Re: REPOST: OWNER REVIEW - Coleman Exponent F1 Ultralight Stove. Comments follow

  • edwardripleyduggan
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 2, 2006
      David,

      Go to the BGT website,

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/

      If you have previously registered, log-in. If you have not, then
      register (top two links in menu on left).

      Go to

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/

      This is "Owner Reviews" if you are browsing the category menu after
      log-in.

      Click "Upload File" in top yellow bar.

      Follow the directions from there (clicking the "Browse" button will
      let you indicate the path to your HTM or HTML file).

      BTW, final upload after approval is by exactly the same process,
      except that you need to click the "Owner Review" button to indicate
      the type of upload.

      Please let me know on this list when this is up, and I'll look it over.

      Ted.
    • edwardripleyduggan
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 3, 2006
        Hi Dave,

        You are in good shape on the HTML, except that the Coleman link needs
        to be made clickable (to the URL indicated in your text, please, not
        the redirect to home.asp that the Coleman site defaults to--we always
        link to the main page, as redirects can change). Once you have done
        that, you may upload to

        http://tinyurl.com/rf9xt

        Don't forget to mark the "Owner Review" radio button.

        Pleasant working with you. I look forward to seeing your next OR.

        Best

        Ted
      • edwardripleyduggan
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 3, 2006
          Dave--not a big deal, but propane and butane are still capitalized in
          the HTML. Truly, these are don't need capitalizing. It doesn't
          interfere with your meaning, and if you are more comfortable with them
          that way, that's ultimately OK by me. However, it is, strictly
          speaking, incorrect. If they were trade names, that would be a
          different story, e.g. Velcro, Flagyl (to take two at random) but
          chemical names are no different from any other noun in taking lower
          case when in the body of a sentence.

          Ted.
        • David H
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 6, 2006
            Ted,

            The changes you asked for have been included in the HTML, and the new
            file has been uploaded. Photos are pending a trip this upcoming
            weekend. (I want to photograph it in use).

            <erd@...> wrote:

            > Dave--not a big deal, but propane and butane are still capitalized in
            > the HTML. Truly, these are don't need capitalizing. It doesn't
            > interfere with your meaning, and if you are more comfortable with them
            > that way, that's ultimately OK by me. However, it is, strictly
            > speaking, incorrect. If they were trade names, that would be a
            > different story, e.g. Velcro, Flagyl (to take two at random) but
            > chemical names are no different from any other noun in taking lower
            > case when in the body of a sentence.
            >
            > Ted.

          • edwardripleyduggan
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 6, 2006
              Great! Upload as indicated when ready. Test your layout with the
              images in the test folder first. Images should not exceed (at the
              outside) 600 px; 450 px is better, IMHO.

              Best,

              Ted.