Re: APPROVAL/ EDIT- Owner Review Jetboil Personal Cooking System

  • richardglyon
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27, 2005
      Ted: Done! It only took three tries in the test folder to get the
      spacing right! And good timing: unless a big deal gets in the way,
      on Friday I'm off to Montana for a week in the Great Bear
      Wilderness. As for buying a Jetboil, I know all too well about an
      overstuffed gear closet. Actually the Jetboil is worth getting for
      non-backpacking use, because it's so simple and so quick. I just
      bought one for my girlfriend for day hikes and car camping - they
      were on sale at REI. RGL

      <erd@w...> wrote:
      > Richard,
      >
      > Looks like a sensible approach to me. Do go ahead and upload to
      >
      > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Stoves/Jetboil%
      20Personal%20Cooking%20System/

      > or
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/yueso
      >
      > Please remember to indicate "Owner Review" during the upload, using
      > the appropriate "button." You may want to try a copy in the test
      > folder first.
      >
      > Thanks very much. One of these days I will buy one of these, though
      > heavens knows I own a sufficient number of stoves.
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > Ted.
      >
      > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon"
      <rlyon@g...>
      > wrote:
      > > Ted, Thanks. one question only. I had intended the
      parenthetical
      > > reference to US dollars to apply to all quotes in the review.
      There
      > > are several in the description of accessories, in the body of
      the
      > > review. I agree that it will read better to put the reference to
      the
      > > fuel canister in a separate sentence. How's this:
      > >
      > > "MSRP: $79.95 (All dollar amounts in this review are U.S.
      dollars.)
      > > This price does not include Jetboil proprietary fuel canister
      > > (called the "Jetpower micro-canister"), which is sold separately
      at
      > > $3.95."
      > >
      > > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "edwardripleyduggan"
      > > <erd@w...> wrote:
      > > > Hello Richard,
      > > >
      > > > Here's your edit. Good solid review. Not too much out of place.
      > > > Excellent job. Please incorporate the (very) few edits and
      upload.
      > > > did note what might have been double spaces in a couple of
      places
      > > (but
      > > > these could have been Yahoo-related). Just check this in the
      HTML
      > > > version, please.
      > > >
      > > > Ted
      > > > BGT OR Editor

      (All

      > > > ### EDIT Better, I think, to simply write MSRP: $79.95 US.
      Perhaps