Is there a way to check status?

  • David H
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
      Is there a way to check the status of a submitted Owner Review? I know
      everyone is busy, but I would think the processing wouldn't take this
      long...
    • hiking@westernpa.us
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
        > Is there a way to check the status of a submitted Owner Review? I know
        > everyone is busy, but I would think the processing wouldn't take this
        > long...

        The OR report comes out every Friday, you can check the status then. It
        does take a while, especially in Spring and Fall when the mods are busy
        with test calls, apps, etc.

        Patience grasshopper, we've all been there.

        mike
      • edwardripleyduggan
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
          Your edit was completed yesterday AM and is at message 69489!

          We are backed up at present, but we do get there... It is important to
          monitor the list closely.

          Ted

          BGT OR Editor

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "David H" <dbhost3006@...> wrote:

          > Is there a way to check the status of a submitted Owner Review? I know
          > everyone is busy, but I would think the processing wouldn't take this
          > long...

        • pamwyant
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
            Status can be checked in the Owner Review Queue, which is normally
            posted on Fridays, but was delayed this week due to Jamie (who handles
            the immense job of overseeing the list) having to deal with life
            issues.

            I checked and it looks like the reason the edit of your Solomon shoes
            is taking this long is because you posted two owner reviews to begin
            with, which results in the first being edited and the second being
            placed on hold until the first has been finalized and uploaded. If
            you didn't catch the notice, you can find it in message 69268.

            After your first was finalized, your second was taken off hold and
            placed at the end of the queue at that time. It looks like your
            review is moving toward the top now and shouldn't be much longer until
            it is taken by an editor.

            Pam Wyant
            Owner Review Editor

            wrote:

            > Is there a way to check the status of a submitted Owner Review? I
            know
            > everyone is busy, but I would think the processing wouldn't take this
            > long...

          • pamwyant
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
              Oops. Got the wrong Dave/David. It's a good idea to sign your e-
              mail with your full name so impetuous folks like me don't jump to
              the wrong conclusion. :) Ted's reply is the correct one. Ignore
              the reply below as the babblings of someone who didn't know what
              they were talking about. :)

              Pam

              > I checked and it looks like the reason the edit of your Solomon
              shoes
              > is taking this long is because you posted two owner reviews to
              begin
              > with, which results in the first being edited and the second being
              > placed on hold until the first has been finalized and uploaded.
              If
              > you didn't catch the notice, you can find it in message 69268.
              >
              > After your first was finalized, your second was taken off hold and
              > placed at the end of the queue at that time. It looks like your
              > review is moving toward the top now and shouldn't be much longer
              until
              > it is taken by an editor.

            • David H
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
                Ted,

                I asked because I figured I missed a message... Thanks for the info...

                Dave Hostetler.

                (Now onto my OR of my Coleman Exponent F1 Lite, and my spare stove, a
                Coleman Peak 1 Micro)...

              • hiking@westernpa.us
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
                  > Ted,
                  >
                  > I asked because I figured I missed a message... Thanks for the info...
                  >
                  > Dave Hostetler.
                  >
                  > (Now onto my OR of my Coleman Exponent F1 Lite, and my spare stove, a
                  > Coleman Peak 1 Micro)...

                  Hang in there until you get your first two accepted before shooting off a
                  volley of OR's. The first two will give you an idea of the style BGT is
                  looking for, along with general experience.

                  Also not nice to flood the queue, other newbies like the opportunity to
                  get their first two through in a timely manner, as you have.

                  mike
                • pamwyant
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
                    Mike,

                    While we prefer to have new reviewers work through the first two owner
                    reviews one at a time, for the reasons you have noted, we always
                    welcome owner reviews and it isn't necessary to wait to post them one
                    at a time after the first two are complete.

                    It looks like David was talking about two stove reviews, hardly what I
                    would call a flood of reviews to the queue. While we like to process
                    newbie reviews as quickly as possible, so they can get down to the
                    business of testing gear, we do need to remember that we are
                    ultimately here to provide a service to the backpacking community - a
                    reliable source to find unbiased reviews on backpacking gear to assist
                    them in deciding on what to purchase. The more reviews we have, the
                    better - whether they are owner reviews or test series, and whether
                    they are from veterans or newbies. While the wait can sometimes be
                    frustrating, right now we are getting most reviews edited in less than
                    two weeks, which is the period of time newbies are advised it might
                    take, so a couple of stove reviews shouldn't be a problem that backs
                    anyone up.

                    Pam Wyant

                    > Hang in there until you get your first two accepted before shooting
                    off a
                    > volley of OR's. The first two will give you an idea of the style BGT
                    is
                    > looking for, along with general experience.
                    >
                    > Also not nice to flood the queue, other newbies like the opportunity
                    > get their first two through in a timely manner, as you have.
                    >
                    > mike

                  • Andrew Priest
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 2, 2006
                      At 12:17 AM 1/03/2006, you wrote:
                      >Is there a way to check the status of a submitted Owner Review? I know
                      >everyone is busy, but I would think the processing wouldn't take this
                      >long...

                      Hi

                      Under normal circumstances the status of the Owner Review queue will
                      be posted each Friday. However, sometimes life gets in the road.

                      Andrew
                      Senior Edit Moderator