EDIT: OWNER REVIEW-Sedona Trading Company Trail Gourmet Seasonings

  • edwardripleyduggan
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hello Bob,

      Just slotting this in before I head off for a hike! Interesting
      product indeed. I have a few corrections, and I'm requesting that you
      add some more detail to the culinary aspects, as noted below. I look
      forward to seeing the corrected review; please mail to the list using
      REPOST in the heading.

      Ted

      BGT OR EDITOR

      > Sedona Trading Company Trail Gourmet Seasonings
      > Owner Review
      > Date: September 25, 2005
      >

      > Reviewer Information
      >
      > Name: Bob Wardecker
      > Age: 44
      > Gender: Male
      > Height: 5' 6" (1.5 meters)

      ### EDIT (1.5 m)

      > Weight: 180 lbs. (82 kg)

      ### EDIT 180 lb (82 kg) No period, lb as abbreviation

      > Product Description
      >

      > I received the Sedona, Italian, Southwest seasonings in a card board
      > box. Upon opening the box I found newsprint as padding.

      ### EDIT "I received the Sedona, Italian, Southwest seasonings well
      packaged in a cardboard box."

      There's no value to the reader in knowing the precise materials unless
      the company consistently badly ships its goods, and in this case the
      packaging sounds just fine.

      A copy of their
      > recipe book and the seasoning packets.

      ### EDIT: Incomplete sentence. "The package contained a copy of their
      recipe book and the seasoning packets." or something similar.

      Inside the packet
      > are 20 capsules each containing approximately 1/4 tsp. of seasonings.
      > The capsules are made of a clear gelatin and is

      ### EDIT: are (not is)

      7/8 in (22 mm) x 9/32 in
      > (7 mm).
      >
      >.
      >
      > Summary
      > I initially purchased the seasoning in late spring 2005 and have been
      > using them ever since. I also use them at home. I am well pleased with
      > the seasonings due to their convince and taste.

      ### EDIT: Bob, could you rework that last sentence. "convince" doesn't
      work in this context, and I don't quite know what you are trying to
      say. "convincing taste"? But that doesn't sound right.

      I also found that to my taste the recommended four
      > capsules per pound of meat to not be enough.

      ### EDIT: ...are not enough. Possibly better wording?

      ### EDIT The review is OK so far as it goes (and I'm fascinated by the
      product and will probably buy some), but I have some questions that
      I'd like to see the review address. What are some foods you have used
      these in? What spice combination went with each food? Did you mix
      capsules types in the same dish at all for extra effect, and did this
      work? What are the constituent spices in each blend you used (if the
      contents are listed)? If they are not listed, could you at least
      indicate whether peppery, herbal, etc.; what are the predominant
      seasonings? With what types of foods would you say each style
      combines, or do all work equally well in all foods?

      > Things I Dislike
      > I really can't find fault with this product other than I would like to
      > see more varieties of seasoning flavors.

      ### EDIT: I question if this is fair comment, given that you have
      stated you have used only three seasonings from their range.