EDIT/APPROVAL: OR - Leki Makalu Cor-Tec PA poles - TV

  • Nazdarovye
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2005
      Hi Thomas -

      I'm approving this for upload, but there are a few loose odds and
      ends to still clean up. You'll find those below.

      You can upload your final review here:

      Reviews > Trekking Poles > Poles > LEKI Super Makalu COR-TEC PA

      (Note: if this is not your exact model - e.g., yours isn't the "Super
      Makalu" - let me know.)

      Be sure (you know the drill...) to click "owner review" when you
      upload, and of course it might be worth taking a last look at this in
      the test folder.

      Thanks for the OR - I enjoyed it, and I'm glad to hear your friend is
      doing well (but I'll be sure not to stand too close!)

      - Steve

      [EDITS FOLLOW:]

      OVERALL EDIT: The cork material name still needs to be changed
      throughout to "Cor-Tec", including in the title of the review and
      every other place. The spelling and hyphen are consistently that on
      the Leki site...capitalization is not, so your call on the latter.

      Basically, if my opinion was that if you were weak enough to need
      hiking poles, then you shouldn't be on the trail.
      ***EDIT: "Basically, my..." (this was one of the original edits, too;
      if you chose to ignore this edit, fine - just saw it was missing)

      Simply turn the segment counter-clockwise, pull it out to the desired
      length, then turn clockwise
      till it was tight and would not turn anymore.
      ***EDIT: oops; missed this one: "until" or "'til"

      I also like the way the pole length was adjusted. Simply turn the
      segment
      counter-clockwise, pull it out to the desired length, then turn
      clockwise
      till it was tight and would not turn anymore.
      EDIT SUGGESTION: one last remnant of the past-tense stuff: this would
      be great in present tense, but your call

      [END OF EDITS]
    • Nazdarovye
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2005
        Tom - no worries whatsoever; these were tiny clean-up items that I
        and anyone else could have missed.

        Plus, only 18 more years (or so) on the baby and things will be back
        to normal ;-)

        - Steve

        On Oct 2, 2005, at 5:53 PM, Thomas Vickers wrote:

        > I will get on these edits tonight and fix it all. Sorry I missed
        > somethings.
        > New baby makes editing hard. I need to concentrate to fix and I
        > can't seem
        > to get there.

      • Thomas Vickers
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2005
          All done, all clean (fingers crossed) all uploaded.

          Now to get that food OR done.
          Need those browny points

          TV
        • Nazdarovye
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2005
            Tom - sorry, but did catch these in your upload:

            - Your URL says "leki.com" but goes to imlaygear - you'll need to
            change the behind-the-scenes code

            - It still says "Cor-Tek" in lots of places, which needs to be "Cor-
            Tec" - I recommend a search and replace to catch them all.

            I've cleared it out so you can fix and re-upload. Thanks

            - Steve

            On Sep 2, 2005, at 7:49 PM, Thomas Vickers wrote:

            > All done, all clean (fingers crossed) all uploaded.
            >
            > Now to get that food OR done.
            > Need those browny points
            >
            > TV

          • Thomas Vickers
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2005
              No sleep will kill you.
              I had not noticed the difference between Cor-Tek and Cor-Tec till now. My
              bad.

              TV
              > Tom - sorry, but did catch these in your upload:
              >
              > - Your URL says "leki.com" but goes to imlaygear - you'll need to
              > change the behind-the-scenes code
              >
              > - It still says "Cor-Tek" in lots of places, which needs to be "Cor-
              > Tec" - I recommend a search and replace to catch them all.
              >
              > I've cleared it out so you can fix and re-upload. Thanks
              >
              > - Steve
              >
              > On Sep 2, 2005, at 7:49 PM, Thomas Vickers wrote:
              >
              > > All done, all clean (fingers crossed) all uploaded.
              > >
              > > Now to get that food OR done.
              > > Need those browny points
              > >
              > > TV

              > Yahoo! Groups Links