Coy Boy BIP and mini trip report

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2005
      we had a great trip. if interested you may view the photos here.

      http://community.webshots.com/user/coyboy100

      we left home at 1:30 PM. I rode in the back of my truck the 45 minute
      drive (coming back too). We had to make a few stops along the way
      so arrived at the trail had at 3 pm. we stop at horse trail entrance
      but it may be too late for me to hike the longer horse trail and
      from the looks of the horse trail (lots of horse tracks made in mud
      then dried into very rough ground) we decide to go on to the other
      hiker entrnce. Good thing too. After 3.5 miles of hiking and we
      arrive at the walls by 5PM...in time for swimming and looking around
      awhile. we hike back to the
      campground (we foolishly carried our pack all the way to
      the "Walls") tierd but
      hungry. The boys decide to build a fire so we scoure the woods for
      wood. We set up hammocks then build a fire. with only a little
      daylight left I cook supper (a rice mix and can of beef stew mixed
      together). I wash the dishes in the last hint of light. back at the
      campfire we relax a few hours discussing important life issues.
      actually cody and daniel cut up while I just enjoy the moment. we
      turn in at 10 PM. no tarps as no rain forcasted...well I missed the
      one that said rain. I awake at 2 AM to sprinkles on my face. I jump
      up. cody is also awake. we wake daniel and all three proceed to
      secure tarps over our hammocks. we dont get very wet. I awaken at
      daylight and wait for good light to snap a few camp photos. I
      actually take the first one from my hammock. I get the boys up and we
      have oat meal and hot coacoa. I clean up then we pack and head back
      to the truck at 8:30 AM. The boys make the 2 miles (all up hill) in
      55 minutes. It takes me an hour and a half. we stop for pizza on the
      ride home. We get home just before noon and I hang up the hammocks
      which were put away wet. All in all it was a great hike. The Walls
      of Jericho is worth the hike in my book. Of course any trip with my
      kids (or one kid and thier friend/s) is worth the hike.

      Coy Boy