Walkabout - Andrew

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2005
      Dear Group

      With this email, I have gone walkabout until July 25, 2005. I will be
      flying out in the next 24 hours for the Alice and will be enroute to
      Redbank Gorge on Sunday for 16 days of walking from Redbank Gorge via Mt
      Sonder and many more gorges and waterholes back to the Alice. We (a party
      of six) will be walking the Larapinta Trail in the West MacDonnell Ranger.
      This will be followed by a few days R&R in Darwin where hopefully the crocs
      play nice. For those interested you can find some information on the
      Larapinta Trail at <http://www.john.chapman.name/nt-lara.html> and
      <http://snipurl.com/fyfc>.

      During my absent Shane has very kindly agreed to take on my jobs as both
      List Moderator and Senior Edit Moderator (did I mention that one Shane?
      :-)). Please work with Shane and treat him kindly. He is wearing many hats
      at the moment.

      For my American cousins, I wish you a very safe and special July 4th weekend.

      To you all, buen camino.

      Regards
      Andrew Priest
    • Shane Steinkamp
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2005
        > During my absent Shane has very kindly agreed to take on my jobs as both
        > List Moderator and Senior Edit Moderator (did I mention that one Shane?
        > :-)). Please work with Shane and treat him kindly. He is wearing many hats
        > at the moment.

        Wow. I never got to be SEM before... All right, you Editors. Um....
        Carry on.

        Shane
      • Banjo Doje
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2005
          On 7/1/05, Shane Steinkamp <shane@...> wrote:

          > Wow. I never got to be SEM before... All right, you Editors. Um....
          > Carry on.
          >
          > Shane

          Severely Emotional Maniac?? Thought that was the norm for you ;-)

          Jodi

          --
          "If it ain't got a Banjo in it, it ain't Bluegrass!" - Ed Bolton
        • Kathy Waters
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2005
            Andrew,

            Sounds great! Funny, when I hear the word "walkabout" all I can think of is "Crocodile Dundee"! If you do encounter crocodiles, I hope that you have a big knife <g>!

            Kathy

            Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
            --Hunter S. Thompson