EDIT: MacCat Standard Hammock Tarp - Jeff Jackson

  • Roger Caffin
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2005
      EDIT: MacCat Standard Hammock Tarp - Jeff Jackson

      Hi Jeff

      A good OR, well written. I have some small edits for you to fix, but nothing major.

      When you have done these, could you please REPOST this OR on this channel.

      Some of us have an unofficial convention here:
      EDIT: you must fix this
      Edit: you are advised to seriously consider this
      Comment: just that.
      However, if you think I have got something wrong or that what I am criticising is actually a matter of personal style,
      feel free to say so.

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin
      BGT OR Editor
      -------------------------------
      > OWNER REVIEW: MacCat Standard Hammock Tarp
      > 20 Nov 05
      EDIT: insert name on separate line, between these two.

      > MacCat Standard over a Hennessy Hammock
      > Yosemite National Park, CA
      Comment: very appropriate!

      > Weight: 185 lbs (84 kg)
      EDIT: 'lb'

      > Backpacking Background:
      EDIT: this is actually an excellent bio, except that at 111 words it is over or 100 word limit. A hard life, but we all
      meet the same limit.

      > Listed Specs: 125" x 84" (317.5 x 213.4 cm) - 12.5 oz (354 g)
      EDIT: round off the metric versions: 317 x 213 cm

      > and he has created the highest quality hammock tarp I have seen.
      EDIT: a nit pick, but this is opinion rather than product Description. Could you move it into the First impression
      section (or elsewhere) please.
      Comment: otherwise fine.

      > but I did not have any doubts with the MacCat.
      EDIT: a good section, but right here I came to a stop and asked why don't you? Worth explaining quite explicitely.

      > The MacCat is made from 1.1 oz silnylon, which is commonly used in
      > manufacturing lightweight gear, but is not known for its durability.
      Edit: I personally would dispute this last statement. It may LOOK fragile, but imho it has a good reputation for
      durability. I flag this because a knowledgeable reader might start arguing with you at this point.

      > The Company. Brian MacMillin is a high school senior who has
      EDIT: I missed the whole point here - a cultural thing maybe. I suggest you leave out the 'high school senior' part as
      it is not relevant.

      > and I recommend it without reservation to anyone seeking a lightweight,
      > aftermarket tarp for camping hammocks.
      EDIT: we don't know what the reader wants, so we don't make recommendations.