Re: [BackpackGearTest] Digest Number 516

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2002
      In a message dated 1/2/2002 4:10:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com writes:

         From: "Jerry Goller" <geartester@...>
      Subject: RE: TESTER CALL! FREE GEAR! LOOK HERE NOW! THIS IS IT, THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR! OVER HERE! COME LOOK AT THIS! HEY, YOU! FORGET THE BORING POSTS. READ THIS!

      I'm sorry (I'd love to hear this one myself) you don't weigh enough to
      test this hammock. I understand why you want this one but the test is to
      determine it's suitablity to it's target group.like me.lol. The Safari
      series was designed for those larger than life people..250 pounds or
      better. If ya gotta get turned down for a test, this isn't a bad
      reason..lol.

      Hi, All-

      This is for Rachel and others who want to experience what the Hennessy hoopla is about.  Some of us true believers are bringing our HH's to any hiker gathering we can get to, and are willing to let you all (one at a time) crawl in, stretch out, and get the feel of a Hennessy at no risk.  I've got three different ones that I own, including the Safari prototype.  Seeing the UltraLite will give an idea of the trend in fabrics of the lighter, newer models, the Safari prototype will give the palatially spacious feeling of the newer Safari Models, and the original hammock is similar to the current Expedition model.

      I'm making plans to get to the PA RUCK Jan. 25.  Someone else (I think it is David.) is going to the Southern one- I think it's in Georgia the weekend of January 18.  We will likely all be showing off our favorite gear, I'll bring "My Precious"-the Titan Kettle, and other favorites, as well.  This will be my first RUCK, and I am looking forward to meeting some of the people whose posts I've enjoyed and seeing some ideas to help me hike better.

      Rosaleen
    • Rob
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2002
        Hiya,

        GA RUCK Jan18-20, Amicalola(sp?) state park
        I'll be bringing my Hennessy original, possibly an
        ultralight if I break down and buy one(twist my arm),
        an Amazonas backpacker, a Lawson, and hopefully a
        Crazy Creek if it gets here in time. I'm also bringing
        a few of my cold weather insulation experiments.

        BTW, I am now famous(at least in my mind). I also have
        a possible trail name. Thanks Tom!

        -Rob(toasty)

        http://greetings.yahoo.com