Re: MySQL error on 12/30/05 @ 10:56 est

  • Graham Blamey
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2006
      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "m_landman" <m_landman@y...>
      wrote:

      > FYI ... If any one is monitoring the system, I got the following
      error
      > trying to login:
      >
      > "Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server
      through
      > socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
      > in /home/backpack/public_html/login.php on line 9
      >
      > Unable to connect to member database "
      >
      > I also recieved a similar error looking up any "Petzl Tikka XP LED
      > Headlamp" reviews.
      >
      > Cheers
      > ML

      ### Thanks for noting this.
      I believe webmaster David is tweaking the site while we're at a slack
      period over the holidays,
      Graham
      BGT Edit Moderator
    • Jerry Goller
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2006
        The system is down until further notice.

        Jerry

        _____

        FYI ... If any one is monitoring the system, I got the following error
        trying to login:

        "Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through
        socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
        in /home/backpack/public_html/login.php on line 9

        Unable to connect to member database "

        I also recieved a similar error looking up any "Petzl Tikka XP LED
        Headlamp" reviews.

        Cheers
        ML

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "BackpackGearTest
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackGearTest> " on the web.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        _____

      • m_landman
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2006
          > ### Thanks for noting this.
          Not a problem. I am an IT Architect and am happy to pass error messages
          along.
          ML
        • Taylor33LD@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2006
            How can I still be a part of the BPGT group without recieving all of the emails?

            Thanks and take care,
            Taylor

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2006
              At 08:28 AM 5/01/2006, you wrote:
              >How can I still be a part of the BPGT group without recieving all of
              >the emails?
              >
              >Thanks and take care,
              >Taylor

              Dear Taylor

              You can change your group membership to no email. Goto the Yahoo!
              click on Edit Membership. You will need to be log in of course.

              Regards
              Andrew, Sir

            • Graham Blamey
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 5, 2006
                Just above the Title of this group is a heading 'Edit Membership'.
                Click on this and you'll see your preferences are probably checked
                at 'Individual emails'. Uncheck this and check an alternative like 'No
                emails I'll read it on the website'
                OK ;)
                Graham
                BGT Edit Moderator