APPROVAL: Luna Bars - Rosaleen Sullivan

  • Roger Caffin
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2005
      APPROVAL: Luna Bars - Rosaleen Sullivan

      Hi Rosaleen

      > I will comment, though, the now deleted first part did NOT come from the
      > wrapper or the web site. I REALLY like these bars, the nutritional
      > benefits, and the thinking behind them.
      OK. I inferred the web spiel bit mainly from my reaction to this sentence:
      > Luna Bars are the product of some forward thinkers from Clif Bars.
      If you had written:
      > I think the Luna Bars are the product of some forward thinkers from Clif Bars.
      it would have been obvious even to paranoid me that this was your own opinion.

      I guess this illustrates cultural differences as much as anything else?

      So, if you want to put the deleted bit back in while adding just something to make it clear that this is your opinion
      (like 'I think'), I would be quite happy.

      Apart from that, clear to upload. But I am not sure where it should be put. There is a folder for Clif Bars, and these
      Luna Bars made by Clif Bars, but are called Luna Bars. Hum ... I would appreciate your thoughts on this. If you want me
      to make a separate folder for Luna Bars, pls say so.

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin
      BGT OR Editor
    • rosaleen43
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2005
        Roger-

        I will take a quick look to see if this fits within the
        rewrite. "I'm really impressed with the forward thinking of the
        Clif Bar people in creating a separate product line designed
        specifically to meet women's needs and tastes." Does that work?

        I haven't bought Clif Bars for a number of years. IIRC, these are
        totally different, so placing Luna Bars as a subset of Clif Bars
        might be like putting oranges under apples. They are both fruits,
        but, I believe, they are distinctively different.

        I hope that helps?

        Rosaleen

        > > Luna Bars are the product of some forward thinkers from Clif
        Bars.
        > If you had written:
        > > I think the Luna Bars are the product of some forward thinkers
        from Clif Bars.
        > it would have been obvious even to paranoid me that this was your
        own opinion.

        > I guess this illustrates cultural differences as much as anything
        else?

        > So, if you want to put the deleted bit back in while adding just
        something to make it clear that this is your opinion
        > (like 'I think'), I would be quite happy.
        >
        > Apart from that, clear to upload. But I am not sure where it
        should be put. There is a folder for Clif Bars, and these
        > Luna Bars made by Clif Bars, but are called Luna Bars. Hum ... I
        would appreciate your thoughts on this. If you want me
        > to make a separate folder for Luna Bars, pls say so.
        >
        > Cheers
        > Roger Caffin
        > BGT OR Editor
      • rcaffin
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4, 2005
          > I will take a quick look to see if this fits within the
          > rewrite. "I'm really impressed with the forward thinking of the
          > Clif Bar people in creating a separate product line designed
          > specifically to meet women's needs and tastes." Does that work?
          Sure does.

          > I haven't bought Clif Bars for a number of years. IIRC, these are
          > totally different, so placing Luna Bars as a subset of Clif Bars
          > might be like putting oranges under apples. They are both fruits,
          > but, I believe, they are distinctively different.
          OK, so a separate folder called Luna Bars.
          I shall 'make it so'.

          Cheers
          Roger Caffin
        • rcaffin
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 4, 2005
            > I will take a quick look to see if this fits within the
            > rewrite. "I'm really impressed with the forward thinking of the
            > Clif Bar people in creating a separate product line designed
            > specifically to meet women's needs and tastes." Does that work?
            Sure does.

            > I haven't bought Clif Bars for a number of years. IIRC, these are
            > totally different, so placing Luna Bars as a subset of Clif Bars
            > might be like putting oranges under apples. They are both fruits,
            > but, I believe, they are distinctively different.
            OK, so post it in folder:
            http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Food/Energy%20Bars/Luna%20Bars/

            Cheers
            Roger Caffin
          • rosaleen43
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 4, 2005
              Roger-

              I have the revised x2 Luna Bars OR in the test file. I'm glad that I
              checked the link. LunabarS.com goes to the wrong site. Lunabar.com
              does work...

              Find the latest revision at
              http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/revised%
              20x2%20OR%20Luna%20Bars-rhs/

              I'm ready to upload to the new Luna Bars folder when you are when you
              give the go "ahead."

              Rosaleen

              PS-I can't delete the first pass OR. I'll shoot a note to Rick.

              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "rcaffin" <r.caffin@t...>
              wrote:
              > > I will take a quick look to see if this fits within the
              > > rewrite. "I'm really impressed with the forward thinking of the
              > > Clif Bar people in creating a separate product line designed
              > > specifically to meet women's needs and tastes." Does that work?
              > Sure does.
              >
              > > I haven't bought Clif Bars for a number of years. IIRC, these are
              > > totally different, so placing Luna Bars as a subset of Clif Bars
              > > might be like putting oranges under apples. They are both fruits,
              > > but, I believe, they are distinctively different.
              > OK, so a separate folder called Luna Bars.
              > I shall 'make it so'.
              >
              > Cheers
              > Roger Caffin
            • Roger Caffin
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 5, 2005
                Hi Rosaleen

                > I have the revised x2 Luna Bars OR in the test file. I'm glad that I
                > checked the link. LunabarS.com goes to the wrong site. Lunabar.com
                > does work...
                Yes, well, true, but...
                It really should be www.lunabar.com, WITH the <www.> at the front. They seem to have got the shorter version working,
                but it is considered bad net form to rely on it working without the <www.>

                > I'm ready to upload to the new Luna Bars folder when you are when
                > you give the go "ahead."
                Yeah, sure, go ahead.

                Cheers
                Roger Caffin
              • Roger Caffin
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 5, 2005
                  And the two reports in the meals/ingredients folder have quite different heading layouts as well. Very strange. Needs
                  investigatiing.

                  Cheers
                  Roger Caffin