[yg-alerts] Groups downtime Monday night, January 9th, at 9:00 pm (PST)

  • Gordon by way of Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2006
      Yahoo! Groups
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups>My Groups |

      Yahoo! Groups will be continuing our database maintenance on Monday
      night, January 9, at 9:00 pm Pacific Time (5:00 am on the 10th (GMT)).
      For approximately 30 minutes, the Groups site will be down for all
      groups. In addition, 25% of groups will be unavailable for an
      additional 30-45 minutes. Messages sent to affected groups during
      that time will be queued and delivered once the groups are back online.

      We appreciate everyone's patience and apologize for the unusually
      frequent series of maintenance downtimes we have had to schedule
      recently. The Holiday season gifted us with an unfortunate combination
      of hardware failures and data corruption issues. Fortunately, we're
      seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, although folks should
      expect at least one more period of downtime in the coming weeks.

      - Gordon
      Yahoo! Groups Team

      *
      * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the