Re: EDIT: Gerber Paraframe II - Andrew Buskov

  • Roger Caffin
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 27, 2005
      > > "The Review really needs a couple of pics tho', and we are now
      > > strongly encouraging the use of them. Otherwise I was left without any
      > > idea whatsoever as to what the handle or the blade looked like."
      >
      > I thought the photo requirement was just for test series?
      > I didn't think we were pushing them in ORs?

      There is a REQUIREMENT for Test series.
      We are 'strongly encouraging' them for ORs.
      The logic behind this is the same for both cases of course.

      For example, in this case I had no idea what the knife looked like until I went to the Gerber web site. I was quite
      surprised by the appearance of the knife. The Product Description provided by Andrew really gave me little idea. (This
      is not a criticism of your OR, Andrew, just a statement of fact.)

      The rational runs at two levels in fact. The first is as indicated above: for most things you need a picture to
      understand the product. Text only goes so far. Pictures convey so much more.

      The second level is a more general one: if BGT is to grow, it must offer what the reader wants. And in most cases, plain
      text won't do this. The public, and walkers too, are now more accustomed to seeing pictures than reading text. We must
      go to pictures to increase the attractiveness of the 'product' and our organisation.

      </sermon>

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin
    • Andrew
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 27, 2005
        No worries Roger. I just didn't want to be the only one posting pictures for
        OR's. I've reposted as per your request.

        Andrew B

      • Leesa J
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 28, 2005
          Roger, I wasn't questioning the 'why' related to pictures. Being
          involved with the mentors/mentees, I think sometimes it is confusing
          to them. Especially those who are at the begining of the process and
          don't monitor the backpackgeartesters list much yet. Even more
          confusing when some editors ask for photos and others don't.
          I think once the updated Survival Guide is done, it will clarify a lot
          of this. (I would be more than happy to help get it finished)
          Leesa

          --
          This land is your land, this land is my land...
          Woody Guthrie
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 28, 2005
            > No worries Roger. I just didn't want to be the only one posting pictures for OR's.
            LOL! Little chance of that. :-)

            Cheers
            Roger Caffin