Approved subject to minor edits-MSR Alpine Classic Cookware-Jennifer Koles

  • pamwyant
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      Jennifer, the report looks pretty good now, but there are still a
      couple of typos and a couple of sentences that need removed.

      > Backpacking Background
      >

      > I started taking overnight backpacking trips this past summer in
      the
      > Uinta Mountain Range in Utah. I already owned some backpacking
      gear
      > that I had purchased over the past few years. Although I enjoyed my
      > backpacking experience this summer, I found myself taking entirely
      too
      > much gear. I am finding out slowly how to minimize my needs and not
      > require extra luxuries. My previous outdoor experiences consisted
      of 4
      > wheel-drive camping in primitive areas and day hiking. I have some
      > backpacking gear I purchased over the past few years. I enjoyed my
      > backpacking experience this summer. I plan to take more trips,
      > increase my duration, and reduce my pack weight from 45 lb (20.41
      kg).

      *EDIT: The biography looks better, but you forgot to remove the
      following two sentences near the end - "I have some backpacking gear
      I purchased over the past few years. I enjoyed my backpacking
      experience this summer." - since these were incorporated into the
      earlier sentences, you need to take them out at the end.

      > For the past 6 years I have utililized this cookware from the
      Pacific
      > Coast to the Wasatch Mountain Range at elevations from 15 ft-
      13,000 ft
      > (4.6 m - 3962 m) and in desert to mountain climates in temperature
      > ranges from 90 F (32 C) to 40 F (4 C).

      *EDIT: This looks better - you just need to add a space before and
      after the hypen between 15 ft and 13,000 feet.

      > While cooking if I have the gas turned up too high on my stove
      > sometimes I will hear a popping sound from the pot. This makes me
      > feel I need to lean to operate my stove better. I have not noticed
      any
      > warping of any sort due to this.

      *EDIT: This sounds better, but I don't think you need to "lean" to
      operate the stove. I believe you meant "learn". :)

      When you've made these changes, the report is approved. Once made,
      you can log in to BackpackGearTest.org, navigate to:

      Cook Gear > Cook Sets > MSR Alpine Cookware set > Owner Review by
      Jennifer Koles

      click upload and follow the directions to upload your report. Be
      sure to select the Owner Review radio button on the upload screen.
      Don't forget to delete the version in the test folder.

      Thank you for your contribution.

      Pam Wyant