Brady Fulton Please Read - Owner Review - Backpacking Light RED Spout Caps

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2006

      reviews before submission.

      Moderator.

      will use APPROVED in the subject line.

      the list or contact me directly.

      Edit Administration Officer
    • edwardripleyduggan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2006
        Hi Brady,

        Thank you for your owner review. It's interesting, but lacks metric
        conversions, the bio is a bit too long and lacks some needed
        information, the product information lacks URL, measured weight etc.
        and there are a number of other issues. Overall, though, it's quite a
        thorough treatment, and I like it. Two options are available. I'd like
        to suggest that you apply for BGT's mentoring program (e-mail
        jennifer.pope@... with the subject "Mentoring Request").
        However, if you want to try proceeding through the edit channel I'd
        like you to do the following, and post the text back to this list
        (with REPOST substituted for EDIT in the subject line) and we'll see
        how we go from there.

        1. Provide metric conversions in addition to Imperial measurements for
        all measurements (weights, distances, temperatures etc). See

        http://www.backpackgeartest.org/convert.html

        I recommend reading the text at the foot of the page, on the
        presentation of units, with some care.

        2. Shorten your bio to 100 words (or so), and incorporate some idea of
        your backpacking style (presumably lightweight or ultralight),
        together with an approximate idea of your average pack-weight before food.

        3. In the product stats, provide a measured weight (your local PO may
        be able to help, or maybe the chem lab) and the main URL for BPL. A
        measured weight is always required, in addition to the listed weight,
        if there is one.

        4. What you have under "Trail:" is basically the environment in which
        you tested the Caps. I'd suggest breaking out all the location,
        terrain, temperature and weather info, and putting that in a separate
        section called "Field locations and conditions" or something like
        that. Then your "Product Description" can be just that.

        Best,

        Ted

        BGT OR Editor