our Phantom fix every Sunday in the Sunday Times comic strip
            section. In fact, I cannot remember ever not having the Phantom on a weekly
            basis.

            The height of fashion when we were kids was to own a Phantom copper ring
            which you sent away for. If you had a bit more money you could get a ring
            where the Phantom's eyes were fake Rubies. If you really had a lot of pocket
            money you could purchase a rubber Phantom ring the was really a rubber
            stamp. Did not go down a treat with teachers at school. Too many Phantom
            marks appearing on school property.

            Phantom comics are still available and you can buy back issues on E-Bay.

            Ralph

            _____

            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 28, 2006
              In fact the email below arrived here at 9.09 am Saturday 29/4/06.

              Ralph

              _____

              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 29, 2006
                At 08:02 AM 29/04/2006, you wrote:
                >Yeah but the mail man in this cartoon is a turtle. I'm guessing that
                >adds to the amount of time he takes to get around..... hahahaha!

                Ahh, but Jamie have you not heard about the turtle and the rabbit (hare)?

                Andrew