re: CERRO TORRE GECKO 65L Internal Frame Backpack - Ryan L. Christensen

  • Roger Caffin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
      re: CERRO TORRE GECKO 65L Internal Frame Backpack - Ryan L. Christensen

      Hi Ryan

      Your OR is a good start, but it seems that the use you have made of it amounts to:
      one two-day walk
      two weekends as a sort of suitcase
      and you son has used it for three days.

      However, you can only count the times you have used it walking, and by our criteria that's really only two days. Under
      BGT guidelines a pack requires a bit more time than that.

      I recommend that you hang onto this OR until you have had at least a week of walking with it yourself; more would be
      better. A pack requires a lot of time to evaluate, so maybe you should consider starting with some bit of gear which is
      both simpler and with which you have had more experience.

      You might also consider the Mentor program. A Mentor would be able to help you with your first two ORs.

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin
      BGT OR Editor